.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Bug Reports
Bug Reports Post any bug you experience with the latest release of this bot here

Podbots stuck and passiveness issues on jasonmode
Old
  (#1)
beast

Default Podbots stuck and passiveness issues on jasonmode - 05-04-2013

I'm running a server with jasonmode and there are few annoying problems.
The first one: in some places, like in corners or near walls, bots are getting stuck. They try to move out of the place but most of the time they fail. Example video: http://youtu.be/BLGptlc5E4E
And this is the waypoint area:
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/1450/asdasdrm.png
Also I noticed that bots sometimes just stand still, they don't move untill you shoot at them, though they have waypoints in reach...

Second issue: podbots are very passive on jasonmode, they rarely try to attack and when they do they fail at it. Sometimes they don't even attack when they are alone versus lots of enemies. Also they lock on targets that don't make sense and don't attack targets that are closer to them or behind them.
Example video: http://youtu.be/EopSEq59Mhg

Third issue is a mix of the first and second: When a bot is being heavily attacked, for example 1 vs 5, sometimes it just stucks near a wall or in a corner and is not able to get out of it - just keeps running back and forward and jumping from time to time...

I am running the latest beta V3B22b. But these problems are very old.

Re: Podbots stuck and passiveness issues on jasonmode
Old
  (#2)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Podbots stuck and passiveness issues on jasonmode - 05-04-2013

This what is on Your video examples (demos) is not jasonmode. In jasonmode the bot is aware of the fact he is using a knife. On Your videos I've seen bots trying to knive also enemies far away from them. That doesn't happen if the bot is using a knfife and he is aware of it. It looks like the bot is thinking he is using a gun and he is trying to fire it all the time. What is the mod You are using there? Is this any Zombie Mod? Can You provide the link to the version of it You are using on Your server?

Old
  (#3)
beast

pb_jasonmode is definitely enabled, just checked.
The bot has many targets to choose from... then it just locks on one of them... It happens when the enemies are on different levels (higher, lower). On the same level it's much much better...

The bot is NOT trying to fire a weapon. Because of that situation (bot not attacking closer enemies because he is locked to a further one), I had to force +attack1 and hope players that are close will get slashed (killed).

The mod is private. What exactly do you want to know?

Last edited by beast; 05-04-2013 at 21:38..

Old
  (#4)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

I wanted to download it and run on my PC. But I would need sources of it to see what it does with weapons... If this is forcing the bot to use the weapon and what is the model name Your mod is using...

Old
  (#5)
beast

Default Re: Podbots stuck and passiveness issues on jasonmode - 06-04-2013

I'm forcing Ham_Weapon_PrimaryAttack on:
1. bots when there are enemy players near (like 30 units or so);
2. the BOSS (second video), because he is alone and doesn't seem to choose the best target...;
3. to bots that are on ladders - because they don't attack when are being blocked from the top of the ladder.
Nothing else.

Btw, did you mean weapon models or player? I set the weapon p_ model to "" and that's it. Others are left default.
I can upload you the player models for bots if that helps...

Old
  (#6)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

I was talking about player's model name. This is what I need to know. If the model name starts with the string "chicken" or "zomb", the bot knows by it-self he has to use the knife, so You even don't need to setup jasonmode to on. From that what I've seen the weapon primary attack button is overused - the bot uses it also if the enemy is far away and even on the similar level. Look again on the second video. That 30 units distance limit is not working correctly on them.

Old
  (#7)
beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
I was talking about player's model name. This is what I need to know. If the model name starts with the string "chicken" or "zomb", the bot knows by it-self he has to use the knife, so You even don't need to setup jasonmode to on.
The model doesn't start with those strings, but pb_jasonmode is set to 1. So this doesn't matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
From that what I've seen the weapon primary attack button is overused - the bot uses it also if the enemy is far away and even on the similar level. Look again on the second video. That 30 units distance limit is not working correctly on them.
Well, this doesn't matter also. This is NOT the reason. I made this as a "force fix" in the first place, when I saw bots choosing to lock their aim on targets that don't make sense and being passive on attacking closer enemies, while the real players are just running around without the fear of being knifed...

IMO, this happens because they are on different heights... Could be wrong, though...