meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > IvPBot
IvPBot Another PODBot's evil descendance by KaCaT Counter-Strike

Waypoints
Old
  (#1)
JeffR12345

Default Waypoints - 30-03-2004

Alright, I installed IVPBot, and when I go to add a bot, I get something similer to "theres no waypoints for this map", even though there are, and they are in WPTDefault, and its set in the cfg. Any help? Thanks.

Re: Waypoints
Old
  (#2)
gonzo

Default Re: Waypoints - 31-03-2004

do you play on maps where you have a waypointfile?

Old
  (#3)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Default Re: Waypoints - 31-03-2004

He said so in his post, gonzo, so I assume he HAS waypoints for the map(s) in question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR12345
I get something similer to "theres no waypoints for this map", even though there are, and they are in WPTDefault
Hm... tricky one. Are those standard maps where you get the error? Is it one map or does the error happen on all maps? From what you said, it sounds as if you had this problem at least w/ several maps. If it were just one custom map, the pwf could simply be broken, but this sounds more complicated. Now I don't use IvPBot, so all I can do is guess and hope something may at least point to the problem.
Did you change anything (cfg or whatever), or did you just install IvPBot and opened a game right afterwards?
Does it matter in IvPBot if the WP folder is in upper- or lowercase? I don't suppose it does, but maybe...
Did you try a clean reinstall of IvPBot and test on a default map?
Sorry that I can't be very helpful, but if this error occurs even after a clean IvP install with WPs, and on a standard map, then I'm really helpless, too. ???

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.

Old
  (#4)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Default Re: Waypoints - 02-04-2004

Heyyo,

Hmm, you might be having a incompatibility prob. Cause before, I remember lots of people got angry that cs_wallmart waypoints would never load n' such. I eventually made my own for that map, and it loaded properly each time afterwards.

I bet tha's the same prob you're getting. Try typing this into the console:

waypoint load

if it says that it couldn't find the waypoint file for the map (it's the map's EXACT name, with the extension .pwf so for example, de_dust2 waypoints would read de_dust2.pwf)

If it says something else, you might as well redo the waypoints.

Later-a-much, and LONG LIVE THE D!,
(Link>>>MarD's Moddin' Site<<<Link) MarD

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Old
  (#5)
[WT] Deagle [TR]

Default Re: Waypoints - 07-04-2004

hi guys same problem im new to this botbiz wpt default, i got pxp files,
and 10 or so pwf files, i need those pwf right.... that i figured, do i convert the pxp files? (somehow) or is pwf files something different? and if so how do i get those pwf files

pxppwfatffpt

Regards Deagle

Last edited by [WT] Deagle [TR]; 07-04-2004 at 09:28..

Old
  (#6)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Default Re: Waypoints - 07-04-2004

Heyyo,

Ok, pxp means podbot experience file, while pwf means podbot waypoint file. PWF's are one of the most important files for all bots (well, not RACCbot, cause it's waypointless ) cause it tells bots how to roam around the level.

Just delete the pxp files.

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Old
  (#7)
[WT] Deagle [TR]

Default Re: Waypoints - 08-04-2004

k thanks i deleted the pxp
so were do i get the necessary pfw fwp wfp fpw forgot the name.....
and y does it crash all the time when using bots, i use standard maps with waypoints its a 32 player and the maps must be 20-24 thats y it crashes......
spawnpoints ofcourse.... (bugger) but is that sufficient to make the server crash when overloaded in spawn and could that have anything to do with the joining guys "remains dead" even after they choise there team and round starts again?!
remains dead even with allmost empty server and going spectate and back doesnt help.... spawnpoints? or??

Old
  (#8)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Heyyo,

I suggest for waypoints, to get my waypoints. I make great E[POD]bot waypoints, and since IvPbot's also based off of PODbot, they work with Ivpbot too. )

Actually, for E[POD]bot, I had to remake some waypoints cause some old ones weren't entirely compatible with the bot, and caused crashes on round restart. So sometimes I had to delete the .pwf files, and make my own waypoints.

Overspawning? no, it shouldn't be enough to kill off the computer, but it will kill off any extra players at random (could be bots, could be you. Most likely you, dunno why, maybe cause players spawn 1st. )

What I'd do if I were you is find one of them spawnpoint editing things, and give it a go. I think PMB made one, check out his RACCbot site, and check in the downloads under "other projects." If he hasn't, then look through google for "spawnpoint counter strike" or something like that.

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Old
  (#9)
[WT] Deagle [TR]

thanks a bunch mate i found one of those editors, tried changing spawns it works like a charm... but still having problems with mapchange (too slow)
connecting clients remaining dead, crash, so i temporarely removed the bots
now theres no such problems.... need to find a solution

Regards Deagle

Old
  (#10)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Heyyo,

You can try turning off the creating of experience flags. It'll increase loading, and quitting times cause after each map, the bot writes its findings to a file. Don't worry, IvPbot should still run great, it won't learn the level, but it'll still work great man.

Rock Hound. (<Link)