Re: Doom 3 first impressions
Old
  (#21)
biohazerd87
Moderator by day Waypointer by night

Default Re: Doom 3 first impressions - 05-08-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruB
its not hardcore.. ID seems to want you to have that..
its not latest either.. radeon9600

but about what you said BioHazard..

ive read alot of discussions about which got bets GFX.. doom or hl2.. they talk about how many object rendered at that same time in a scene.. hl2 with massive areas.. and many characters.. alos the nice face expressions..

doom.. it looks really good.. more polys.. on each thing.. smaller areas.. indoor?.. lesser charachters..

then what is what can be discussed over and over again..

some say you cant compare the grafik.. since they got diffrent goals of there engine..

but in the end.. the gfx do little.. its not about that.. yes you wanne see nice views.. but when you really enjoy the game.. what do you look at.. you dont look really.. you are in middle of fight.. or just finished a puzzle..

alittle like stefan talked about.. the cs players.. who played cs.. no good gfx to talk about.. they dont really care about it.. why do most of the look forward to cs s?.. its not only the gfx i can tell you that..
I relize and totally understand what you are saying ( A LOT IS 2 WORDS) but some people want the game for both perpouses.(which i can't spell) But the point of the game isn't just for playing, it is a milestone for graphics(which i can spell correctly) and lighting. Never has this much detail been placed into a game. That said about Doom 3 I have the leaked HL2 and although not complete the engen (which i can't spell) and physics are so amazing. And it was leaked over 2 years ago. I mean the interaction with objects in the game is so amazing you would think your actaully in the game moving things it's just crazy. I have doom 3 and here it the minimum system reqiurements

Minimum System Requirements:
· English version of Microsoft® Windows® 2000/XP
· Pentium® 4 1.5 GHz or Athlon(tm) XP 1500+ processor
· 384MB RAM
· 8x Speed CD-ROM drive (1200KB/sec sustained transfer rate) and latest drivers
· 2.2GB of uncompressed free hard disk space (plus 400MB for Windows® swap file)
· 100% DirectX® 9.0b compatible 16-bit sound card and latest drivers
· 100% Windows® 2000/XP compatible mouse, keyboard and latest drivers
· DirectX® 9.0b (included)
· 3D hardware Accelerator Card Required - 100% DirectX® 9.0b compatible 64MB Hardware Accelerated video card and the latest drivers.
o ATI® Radeon 8500
o ATI® Radeon 9000
o ATI® Radeon 9200
o ATI® Radeon 9500
o ATI® Radeon 9600
o ATI® Radeon 9700
o ATI® Radeon 9800
o All Nvidia® GeForce 3/Ti series
o All Nvidia® GeForce 4MX series
o All Nvidia® GeForce 4/Ti series
o All Nvidia® GeForce FX series
o Nvidia® GeForce 6800 series
Multiplayer Requirements:
· Internet (TCP/IP) and LAN (TCP/IP) play supported
· Internet play requires broadband connection and latest drivers
· LAN play requires network interface card and latest drivers

Old
  (#22)
-=RAV=-AdrianShephard
Current Status: MIA

the fx series isnt good for nvidia unless u use the 5700 or older under 5700 sucks.

Spamming RB Forums Since August 2001.

Old
  (#23)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Quote:
Originally Posted by biohazerd
perpouses.(which i can't spell)
indeed

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#24)
TruB
One Eyed Freak

Default Re: Doom 3 first impressions - 06-08-2004

it lagged a lot on my comp.-..
i must say.. it felt alot like hl1.. comes to work.. a secret location where they do all kind of research. something goes wrong.. your "buddies" transforms to evil (headcrabs in hl).
you the last hope..

the story line is really good.. i played it.. bc of lagg.. i died.. realized i didnt save.. and im not sure im gone play it again..

Old
  (#25)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

how's the music ?

the music was responsible for a lot of the atmosphere in the DOOM 1 and 2 (and IMO that was around the BEST tunes ever made for a computer game )

does the new one match up with the expectations too ?

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#26)
TruB
One Eyed Freak

i had no expectiations..

the music?.. i almost never hear that.. hear one..
the sound.. i use headphones.. this is the first game i have real problem know where the sounds come from.. since i rely on it, its desturbing..

and the gun sounds.. whats up with them.. i mean.. the machinegun.. sounds like a gun you use to put up thin wood,, do the same amount of damage too it seem..

the most cool thing about it is that you can use computers.. you can look in menus and shut down things or open doors.. i like that.. one bug though.. if you shut down a comp.. some you can.. those where you save a backup file before shutting down.. easily missed.. however.. it seems like you still can operate it after it shut down..

why does it feel like i get stuck on things when i need to move..

physic engine.. heard they did it them self.. what i also heard is that it was good.. one of the better.. i can say is bette then battlefields.. but it still sucks.. i find little realism in it..

i dont like those 3rd person views when it want give some sekvense.. and the guy moves to a position i wouldnt go..

still some good stuff.. some well dont animations before something new is up.. like the large dog vs rhno thing comes.. i almost shit my pants when it came through the window.. me and my pelllet gun took it out.. after a while.. the cabinets is pretty fun.. i bet there is cheats up already.. every cabinet got a numbers.. and a pass.. so that would be easy

came pretty far.. but since awhile back.. i got bored.. the same darkness all the way.. some noise in the back.. i enter a room.. sometimes i there some things there already.. else some things will come.. the only quistions is from where..

Old
  (#27)
HangFire
Best served chilled

The music isn't like the original, it doesn't play constantly. It only plays during certain dramatic situations; ie when Mancubuses start crashing into the room. Its allright music, but not as good as the original's midis. Not as memorable anyway.

To get the code for the lockers you have to pick up PDAs and read the emails in them and listen to the audio logs. I fail to see why anyone would want to cheat in this game, its not that difficult. I'm only the 'medium' skill level and my health has hardly gone below 50.

Old
  (#28)
-=RAV=-AdrianShephard
Current Status: MIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by HangFire
The music isn't like the original, it doesn't play constantly. It only plays during certain dramatic situations; ie when Mancubuses start crashing into the room. Its allright music, but not as good as the original's midis. Not as memorable anyway.

To get the code for the lockers you have to pick up PDAs and read the emails in them and listen to the audio logs. I fail to see why anyone would want to cheat in this game, its not that difficult. I'm only the 'medium' skill level and my health has hardly gone below 50.
play it on nigtmare!

Spamming RB Forums Since August 2001.

Old
  (#29)
biohazerd87
Moderator by day Waypointer by night

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruB
it lagged a lot on my comp.-..
i must say.. it felt alot like hl1.. comes to work.. a secret location where they do all kind of research. something goes wrong.. your "buddies" transforms to evil (headcrabs in hl).
you the last hope..

the story line is really good.. i played it.. bc of lagg.. i died.. realized i didnt save.. and im not sure im gone play it again..
For the love of god, a lot is 2 words

Old
  (#30)
TruB
One Eyed Freak

hey!!..only one mistake.. well some cheat anyway.,,.. did it once.. probably do it again.. im not talking about me..

my health is almost at top.. all the time.. i play medium.. thought about going for veteran.. but then i would get mad thinking it was too darn hard so it would suck bc of that..