.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot > Waypoint Forum
Waypoint Forum A place to request waypoints for a specific map, or to check on the progress of waypoints for your favorite maps.

Re: Breakout2 Waypoints
Old
  (#11)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Re: Breakout2 Waypoints - 16-09-2009

Thanks Ned.
To your second point yes the mappers made that mine wooden barricade difficult to destroy. You need to damage it from the outside. From the inside you need to toss a grenade just right, like a rim shot glance off the edge of the frame and land it close to where the construction crates appear. It takes me about 5 tries and 5 grenades much of the time. Tossing an air can through the opening is the easiest way (never takes me more than 2 tries). I asked Avoc for a small map change in the Splash Damage forum so that I could script a different damage area but my request was not included in 1.4.0. Avoc has talked about swapping the mine barrier for the road barrier if they ever make a 1.5.0. (Avoc since then has been focusing on making lovely skyboxes so don't hold your breath for 1.5.0)
Since I can't change the barrier I have placed a field-op roam and an aircan action on the inside and a satchel and air can action on the outside. The bots get the inside air can toss through the opening maybe 25% of the time and the outside satchel maybe 75% of the time. My one bug (or feature) here is that other classes of bots visit the inside of the barrier when it is built (they are only supposed to try that route when it is destroyed.) There seems to be something funny (buggy) in FritzBot about using routes with a class-limited roam for action and a single path action.

To your first point, that delay moving the tank is the one thing I would really like to improve. The first minute most classes of bots are running for the flag, a few for roams near the train tunnel, and the Field Op is supposed to either go to the mine barrier or mount the tank. If I turn off the get-the-spawn-flag action for a lot more of the Allied bots classes the tank might be moved to the tunnel better, but the Allies would definitely let the Axis get the flag.
I have to remember to be careful making any changes to this waypoint, the aiscript is as full as FritzBot appears to allow, so any additional lines to it require deletions of other lines to stay within the limit. I do have a little space left in the .nav file though for more actions (camps?) and lots of space for more routes.

Much appreciate the feedback. Thanks again.