.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot > Waypoint Forum
Waypoint Forum A place to request waypoints for a specific map, or to check on the progress of waypoints for your favorite maps.

my next waypointing project
Old
  (#1)
renartthefox
thefox

Cool my next waypointing project - 19-01-2006

I am going to take on MP_Refinery. If anyone is already working on this map, or is otherwise against me waypointing this map, please let me know.

-=(thef0x)=-

Re: my next waypointing project
Old
  (#2)
Denny
FritzRTCW Team Member

Default Re: my next waypointing project - 19-01-2006

Awesome, AFAIK nobody's doing it so have at it.

I've updated the map list in the wiki with you're waypoints btw.

FritzbotRTCW Official Waypointer & Beta Tester
Updated: 1/12/06

Click Here to view my current waypointing progress.

Old
  (#3)
renartthefox
thefox

Default Re: my next waypointing project - 23-01-2006

thats awesome Denny, thanks

-=(thef0x)=-

Old
  (#4)
SA_RTCW

Smile Re: my next waypointing project - 26-01-2006

Hey, is that that same mp_refinery that was created by "SA"? Well of course it must be, since its the only "mp_refinery" I could find!

In case you haven't noticed already, I was the original author of that map. I remember making it a long while ago, as a hobby thing and a way to show off my "mapping skills". Actually, they weren't very good especially the lighting of the map. I just took a shortcut and made it full-bright.

I'm just thrilled that someone has actually considered making a bot waypoint file for my map. I remember being so full of myself one time, when I found a server running another map that I made.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out. If you need any help, just let me know; I'd be glad to help out. I haven't done any waypoint files before and I haven't played RTCW in a while, but I definitely remember making that map and how I thought it should be played.

SA

Old
  (#5)
renartthefox
thefox

Warning Re: my next waypointing project - 01-02-2006

Greetings SA,

I would love to hear your ideas on how it should be played, mayhaps it would bring a completely different twist to the map. With all the double-doors opening IN instead of away, makes it interesting to map so the bots dont get stuck behind the doors.

btw ...interesting music choice for the HEADQUARTERS building.

Post your thoughts here, or you can PM me anytime. Thanks for posting!

-=(thef0x)=-

Old
  (#6)
SA_RTCW

Default Re: my next waypointing project - 01-02-2006

Oh man, I don't know what I was thinking when I threw in that "I am Canadian" song. It must have been late at night and I must have had one too many to drink.

Back to serious matters, I never noticed/considered the fact that the doors open inwards. It was completely unintentional and probably due to lack of foresight. With the mentioning of the song and the doors, I'm pondering making an update of this map to fix the doors, remove the song and maybe try some actual lighting. I don't know how far along you've gotten to working around the bad doors yet, so let me know what you think about a map update.

Of course I won't change any structural things, like the location of buildings and other objects, just the doors and perhaps the lighting. It has been a while since I last played around with RTCW mapping, so I don't know how quickly I'll be able to finish this. I know it seems like a "lot" of effort just for one little map, but since you're making it bot-friendly, I might actually play the map a few times as well.

Old
  (#7)
renartthefox
thefox

Default Re: my next waypointing project - 02-02-2006

That would simply be fantastic! I am more than willing to start over from page one to have the doors open outwardly (away from the person activating said door). The music change only needs to be if you deem it necessary. Lighting changes would also be sweet. But totally up to you!

-=(thef0x)=-

Old
  (#8)
SA_RTCW

Hmm... I seem to have run into another situation where I spoke before I thought. I forgot that in order to edit maps, you need the .map file, whereas the completed maps are in the form of a compiled .bsp file.

I've tried de-compiling my map, with limited success. This may take more time than I imagined to get everything working. Right now, you're probably better off to continue with the current map version (bad doors). I hope I haven't confused you too much with this whole situation.

Old
  (#9)
Maleficus

I understand whats going on: you lost your original .map file.

TBH: its prolly not worth trying to rebuild your old map from a decompiled version - you'll lose texturing, and will add WAY more brushes then your map originally had, because the decompile process splits the faces up into brushes much differently then you used them. This could affect the performance of your map, unless you spend the time to go thru and fix them all.

Thanks for the offer tho.

Cheers!

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#10)
renartthefox
thefox

oh that does sound to be a troublesome issue. It will be ok. I should have it ready to post up, by the time the new patch comes out, removing a couple objects in the map for me

Its all good. With the music staying put in the Commandant's Office, it will keep human players from camping in there

-=(thef0x)=-