.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > RealBot > General Forum
General Forum Follow progress, give suggestions, reply to bug report threads here.

Time to finalize?
Old
  (#1)
[BBB]sluggo

Default Time to finalize? - 08-01-2005

Hi there,

I was thinking that now that the focus has changed more towards HL2, maybe it's time to do a "final" or rather Realbot AI 2.0 or something.
Maybe fix some small things, if there are any, I have played the latest WIP for hours and havn't come across any buggs.
Maybe some final touches to make it look more humanlike and then make a installpackage?
The risk is that it will never leave this WIP stage if time goes on.
Well, do what you want it's just a suggestion and im quite happy with it today but new ppl comming here may find it difficult to find the correct files and where/how :RTFM: to install it.... even though there are tons of threads on how to do it.

An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field. Niels Bohr (1885 - 1962)

Re: Time to finalize?
Old
  (#2)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

Default Re: Time to finalize? - 08-01-2005

well, i think its a good idea to wrap up an installer for CS 1.6, so its 'considered final'. But for CS: S , it will be a big job to convert the code ... though it will be possible. THe nodemachine can be converted easily it hink.

Author of RealBot, "Arrakis" and "Dune 2 - The Maker" | co-Founder of Bots-United | Fundynamic | Blog | E-Mail me

Old
  (#3)
[BBB]sluggo

Default Re: Time to finalize? - 09-01-2005

Yes, thats exactly what I ment. I ment finalize for cs1.6 The AI 2.0 was just cause I don't know what you would call it
I understand that the cs:s-bot is somewhere in the horizon yet :-)
Mmm, yes the nodemachine wonderfull piece of work, gets you started on new maps so much quicker. Great effort by everyone who has contributed to the bot!

An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field. Niels Bohr (1885 - 1962)

Old
  (#4)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

Default Re: Time to finalize? - 10-01-2005

i think its quite possible to convert the nodemachine for CSS...

i'm quite anxious to convert it, but i can't ... for atleast 2 weeks i have to wait! argh.

EDIT:
If someone thinks he can make an installer for RB , so it works with Metamod (so you need to install that with it + plugins.ini) and such + nodes. Great, because i have no to little time...

Author of RealBot, "Arrakis" and "Dune 2 - The Maker" | co-Founder of Bots-United | Fundynamic | Blog | E-Mail me