.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Bug Reports
Bug Reports Post any bug you experience with the latest release of this bot here

Re: Podbot just wont work!
Old
  (#11)
Snukkie

Default Re: Podbot just wont work! - 05-02-2009

Hey i installed the Installed the podbot+amx like u recommended, but now when i start new game it just closes up my game? should i make any changes? or does it have to work?

I extracted all files in cstrike, so it is suposed to work..

Old
  (#12)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostiebek View Post
Hi, I am trying to get the All-In-One 3.1 package working on my cstrike 1.5 win32 installation but I am experiencing the same crash than the one reported above.
If the game crashes after bots joining (CS1.5 only) - it means You have to disable CSDM2. The crash comes from it (it's designed to work with CS1.6/CZERO steam). To disable CSDM in All-In-One go to the folder addons\amxmodx\configs and find the file called plugins-csdm.ini and rename it to disabled-csdm.ini. After that everything works.

If the game crashes at game launch, usually it happens after first time installing metamod. The solution is only one - reinstall steam and start the game once without metamod and other stuff, then install All-In-One with metamod and other crap and start the game once more. Usually that helps.

Old
  (#13)
Snukkie

Hi, this isn't counterstrike 1.5 it's 1.6 on steam, but im still gonna try what u said , maybe it solves it. I sure hope so i've been messing around with it for 2 weeks now.... Normally it just works righ away, because i have a lot of experience with cs, but something like this never happened before..

Old
  (#14)
frostiebek

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
If the game crashes after bots joining (CS1.5 only) - it means You have to disable CSDM2. The crash comes from it (it's designed to work with CS1.6/CZERO steam).
Actually "hl.exe" is crashing in console just before I can join the game (I am creating a listen server). When I started a dedicated server, the last line I could see was "Creating bot...", just followed by an immediate crash of "hlds.exe" (I also tried from a clean install, twice =]).

I apologize for not seeing the warning about Podbot-mm and counter-strike 1.5, my bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
To disable CSDM in All-In-One go to the folder addons\amxmodx\configs and find the file called plugins-csdm.ini and rename it to disabled-csdm.ini. After that everything works.
Unfortunatly this did not do the trick, I think I am going to switch to counter-strike 1.6. It seems to be a lot easier ^^

Thx for your reply and your time

Old
  (#15)
Sc0Rp
Retired Podbot_mm tester

Default Re: Podbot just wont work! - 06-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snukkie View Post
I installed it just like the website says.
1. Install CS1.6 for steam
2. download Podbot and metamod
3. make the files: addons, metamod and dlls.
4. Add metamod.dll in the dlls file.
5. Add podbot to the addons file.
6. Put win32 addons/podbot/podbot_mm.dll in the plugins.ini
7. Open liblist.gam and replace gamedll "dlls\mp.dll" for gamedll "addons\metamod\dlls\metamod.dll"
8. Check Launch options in steam, and it was empty.
Didnt work, so i tried addin -dll addons/metamod/dlls/metamod.dll in launch options, and didnt show any difference.
As I conclude out of the bold-putted lines, you have your metamod folder located in your cstrike folder, no?
This is how it is supposed to look like:
-cstrike folder: "addons folder"
-addons folder: "podbot folder" and "metamod folder"
-metamod folder: "dlls folder"
That's the only thing I see in your explanations that could be wrong.
p.s.: you haven't got linux, don't you?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old
  (#16)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Podbot just wont work! - 06-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostiebek View Post
Unfortunatly this did not do the trick, I think I am going to switch to counter-strike 1.6. It seems to be a lot easier ^^
Thx for your reply and your time
My bad. I should also remember another thing - since AMX X 1.8.0 its cstrike module isn't working with CS1.5, too. So You cannot get this and newer version of AMX X to work with CS1.5. That also - as a result - prevents You to use my latest All-In-One with CS1.5. Sorry for confusing.