.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Releases, Installers, Docs & Coding
Releases, Installers, Docs & Coding Where the official development happens

Re: PODBOT2.6MM after PMB...work still pending
Old
  (#21)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.
Default Re: PODBOT2.6MM after PMB...work still pending - 17-04-2004

the version to start with is the PODBot SDK it has the newest code from PMB
[edit]
i'll just be reading the code for now..
i'm not used to it yet..
seems so hard to find things..
I think i might relocate somethings..
[/edit]

Last edited by sPlOrYgOn; 17-04-2004 at 09:16..

Old
  (#22)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

I am willing to be the "librarian", or "committer", as mark says. It doesn't eat my time to put in any changes, what eats my time is figuring them and testing them out myself...

Given this, it's no problem for me. I can help you getting started on whatever you may want to fix.

Upon SoUlFaThEr's request I've also made minor improvments to the WP editor and changed some stuff here and there so don't bother changing things dealing with the WP editor yet. I'll release them as soon as there's something interesting else to put in.

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#23)
Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre-Marie Baty
I am willing to be the "librarian", or "committer", as mark says.
Upon SoUlFaThEr's request I've also made minor improvments to the WP editor
Good thanks PM.
One thing we will need is a way to get your absolute latest source so we know what , exactly you have changed and we don't duplicate efforts and modify the same areas.
For example, I have in my source the menu changes requested by SF (i sent them to you once) and I also have in my source the command index fix, but these changes are not in any version that you posted.
So you see the problem already. I am not sure what to send right no.
If I could see the exact source you have I would know exactly what to send and it would take less of your time to sort everything out. In essence I would be doing the sorting out here before forwarding the changes. Can you keep a zip on your server some where of the absolute latest source? Really, we need to have a CVS repository setup somewhere.
Thanks.

Last edited by Austin; 17-04-2004 at 21:28..

Old
  (#24)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

To sPlOrYgOn - I tested right now Your dll, and still I see - "detailnames on" doesn't work (botskill can't see near bot's name in parenthesis and type - agressive,normal, defensive - can't see the same). Bots don't re-renter the game after map change by changelevel command (on dedicated server and on listenserver). Tested on CS1.5 , metamod 1.17, statsme 2.8.0.7 Beta, clanmod 1.80.19 Beta, podbot.dll created by You 14.04.2004 17:27 233472 bytes. I think the problem with non re-enter of bots - maybe You don't call every map change the podbot.cfg file (there are addbot commands). Can You check this?

OK - I was wrong when I thinked that there is nobody to continue the work of PMB right now, but this discussion before and hard words of PMB suggested this. Sorry for all if I hurted somebody.

Old
  (#25)
SoUlFaThEr

no pain taken.......
have a look at the other thread one last time to see what i wrote you about the addbot thing Kwo
try that.

other than that just wait.

AUSTIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ok......PMB did some amazing shit again.
hard to tell you what because its just amazing.

one thing he did was put the apmd menus back to the way HE had it.......and i must say......its really better with those numbers he had.......after now tryin both, his just are set correct(i think mine were more for that map i was doing.....how selfish of me)......and the new feature he added.......OMFG...thats almost not even needed anymore

when it fully works, it was the idea i threw into POX over a year ago:

point at a waypoint and delete or add paths......INCOMING or OUTGOING as well.....from where you stand.

its not completely correct yet.......but.....damn.......you will only have to open the console when waypointing ONLY if you need to teleport to somewhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
but it yet needs some fine tuning.........so wait, ill be getting with him tonight again to see if we can fix the rest

@ALL of you:
this thing with everyone dipping in and doing something to the bot........

please just keep track, on your own, what you have changed........keep your own files safe(the originals and what you changed)......and hold on to them.....so that one day.......when everyone is ready........it will all be sent to one person......and COMPILED

THEN ............we test it out.......if one part is messed up...THAT person goes fixing........and we work from there........

because if everyone uploads a dll he corrected.....we are never going to have all the changes in one DLL.......and :

me and T-Wrecks (and other waypointers maybe) are trying to make a custom waypoint pack for this bot specifically and must be able to continue to do them... so we also need a working DLL......like the one where PMB stopped.

can we agree on that????? me only tries to add organization to everyones HELP! i see all of you trying to help and appreciate the shit out of it cuz i love all this work we are doing together.

