.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot > Waypoint Forum
Waypoint Forum A place to request waypoints for a specific map, or to check on the progress of waypoints for your favorite maps.

Re: Bloody Omaha
Old
  (#21)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Re: Bloody Omaha - 16-06-2008

The next version of the map bloody_omaha_b2 was released. Waypoints will follow later this week. TNR360 has fixed some but not all texture edges, and has added 3 or so new objectives plus spawn changes, mine fields... . One minor thing so far needed a script fix so I have made a standalone script file with some of the eyecandy from my waypointing b1, File can be used in Jaymod etc. and is best put in the directories of those mods that support ETPub extended scripting. (or \etmain if you ONLY play supporting mods)

Verified works in Jaymod 2.7.1, ETPub 0.7.2, No Quarter 1,1,0 and FritzBot 0.7 final. Why ETPro ignores the changes I am trying to figure out.

.one Ringstellung to rule them all.

Last edited by TomTom; 17-06-2008 at 04:30..

Old
  (#22)
TomTom

Default Re: Bloody Omaha - 19-06-2008

Ok by brute force I figured it out why the script file did not work in ETPro 3.2.6. Every entity no matter how minor needed a scriptname parameter (though the script block was not required). Also corrected a small typo/change and took out the wait preceding the wm_endround that is commonly a problem in ETPro. So 0.20 is posted. If it tests ok in all the other mods then the older versions will be removed.

I am still researching the icons outside the compass bug. ETPro 3.2.6 is supposed to fix this but maybe it needs a texture fix? Anybody know the answer?

Last edited by TomTom; 19-06-2008 at 02:16..

Old
  (#23)
TomTom

Default Re: Bloody Omaha - 22-06-2008

OK finally got around to porting the beta 1 waypoints to the beta2 map. Still a few things to do better but playable. 0.11 waypoints are here.

The added eyecandy is based (loosely) on real history (smoke from grass fires did obscure the beach in some sectors, and obsolete tank turrets (e.g French) were set on concrete slabs on the ground as a defensive fortification). Not certain the turret will time well in an over-the-internet server-client situation so feedback is welcome (I could do a version with the eyecandy removed if requested).

Update: Oops missed a couple of lines in the aiscript. so 0.14 is now posted (surprisingly Allies won all 5 bot-only matches I tested)

Last edited by TomTom; 23-06-2008 at 06:28.. Reason: Fixed version

Old
  (#24)
nedd3h

Default Re: Bloody Omaha - 25-06-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomTom View Post
I am still researching the icons outside the compass bug. ETPro 3.2.6 is supposed to fix this but maybe it needs a texture fix? Anybody know the answer?
i enquired a bit about this - here -

all i know is a seperate file is required to be put into the etpro folder specific to the map

some info here
http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/s...ctives+compass
http://bani.anime.net/banimod/forums...utside+compass

maybe download some maps that have these files
eg. Raw Castle - link - 10MB -
have a look how others have done it

i have no idea on this kind of thing so can't help you anymore

good luck!

Old
  (#25)
TomTom

Default Re: Bloody Omaha - 25-06-2008

Thx but that wasn't it. There were no custom objective icons used. I tried making shaders for the default gfx/limbo/cm_... ones but that did nothing. Finally tracked it down to another map in \etmain (Tobruk.pk3 may 8 2005). What is corrupting in that map I don't know but I could not run the file in etmain either (hunk_alloc err). So I deleted Tobruk and don't need to make any shaders. Thanks again.

Just a quick note FYI
Old
  (#26)
TomTom

Post Just a quick note FYI - 16-11-2008

The map contains the file scripts/omaha.shader. However other mappers also have used the same filename for their shaders in omaha.pk3 and 1944_omaha_b3 (and earlier versions). Consequently these can be adversely affected graphically since the last shader file (of this name) that is loaded dominates. So omaha.pk3 if present in /etmain would dominate the other two. Or if only bloody_omaha and 1944_omaha were in /etmain then bloody_omaha would dominate (and make 1944_omaha_b3 looked crappy and unfinished).

However merging the various shaders in these files seems to create a workaround.

------------

The shader z_omaha_fix1.pk3 workaround is now tested and available on my filefront page.

Or grab the attachment here and rename it as .pk3
Attached Files
File Type: zip z_omaha_fix1.zip (2.7 KB, 394 views)

Old
  (#27)
nedd3h

Default Re: Bloody Omaha - 25-11-2008

thanks for this