Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > JoeBot
JoeBot Furious mechs by @$3.1415rin Counter-Strike

JoeBOT kill self at spawn ??
Old
  (#1)
Arkoren

Default JoeBOT kill self at spawn ?? - 05-01-2004

Hi,

I've encountered a strange problem using JoeBOT version 1.62 and 1.63 in combination with CS 1.5. On several maps that I've downloaded from fileplanet a changing number of JoeBOT's die immediately. The console says "[Joe]... killed self at worldspawn". For example when I play 8 vs 8 with 15 bots on the map de_nightop_b2 (cool map by the way ) at least 3 of the 8 ct's die, but sometimes even 4 ct's die. When I play 4 vs 4 with 7 bots usually none dies, but sometimes 1 ct dies. Could this have something to do with startingpoints..?? And if the answer to this question is yes; how do I put more startingpoints on the map and why does it only happen to ct's on this map. At least I know one thing for sure : I don't have a clue !!

I hope that someone can give me one...???

Thanks,
Arkoren

Re: JoeBOT kill self at spawn ??
Old
  (#2)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

Default Re: JoeBOT kill self at spawn ?? - 05-01-2004

perhaps there are not enough spawn points. Try maps with more spawnpoints and see if this problem still exists. Do note that most maps are made for 12 vs 12 at max. Although you can have 32 players in total (so in theory , 16 vs 16) you should try to keep your teams at max with 10 each (perhaps 12).

Author of RealBot, "Arrakis" and "Dune 2 - The Maker" | co-Founder of Bots-United | Fundynamic | Blog | E-Mail me

Old
  (#3)
Arkoren

Thanks for the suggestion,

that is an option I've also thought of although I didn't knew the right name. But that still leaves the question open why it only happens to the ct's. It wouldn't be a real logical way of programming to give one team more spawnpoints than the other. And if this is the case I wonder if someone could tell me how to add spawnpoints, because I like the map and would like to practice against willing prey.
An other point which I find ilogical is the fact that when I play 4vs4 that it doesn't happen all the time, which would indicate that there are at least 4 spawnpoints but then sometimes it still happens.

And beside this I'm a fanatic waypointer momentarily so if anybody could give me any pointers they're welcome...

Thanks
Arkoren.nl

Old
  (#4)
@$3.1415rin
Council Member, Author of JoeBOT

that'd be the only reason I would know. at least the joebot code isnt killing the bots