.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Fritzbot Server Lag
Old
  (#1)
BoringMan

Default Fritzbot Server Lag - 17-08-2007

Let me first say (so it doesn't sound like a downer comment) that Fritz is the best all-around Bot out there for practice and server fill.

But....it lags a LOT. Now, I thought this was a coincidence at first so I loaded up other bot mods and had people come on and play....lag free. I put the fritz back on (which they like the best cause they're not as easy as the others) and they all go random 999 or 500 ping+ a few times a minute.

Is there a setting that can remove this experience for people? As much as we love the fritz we may have to use the crummy bots for things since the lag gets ridiculous.... hopefully it's an easy setting fix.

Thanks.

**Could just be coincidence but it's worth asking in case it's a possible common problem that Mal never had a chance to touch up before his adventures in QW.

Re: Fritzbot Server Lag
Old
  (#2)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Re: Fritzbot Server Lag - 17-08-2007

Fritzbot or Fritzbot ET?
Fritzbot has issues with anti-lag settings because RTCW anti-lag does not work properly.
For ET how many bots and which map may be overtaxing your server. Have you tried just a couple of bots to start then add more as your friends have completed joining? Are your friends downloading to join? Other servers obviously don't have the problem since they have successfully operated for some time. If you still can't figure it out post your server cfg so people like Nedd3h and other longtime server admins can compare notes