.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Releases, Installers, Docs & Coding
Releases, Installers, Docs & Coding Where the official development happens

Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^
Old
  (#361)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 11-03-2010

It is refreshed in the code every 1 second, the same like all cvars (in the same loop). If I start to update it every 2 seconds it will be more visible they are changing not in the same time it happens for humans. There will be for sure some "phase" offset in ping updating (i.e. first all humans, then 1 second no updates, then bots ping update, then - next 1 second - update for humans again). I don't know hot to make it so it will get updated on the scoreboard exactly the same time it's updated for humans.

Old
  (#362)
CS1.6
This user broke our rules and has been BANNED

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 13-03-2010

A possible fix for bot autokill on as_ maps (after human VIP reaches target):

A code in podbot recognizes maps with as_ prefix and turns pb_autokilldelay to 10.

Tests showed that 10 seconds is enough.

Old
  (#363)
CS1.6

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 14-03-2010

Another thing:

I don't see a meaning in the bots often saying "Follow me!"

Who is going to follow him?

It should be removed.

It just makes the bots seem like arrogant b!tches everytime they say "Follow me" at round starts.
Technically or gameplaywise (strategically) this mssg by a bot is totally senseless.

And for some reason this message is their most frequent one. That's why i stress it.

Old
  (#364)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 15-03-2010

At the round start each team chooses a leader to follow. It's some minimum team playing code included in podbot mm. Once the leader says "Follow me" other bots have to react on that command - some of them they are really following the leader (until seeing an enemy or they stop to follow the leader after certain time - 30 seconds or something). Removing that command would affect the game each bot would go a separate route to each-own goal. That's why the usage of this command won't be removed from the code.

Old
  (#365)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 16-03-2010

New update - V3B20m:

+Fixed (finally) the problem when the first human joins a team and there are bots only on the server - there is "sv_restartround 1" called.
+Fixed the problem with fast direction change when the bot is moving and no enemy around (the should rotate now more smoothly).
+Fixed the problem with chat messages not filling the string with a name of the player the message is related to.
+Fixed the problem with chat messages parsing players names with a space (i.e. if the player had a name "James Bond" in the message string it was only "James").
+Fixed "shoot at death time" to get it working as it should (when the bot kills an enemy, he is still trying to shoot at the same direction for a random period - 0.3sec, 1.0sec).
+Fixed the problem with bots trying neverending to break some unbreakable obstacle (after short time that unbreakable obstacle gets ignored by a bot).

The hardcoded chat messages stay untouched. The autokilldelay for as_xxx maps stays uchanged (I don't think the solution proposed by CS1.6 is correct - in the case all humans are death, VIP still is alive, even if the server owner wanted instant bot autokill - with pb_autokilldelay = 0 - he would need to wait 10 seconds). The people would start to write me bug reports then...

Please test it and leave a feedback here. The feature with "shoot at death" should be longer tested - also with CSDM.

Old
  (#366)
CS1.6

Thumbs up Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 16-03-2010

and the award for Best Bot Update goes to KWo!

That sounds like a serious update right there!!

Old
  (#367)
AlexBreems

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 17-03-2010

KWo
thank you very much for update

Old
  (#368)
CS1.6

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 19-03-2010

It seems everything is working fine!

No bot response if they decide positive after radio message by user?

Old
  (#369)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 19-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS1.6 View Post
No bot response if they decide positive after radio message by user?
They do reply.

New update - V3B20n:

+Fixed the problem when the bot sometimes (while ducking) was considering his situation as getting stuck (for no reason).

It was as a result i.e. - the bot was trring to move forward while ducking - then - after a second - the bot started to move back (for no reason). It happened especially after the bot jumped somewhere to move there ducking (through some windows or some small corridor etc).
There is still something to do with bots shaking (they stop and they turn a bit left then instantly right and so on couple of times). Some of such situations are already fixed, but - it seems - not all of them yet.
Anyway this build is a release candidate 1 for the official version. So, please, test it extremaly seriously so no any serious bug will be included in the official build.

Old
  (#370)
CS1.6

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 20-03-2010

• Quote:
    +Fixed the problem when the bot sometimes (while ducking) was considering his situation as getting stuck (for no reason).
    i tested in cs_siege ..in the room with a corridor. Can't tell if it's now better or not.

• client print_center "Name of wpt creator" should be displayed after 5 seconds join". The round restart center mssg collides with the wpt creator announcement ATM. Normally i have pb_welcomemssg off though. Just for tests i turned it on.

• Quote:
    Suggestion:
    I think if the bots decide positively to your radio orders e.g. when you say "Follow Me" or "Stay together team!" etc. then they should allways give a feedback

Last edited by CS1.6; 20-03-2010 at 10:11..