.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Re: FritzBot ET - its here!!!
Old
  (#11)
vlvttch

Default Re: FritzBot ET - its here!!! - 27-03-2006

I'm a longtime user of Omnibot and have spent the time to learn how to set it up etc. I just heard about Fritzbot for ET and tried it out. To say I'm floored is an understatement. Fritzbot feels so much more like a real ET game than Omnibot, it's unreal. I have to keep checking to make sure it's bots I'm playing.

I'm looking forward to future releases for all of the origional maps and am curious if this is compatible with et pub? I also noticed that the cfg is there for Frostbite but it doesn't show up on the list of single or campaigns when I go to start the map.

Anyway, keep up the great work and I look forward to further releases of this bot. Once more maps are out I'll probably have to put it on my server.

Old
  (#12)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Thanks for the nice words and for stopping by vlvttch.

To answer the questions:

I'm wondering if you have a different version of Frostbite than was waypointed. Although I'm not aware of any other versions than what I have. It shows up in all modes for me. Try /map frostbite

The map is here just in case:
http://returntocastlewolfenstein.fil...tbite_ET;20031

If all that is ok, how many maps do you have in your et main directory. I think there is a limit to the number of maps polled to show in the menu list (an ET and RTCW "bug")

ET Pub isn't supported. I'll let Mal answer the rest of that.

4 more maps are being worked on atm. (rommel, nachteinbruch, dubrovnik, and rocket). The default maps could be waypointed now, but we really want to have all the features of a map supported before we release it (i.e. movers / levers).

With that being said, if there are any particular custom maps that anyone would like to see, feel free to start a thread in the waypoint forums.

Old
  (#13)
Boosted

this is just awesome.
was playing omnibot before, and they are real bots.
but these bots act like humans (pretty much at least ).
i would like to see more inaccurate bots (more human ), cause 75% + acc is just too much (on easy setting).
and for sure more supported maps
beside these, i cant really say anything bad to this mod, very good work, keep it going!

Old
  (#14)
BR1GAND

Other than not having all the right maps... played with my 2 boys quite a bit tonight without any problems. Was there some reason Battery wasnt supported?

Bots performed very similar to pub players. I was very pleased with how the bots played their classes. It was uncanny how the bots seemed to anticipate your moves.

GJ guys Im looking foward to more map support and hopefully more ET-Pro-ish style options. )

Old
  (#15)
Maleficus

RE: ETPub/ETPro/Shrub/etc

I've already added a lot of the features from these mods that I liked, so Fritz ET isn't stock ET with bots, its actually closer to ETPub or the old Shrub ET mod.

I'll add more features in time, but in the meantime - suggest what you'd like to see so I know what your looking for.

RE: Battery

I planned on supporting it, but didn't finish the ETPro map script support in time. I liked the fact that in ETPro/ETPub you could have the back door be a dynamite goal, and was working on adding the script support, but its not done. It will be done for the next version tho! If your really curious and want to test where the support is currently, drop the ETPro map script for battery into your "fritzbot/maps/" folder, and you'll see the back door shows up as a goal, but it doesn't blow up when you plant, and it doesn't always say "dyanmite planted". Its still WIP.

RE: Other maps

I'm working on tank/railgun support now. Once thats done, there will be no reason not to support the rest of the default maps, and just about every custom map you could want. Start a thread with the map in particular you like, so we know what you guys want.

Also - with Fritz's built in path editor, if you like a map enough, and just can't wait, you can also just pathing your favorite map yourself. Theres been quite a few Fritz Wolf users who have done that, and we have a pretty nice community here of experienced users/waypointers to help.

Cheers!

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#16)
DrEvil

congrats Maleficus. great job.

Omni-bot AI framework
http://www.omni-bot.com

Foxbot - for Team Fortress Classic
http://www.foxbot.net

Old
  (#17)
Valiant

I didn't get too much time to play, due to family matters but I'm amazed. Most other bots sort of lazily stumble around, seemingly never miss (I've seen some in other games even make their shots zigzag in mid air to ensure hits lol) and generally aren't that bright.

My jaw just dropped when I saw 'ol Fritzy shoot out the windows in the allied cabin on Wurzburg radar, jump out and proceed into the fray - the medics came flying over the fence to revive me (because I was so busy gawking at them I forgot to fight haha)

Seeing an Axis soldier doing that little side to side strafe-jig most players do in a pinch to trick you into overcompensating with your aim - during his reload - had me chuckling at the familiarity of it and gasping at the fact that it was so unexpected that, I almost forgot how to hit someone doing it.

On the whole, there were constant insinuations of realism and similarity to online players with this bot - and it delivers. I really don't feel like I'm playing against some dumb manakins with motorized feet and a gun here. If I see anything I really just can't stand, I'll fire back once I've had more playtime under my belt.

The way is made clear when viewed from above.

Old
  (#18)
BR1GAND

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleficus
RE: ETPub/ETPro/Shrub/etc

I've already added a lot of the features from these mods that I liked, so Fritz ET isn't stock ET with bots, its actually closer to ETPub or the old Shrub ET mod.

I'll add more features in time, but in the meantime - suggest what you'd like to see so I know what your looking for.
Features... Well lets see. Hit tones, ET-Pro map features (like battery as you mentioned and Fuel dump foward spawn at the CP), I also like the shrub corpes drag feature.

But honestly youve done so much already, great bot and mod as is!

Old
  (#19)
vlvttch

Default Re: FritzBot ET - its here!!! - 28-03-2006

Thanks for the response and the help in getting the maps to show up. Just a question regarding et beach map. For some reason the water is all orange. I was wondering if you had considered using mp_beach which as far as I can tell is an almost perfect 1:1 conversion.

As far as a map I would really like to see anytime soon I would like to see the map "xposed".

I'm probably posting in the wrong spot but I started a small dedicated server to try them on it. How do I limit the maxbots in the .cfg file??

Again great work, I'm looking forward to further updates

Old
  (#20)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Default Re: FritzBot ET - its here!!! - 28-03-2006

I'll definately look at xposed once tank support is completed. It looks like a good map.

et_beach and mp_beach look pretty much the same to me. However 420Blunt mentioned that some maps in the etmain folder may cause a conflict with some of the textures on et_beach. He gave me waypoints for mp_beach to post here. Just place the fritz_mp_beach.pk3 in the Fritzbot folder:

http://filebase.bots-united.com/inde...on=file&id=370

Maxbots can be set 2 ways. Either using the menu system (click fritzbot in the server setup menu) or using the cvar g_maxbots.

EDIT: Some browsers may change the pk3 extension on that file to .zip. In this case, rename it using pk3 as the extension.