meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > IvPBot
IvPBot Another PODBot's evil descendance by KaCaT Counter-Strike

Bomb Plant
Old
  (#1)
halc

Default Bomb Plant - 17-04-2004

Hi, I play 1v5 100 skill IVPBots for practice on de_ maps and find them more challenging than the old pod @ 1.5
I have to manually set their personality to 'Normal' to avoid the mindless skulking around the map that takes weeks or the mindless rampaging...
Despite this, they definitely don't follow the same patterns as POD 2.5, where for example on nuke they predominantly rush the squeaky door which is excellent for practising wallspray but now they tend to skulk about outside which extends roundtimes and my patience. I thought they used the same waypoints, so why the different behaviour? This goes for most maps btw!

Also... it seems that when you plant them bomb (regardless of map really) the bots just don't show up to defuse ever... They run off and you sometimes find them congregating together on the other side of the map!

And of course, they seem practically immune to flashbangs, whilst this is semi-realistic, it is sometimes a little too ludicrous (2 flashes right in front of them and they still headshot you before you've fully shown )

Any help in improving any of these issues would be appreciated!

PLAY HARD GO PRO o_O

Re: Bomb Plant
Old
  (#2)
CoCoNUT

Default Re: Bomb Plant - 17-04-2004

Hi, granade- and flash- "behavior" is not perfect, but a good player wouldnīt care about your flashbang very much, too . Sometimes they fail, but in most cases the bots defuse the bomb perfectly and in time. My wishlist for the IvPbot would be to respect the nohostage-flag and a more improved pathfinder. The bots based on the Podbot 2.6-code have a different one, I think (not sure). Thatīs why they behave a little different than olī Pod 2.5.
The new Zbot is very easy even on level 3 compared to the IvP/Podbot, so if you want to improve your aiming, IvP is a good solution .

My aiming is not that good, I play Pod/IvPbot with max-level 70 .

Have fun!

For maps, nav-files, waypoints and more visit: http://coconut.de.tc

Last edited by CoCoNUT; 17-04-2004 at 19:00..

Old
  (#3)
halc

Default Re: Bomb Plant - 19-04-2004

hrr hoped for a bit of advice as to how to set up the bots better!

but oh well, they work okay I guess

Old
  (#4)
shamz

Default Re: Bomb Plant - 20-04-2004

maybe if you put the bots in your ass and rub them with oils then they ll be fixed

Old
  (#5)
halc

Default Re: Bomb Plant - 21-04-2004

oh ok

Old
  (#6)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Default Re: Bomb Plant - 22-04-2004

Quote:
maybe if you put the bots in your ass and rub them with oils then they ll be fixed
Is that humour??? It should better be. Unless I missed out something all I see is a member being rude to a newcomer - for no reason. Read the forum rules again shamz. You would deserve a warning. Since there's something unclear here it's OK for now.

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#7)
Hardwood

Default Re: Bomb Plant - 22-04-2004

IF I had 1 request for Kakaat, it would be to find a way to tell the bots to plant because you're in the plant zone.

I can't count the number of times I've led a bot to a plant zone just to have them hang around doing nothing. Rather than shooting the bewildered Bot just to get the bomb, it would be great to bring up the bot menu and push a button to have the bomb carrier try to plant. Or how about a command to tell the bomb carrier to drop the bomb. That way a human could pick it up and do the deed. Either of these would sure be useful.
Is this possible?

Old
  (#8)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Default Re: Bomb Plant - 23-04-2004

Heyyo,

Hardwood, just use the radio command "need backup" and the bots should run your way. It helps at least get the bomber to the bomb zones, sometimes he plants right away too. If they keep saying "negative" just use the radio command "go go go" first.

Later-a-much, and LONG LIVE THE D!,
(Link>>>MarD's Moddin' Site<<<Link) MarD

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Old
  (#9)
Hardwood

Default Re: Bomb Plant - 25-04-2004

Ya MarD, that's how I get them there. And actually if you use "taking fire need assistance" you'll get more responding to you. Anyhow.. I can't count the number of times I got them there, only to have them run off. I had hoped "hold this position" or "sector clear" would convince them to plant but... NOT!
I'm now trying podbot 1.6mm to see how well they do.

Old
  (#10)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Default Re: Bomb Plant - 25-04-2004

Heyyo,

Yeah, PM made it more team orientated. So it should be more interesting, than deathmatch.

Later-a-much, and LONG LIVE THE D!,
(Link>>>MarD's Moddin' Site<<<Link) MarD

Rock Hound. (<Link)