.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Great Bot! Couple Suggestions.
Old
  (#1)
blaster.man

Default Great Bot! Couple Suggestions. - 08-05-2006

1st off. I downloaded your mod. The bots are VERY impressive. They act very realistically. I'd like to help create support for new maps in the near future.

My suggestions for the mod overall are some simple ones.

1st. Hit sounds, These are vital!

2nd. Based on the skill of the bot they should keep blasting at a corpse even after it dies the way some new players do.

3rd. Based on the skill of the bot, they should gib you (not sure if they do or don't but i didnt notice it)

4th. Rather than a ton of different bot files. I'd acctually like to see them listed in a single script file.

There are a few other idea's I like from other mods that i'd like to see implemented in this one, like throwknife and playdead. But i'm sure you have enough on your plate. Again, Thankyou for this fantastic mod, Please don't hesitate to email if you need something of me.

Re: Great Bot! Couple Suggestions.
Old
  (#2)
Maleficus

Default Re: Great Bot! Couple Suggestions. - 08-05-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaster.man
1st off. I downloaded your mod. The bots are VERY impressive. They act very realistically. I'd like to help create support for new maps in the near future.

My suggestions for the mod overall are some simple ones.

1st. Hit sounds, These are vital!

2nd. Based on the skill of the bot they should keep blasting at a corpse even after it dies the way some new players do.

3rd. Based on the skill of the bot, they should gib you (not sure if they do or don't but i didnt notice it)

4th. Rather than a ton of different bot files. I'd acctually like to see them listed in a single script file.

There are a few other idea's I like from other mods that i'd like to see implemented in this one, like throwknife and playdead. But i'm sure you have enough on your plate. Again, Thankyou for this fantastic mod, Please don't hesitate to email if you need something of me.
Thx for the comments! We can always use more help with waypointing.

As for the features:

1. Already done in our internal version, will be in the next public release!

2 + 3: they will gib your corpse already, sometimes if you annoy them enough (wait til you see a bot knifing your corpse while he cheers!).

4. Possible, but so many ppl have enjoyed the idea of being able to add their own bots of themselves and their friends. Hobbit's excellent waypoint tool (included with FritzBot), has a bot editor builtin that will let you customize your experience.

Cheers!

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#3)
blaster.man

Sweet! One more question does the CURRENT release support tanks? i've started a fueldump waypoint script. But if there is no tank support on the current release, I'll hop over to a different map.

Also about the bots.cfg (possible name ) would be a simple. use all of the same ideas and syntax. but instead of endless amounts of files. have 1 single file, with all the bots listed within. Can be less clutter, and easier to manage. atleast thats from my own point of view.

I like very much on how the bots arent... Super smart (for lack of a better term). you can walk up behind them and they act like they don't notice you. I am very impressed with the AI.

Hats off sir.

Old
  (#4)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Tank support isn't here yet. Some of the support is being beta tested at the moment, so it's getting closer. As for Fueldump, I'm working on that map as part of the Tank support internal beta testing. Check here for a list of waypoints in progress:

http://wiki.bots-united.com/index.ph...Supported_Maps

Also, feel free to update that section with any maps that you are working on. That will help avoid having more than one person working on the same map.

Old
  (#5)
blaster.man

Cool deal. Thanks for the info, I bookmarked that page. I've got the basic ideas down. I suspect to be rolling very soon.

Old
  (#6)
Nova2001

Default Re: Great Bot! Couple Suggestions. - 10-05-2006

I don't fully understand why people have asked so often for hitsounds. I find them distracting from the sense of reality (yes, yes, I know how silly that sounds) the game tries to create. Will they be optional?

My roommates and I have played Fritzbot every single night since it was first released. I hate their panzers so much. So much.

Old
  (#7)
Maleficus

Default Re: Great Bot! Couple Suggestions. - 10-05-2006

Hitsounds are optional - you control them in the menu.

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#8)
blaster.man

Default Re: Great Bot! Couple Suggestions. - 11-05-2006

For a while I did not preffer them.

However, as more mods made use of them. I've grown accustom to them. Now I need them to know I'm acctually hitting somone at a long range. Maybe I'm strange.