PEACE OUT

SoUlFaThEr

Last edited by SoUlFaThEr; 17-04-2004 at 23:24..

Old
  (#26)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

SF - OK - sorry , I will not ask you to confirm something if You doesn't want.

About addbot command - beacuse sPlOrYgOn suggested me, that his dll fix problems described by me in the prevoius thread (SF - You can look what I asked about), I answered him (now - in this thread), that these things I described there are not solved by him. There are only solved problem caused by PMB (these lines of sources with the same parameter - so ignore others - and beacuse this the name couldn't be added by addbot command). I described problem (for me it's old problem) with DIFFERENT WORK OF ADDBOT COMMAND in podbot.cfg and console line. This last (console) doesn't use class parameter (the third paramter for addbot comand in this case must be a bot's name). Why? I only asked about this beacuse I think somebody checking and correcting some issue with addbot comand (this PMB mistake) can fix another problem (this with different work) with the same command - this should be close to this code. This problem with re-enter bot to the game is new for me. Because on this forum sPlOrYgOn's release of podbot.dll is latest , so my words were directed to him.
But maybe his source were not the latest vesrion from PMB, too? In this case I losed much time...

Old
  (#27)
SoUlFaThEr

Default Re: PODBOT2.6MM after PMB...work still pending - 18-04-2004

its not that i dont want to test what you mention Kwo.....not at all dude......i like helping people.

but you misunderstand something from me
i dont code.
i only make maps and waypoints.
and now i test the dll for them too.

so you telling us about the mistake is good because the Coders will one day fix this.

it is momentarily a question of priorities...we attempting to add some great new features that get the bot RUNNING well. Other "fixes" that dont affect gameplay of the bot.....will get done as well.....but after these changes are made first. it is though likely that sPlOrYgOn will be checking into this so he will be testing that......while i am testing other things

its all good man......it will get fixed...just be patient with us yo

Old
  (#28)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

SF - I know that You are not a coder. I know that You do waypoints for maps (I remember You since discussion about cs_medieval map and too many wp added by me reached max wp numbers - this was about 2 years ago on another forum - You don't remeber this? ), but You said in the previous thread, that You are ready for tests for help PMB's work (this is first) and I konw that You tested sometimes addbot command and You received bad results (this is second); next some people said that they can fix some problems about addbot command (this is third). Adding this - I thinked, this is good way to ask You to confirm the problem I see with addbot comand. Only because this. I know - for playing game maybe this is not big problem and now the priority are bigger - but if somebody is touching code of addbot command, maybe he can solve this my problem, too? Maybe this is not a big problem during one correction of this the same command.
OK - now I'll try to be patient, but for playing game this issue about bot don't re-enter the game (latest sPlOrYgOn's release) I will cry .

Old
  (#29)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.

sorry i can't test or build new version right now or anytime soon..
sharing computers always cause trouble... and my sister's computer.. the only one with windows.. she won't let me use.. so i can't test or compile anything for windows and on linux when i compile plugins using glibc2.3 and gcc 3.3.2. plugins get a bad load when i try to test them so i can't build linux builds either..
I can't do anything at all right now.. :'(
[edit]
oh yea kWo you got strange problems because when i tested the dll before which is the same dll in the zip file on my site detailednames on works and also it does run podbot.cfg at the start of each map.
[/edit]
[edit2]
once PMB is ready to release that amazing stuff he did to the code I think I'll try to fix any bug anyone might find.
[/edit2]

Last edited by sPlOrYgOn; 18-04-2004 at 01:18..

Old
  (#30)
SoUlFaThEr

that is if you can get on her computer

Kwo
i tested the addbot command
addbot 1 2 bill

and i got a bot named bill

addbot 2 4 george

and i got a bot named george

then i turned ON detailnames cuz i dont use that, went back in a map and:

addbot 1 2 bill

and got a bot named bill

addbot 2 4 george

and got a bot named george

both had a [P*D] and a (NN)skill readout.

did i miss something?
i did this in 1.5 only

my bot.cfg also loads each map.
but in the second map the bots are not added automatically......true and this has been like this for quite a while and it wasnt a change of anyone but PM that did this.
i dont see why thats a "problem" tho
cuz i can still fill the server with bots by using the botmenu.

if i missed something to test please inform me...and i will test it for you to try to get the same error.