.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > YappA > The Agora
The Agora This is the place to go if you have suggestions, or if you want to participate in Council discussions. Everyone is welcome!

Re: Warning/banning procedure
Old
  (#11)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Warning/banning procedure - 30-12-2004

It's not exactly true. A lot of times I saw this - "You are warned. Next time = ban". Need examples?

[EDIT]
@Stefan - 3Colors broke the rules a lot of times and even when the people said him - "this is illeagal" or "don't join here since You are banned" - he still continutaed his behavior - so I don't have nothing against warning and banning him. It was OK for him, because he deserved for ban for sure many times. I'm talking about examples , when the people may not to know if they ASK about something illegal and they got warned. Don't You see any difference between them and 3Colors work?
Another thing is this - the most members got banned here exactly breaking this point of rules talking about posting illegal software (almost all concerning to CS1.6 No-Steam). I hope - by invoking this , I' don't deserve the warning, too.
Because of this, the people still are breaking this point of rule (sometimes they even don't know it - because when they ASK, they may think they don't break any rule) - need to prevent it somehow.
Dunno - maybe need add a page during registration process with the info "Don't post, even don't ask about anything You are not sure is 100% leggal, because a lot of members got banned breaking this rule here". OK - Rules are rules and the people should read them during registration procees, but if it's not sufficient , we need to save them - because this point is the cause of almost all ban here. Can You repeat Your question, because I don't know what I have to answer to?
[/EDIT]

Last edited by KWo; 30-12-2004 at 23:48..

Old
  (#12)
Cpl. Shrike
ShrikeBot Coder/Moderator

Default Re: Warning/banning procedure - 30-12-2004

No no examples.. you made a point.
(your examples make it only worse for the ppl involved)
But i don't think it's a big issue.
Nobody has been treated unfair or really harsh.

So far only one real pain has been banned.
And as far as the warnings goes ... well it just warnings.
And like Aspirin said words do/can feel different to people.

Last edited by Cpl. Shrike; 30-12-2004 at 23:48..

Old
  (#13)
@$3.1415rin
Council Member, Author of JoeBOT

Default Re: Warning/banning procedure - 31-12-2004

In my opinion here is nobody that crazy among the mods to ban / warn ppl just for fun. havnt seen this here yet, and I hope I won't. But if there might be the case, that someone think that someone else or himself has been treated not as he/she deserved, then we could do a council vote to solve that problem. Another bunch of rules, which arent read by most users, would not be useful, we'd still have holes here and there.

this special point about illegal software ... well, links are covered by the rules, and if somebody makes a little statement somewhere below some post about some software which might be illegal, or if somebody might have started a thread about how to use some software where most ppl think it's warez ... well, I think that should then be handled by the mod, which can then consider an explicit warning, just a private message, or whatever.

Old
  (#14)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

3 Colors was a real pain yes, so this is not even comparable with others. It was not a statement, it was a question

I think we have made our point actually, i go with Asp and with Shrike here.

When you link to illegal software, a warning is at place. Do you know any site where you can do that kind of stuff without getting atleast some warning? (ofcourse, i mean 'normal' websites/communities).

In fact, everything that has the word 'illegal' attached to it, could be considered a dangerous subject on this place. We do not support it, (ie, we cannot give you support how to make bots work on illegal versions of CS for example).

As for mod behaviours, i have not found a single moment that i thought that the mod was handling incorrect, or even unfair.

Author of RealBot, "Arrakis" and "Dune 2 - The Maker" | co-Founder of Bots-United | Fundynamic | Blog | E-Mail me

Old
  (#15)
@$3.1415rin
Council Member, Author of JoeBOT

maybe we should consider an explicit council decision before banning someone ... I guess that's not already in the rules.

Old
  (#16)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

I'm agree with You, Stefan, if someone is posting a link to illegal software he deserves the warning. But I'm talking about the situation when somebody doesn't post any link to any illegal software, but he is asking only about something (and we know it may be illegal, but he may not to know it's illegal). Like I said - even me - I didn't know ZBot is illegal, but when I'would ask how to install it (and I didn't know it's illegal) do I deserve a warning the same or not?

Last edited by KWo; 31-12-2004 at 00:48..

Old
  (#17)
Cpl. Shrike

Well if a mod warns you about that . yes a warning is not bad.
A warning is not even compared to be a ban or sumting.

Old
  (#18)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

But if - as I said - two warnings here are sufficient to be banned (want example? Already showed at priva to Aspirin... ) - it means - two stupid questions (I may not to know if something is illegal) = ban.

BTW - Because of some reason my Java applet doesn't work OK and I couldn't go to IRC

Old
  (#19)
Cpl. Shrike

I don't know about the rule that 2 warning is a ban.
If it is then it hase to go.. but if it mean you'll be on the warned list that was mentioned earlier then yeah a ban is considered.

But to make it clear.
A warning and being on the warning list as on the warned thread is sumting different.
There wil always be differenaces between each case we can't make rules for each and every case.
All is handled well and you don't need to worry.
85% or more of the mod warnings are none severe and only some had reached the warned threat list. maybee only that option need to be less used at occassion.

I suggest to leave the topic at this...

Old
  (#20)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Sorry - I don't want to annoing You, but I thought it was clear written here - second warning (for the same breaking rule) means a ban. Look at these examples then:

http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=926

http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?p=22610
(BTW - ask Mr. Joe what exactly this guy was asking about)

Another problem is this - warned people a lot of time got scared and they didn't post here again (as they found this place as unnice - warning at enter). This is sad.

About warn members and and list of warned members - what exactly it means "You are warned" but "You are not on warned list"? All of the people just ASKING about ZBot and CS1.6 No-Steam -they are on "Warned memebers" list after first ask of this (regardless if they asked only or they posted the link to warrez). Also THE_STORM and dead bwoy instantly they appeared on that list (check it ).
If You will still think all OK - I'll stop continuing this thread. I wanted to show only the difference of ASKING about something (when the people may don't know they ask about something illegal) and when they POST WARREZ. Should they be taken the same (in the same way) or for these just ASKING we should to be more patient rather?

[EDIT]
Just for compare with other board - this one seems for me nice:

http://djeyl.net/forum/index.php?sho...29330&hl=rules
[/EDIT]

Last edited by KWo; 31-12-2004 at 12:14..