.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot > Waypoint Forum
Waypoint Forum A place to request waypoints for a specific map, or to check on the progress of waypoints for your favorite maps.

Saberpeak_final Waypoints
Old
  (#1)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Saberpeak_final Waypoints - 12-05-2007

I have, as promised in other threads, now posted my WIP test waypoints for saberpeak_final to prove that the map can be waypointed. However getting the allied bots to mount the boat rope is tricky ( they have to approach from behind). So the offer still stands if anybody wants to take it over. Be aware that it may need as many as 60 splines to be each tested for whether the bots can mount the boat. I know that there are problems in some corners at a minimum. Myself I will have minimal time to continue this waypoint project this summer.

.one Ringstellung to rule them all.

Re: Saberpeak_final Waypoints
Old
  (#2)
TomTom

Default Re: Saberpeak_final Waypoints - 25-05-2007

0.02 posted with Mortis' script "fixes" and I tweaked the one problem spline corner I know about. But still looking for volunteers to keep testing the bots moving the boats.

Old
  (#3)
Nova2001

What, exactly, are you looking for? By testing, do you mean "watching?"

Old
  (#4)
TomTom

Well yes playing and watching is one way but it is not very rigorous.

The one-bot testing I have been doing is a more mundane method. I join and move the boat to an area of interest. Then I spectate and add one single bot (not an engineer since they have higher priority tasks). Then I watch the bot approach the boat and climb on. As soon as the boat starts to move I hit the key with the bind to kick allbots. The bot is kicked and the boat then stops and I addbot the bot again and watch again repeating the process...

A second mundane process will be to repeat the process with an engineer bot but after kicking the bot then switch to axis, damage the boat, switch back to spectate, addbot the allied engineer bot again, watch it swim for the boat, verify that it repairs the boat so that it or another bot moves it by a minimum amount then kick allbots, damage the boat again etc etc etc.

And who said waypointing was fun?

Anyway any help will be appreciated since a failure of the bots to move or repair the boat at any particular location kills the project. You may note that the bots swim a long way round to get to the boat. This is because they don't know to approach it from behind, so the nodes and connections must induce that behavior. I think I can likely add 2 more faketois to trigger 2 shorter paths to the boat without the map crashing, and that may be the best that can be done outside of making the boat move merely when bots swim along side.

Old
  (#5)
Nova2001

Default Re: Saberpeak_final Waypoints - 18-06-2007

I'm back. I'll try to help with this when I get the time.

Old
  (#6)
TomTom

Default Re: Saberpeak_final Waypoints - 26-07-2007

0.03 posted. Added new actions for better attack defense between the two docks. A much much better play IMO.
The one problem area for the boat seems to be when leaving the first dock as the boat runs back over some of the nodes. If the boat gets disabled or stops the bots may end up in between the side of the boat and the dock. I'll try to improve this next month as time allows.

Old
  (#7)
Adder

Default Re: Saberpeak_final Waypoints - 27-07-2007

Can someone tell me why I get 'no file path' or something like that when I try to add bots when I play this map with the new waypoints? No bots load automatically like my other maps so I must be doing something wrong.

Map is saberpeak_final.pk3 and is in my etmain folder.
I dowloaded tom toms waypoints and put the whole .pk3 in my fritzbot folder but it still wont work.
Cheers for any help
Adder

Old
  (#8)
TomTom

Default Re: Saberpeak_final Waypoints - 27-07-2007

Did you remember to rename the waypoints from .zip to .pk3?
Make sure you use the 0.03 waypoints the previous versions had a shift-character typo in the bots filename

I doubled checked that my files work with sv_pure 1 and they test fine. So I suggest you use pkzip or winrar and test the integrity of both the waypoints and the map files that you have.

BTW I do find this map slows my machine so I run it with +set com_hunkmegs 128 from the command line JIC.

And if you downloaded
Fritz_ETom_WIPPak1.pk3 from filefront I would remove the old saberpeak waypoints from inside it just to be sure.

Old
  (#9)
nedd3h

Default Re: Saberpeak_final Waypoints - 26-07-2009

I've added this map to my testing list, will get back to you when I can.

Old
  (#10)
nedd3h

Default Re: Saberpeak_final Waypoints - 27-07-2009

I just had a couple of quick rounds.

After the ammo is loaded into the boat, the boat priority of both the allied and axis bots seems low. Only one allied bot tried get to the boat. It was an engie but for some reason the boat wasn't getting repaired. After I repaired it i saw an axis in the mg nest but it didn't fire at me.

cheers
nedd