.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > E[POD]bot
E[POD]bot Evil mutants tamed out of POD-bot by The Storm and Markus Heiden Counter-Strike

Re: Too many BOTs
Old
  (#11)
preztoo

Default Re: Too many BOTs - 31-10-2005

Are you really a developer? You don't seem like one.

Old
  (#12)
markus_heiden
Moderator / E[POD]bot developer

Default Re: Too many BOTs - 31-10-2005

Calm down,

we will fix that asap, but we can't spend much time on epb right now. I am also interested in fixing this issue.
So be patient and it will be fixed.

Markus

Old
  (#13)
preztoo

Default Re: Too many BOTs - 01-11-2005

Well, meanwhile, I'm using podbotmm, which works fine:-)

Old
  (#14)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Default Re: Too many BOTs - 02-11-2005

Heyyo,

Whoa! wth guys!? calm down. I remember using meanmod with EPB before the new prefix change, I'll test EPB with meanmod now, and try changing around the min and maxbot settings.. I'll post again once I'm done testing. Ti'll then, please stay calm. Osensei, if you were a true program developper, you'd know it takes time to perfect good code, and there will be bugs in the code cause it's hard to get it perfect the first time through. Flaming the Bot developpers doesn't make the problems go away, if anything, it frustrates them. Constructive critisim is good, just not put downs ok?

[EDIT]
Ok, after testing, the bots fill up the server cause of the command:

autofill on

it's in the epb.cfg, change that to off, so it looks like

autofill off

Now, it seems the min_bots and max_bots feature seems to be broken in EPB v5b, so it needs to be fixed in later releases. By the sounds of it they both know about that and are working onnit. I'm now going to test EPB v5b with meanmod and report my findings inna few minutes.

Later-a-much, and LONG LIVE THE D!,
(Link>>>MarD's Moddin' Site<<<Link) MarD

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Last edited by MarD; 02-11-2005 at 19:57..

Old
  (#15)
Eddy Hassle
This user broke our rules and has been BANNED

Default Re: Too many BOTs - 05-11-2005

by default it is autofill on. when turned off, you'll get no bots. min/max do not work. Basically another dead bot. Oh you ask about metamod. Nope. tried. This bot is definetly not win32 compat.. It is dead..

Old
  (#16)
The Storm
Council Member / E[POD]bot developer

You can add bots manual. And this bot is not dead. If you want the things to be fixed so fast fix it by yourself. > I have other project and right now I can't splent much time in coding of EPB. If you don't like it just leave! >

And if you can't setup the bot because you are to lame to read the other topics and the help docs then it is a your own problem. :RTFM:

Last edited by The Storm; 05-11-2005 at 00:55..

Old
  (#17)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Heyyo,

Storm, don't let negativity affect you. You're doing a good job. I work in Tech Support, and when we can't fix computers within 2 days some customers flip out. I mean, we can't work magic, we've got many things to do. Can't just focus on one unit, it's a waste of time.

Now, Eddy, this bot is win32 compatible. It was built primarlity to work on windows. Support for Linux has been added. Also, you can hit your = or p buttons to bring up a bot menu and add/remove bots as you please. It's the most important feature for most people since not everyone knows the console commands. For the menu, the console command is currently "podbotmenu" but in an upcoming release it will be "epb_botmenu" I believe.

And claiming EPB as dead? c'mon man, we have 2 active coders, one just joined recently. I'm also the official waypointer and beta-tester.

And Eddie, if you would've read the whole thread, I stated a few times that yes the min/max bots feature is currently broken, and that it's going to be fixed. I've already told THE_STORM inna pm, he's read this thread a few times, so he knows it's broken and he's already started working on that with autofill working properly alongside it. Either have some patience, or there's other bots out there you can also try. Remember, there's no such thing as perfection. It's only a dream really. If there was such things then would there be different versions of programs comming out? no. Windows has a heckovalot of coders, and they spend years before releasing a new version, and when they do? they spend the next couple of years just trying to get out the bugs. A bot for CS is the same but onna smaller scale, but same timeframe. Every rose has its thorns man.

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Old
  (#18)
Eddy Hassle
This user broke our rules and has been BANNED

Default Re: Too many BOTs - 06-11-2005

I know, the bot is not dead. And i did read & i'm not noob to bots, christ i have botman's alpha version of the bot for tfc & i've been a follower since. I guess i was just pissed. Cuz i wanted to play CS with a friend on my server. Now earlier in the day when i tried it worked, but filled the server like i said. I read through the manual & checked through the files. So i disabled the fill server, i didn't know the min/max thing was broken till i came here & read through the posts. So the bot being meteamod capable i downloaded & installed throught metamod cuz i run AMXModX & some plugins.

Oh, i guess i'm wrong about the metamod plugin of the bot not working.. Thats right, cuz the autofill was off.. But i swore when i typed 'meta list' in the console the dll wasn't loaded.
Ok, well does it say somewhere in the manual or can you type the addbot command for dedicated server usage? I could not find the command.

Or better yet, i had a paper on it but now i can't find it. Do you know how to get the condition zero bot to work in CS? I found a working version on the web, but of course it crashes when people join. I own CZ but the dlls for client & mp.dll are same size date time. etc. etc. I tried copying over all the files from the bot itself but nothing. I don't understand why turtlerock does not support CS 1.6?? They support CZ & Source.. Sheesh...

So lemme know or just please post the dedicated server command for adding bots. Thanks & sorry for being so pissy.. Just got frustrated that i couldn't play some CS.. Friend dose'nt have CZ..

Old
  (#19)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Heyyo,

Ok, to get CZ bots working in CS1.6 is sadly not legal as you'd have to modify the dll file the bot resides in, and it's copyright protected I believe.

Now, for DS commands, it should currently be like this:

pb addbot
pb removebot

or

epb addbot
epb removebot

The prefixes aren't fully finalized yet for the next EPB update, and when they are we'll tell ya in the latest release thread.

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Old
  (#20)
markus_heiden
Moderator / E[POD]bot developer

Hi,

client commands (the ones without prefix) don't work on the _client_ console if the server is a dedicated one. You can use the _server_ console commands (the ones with epb prefix) instead.

Markus