.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Carentan map bugs
Old
  (#1)
the bindlestiff

Default Carentan map bugs - 01-12-2005

I've begun to check out the seven new maps released with Fritzbot 0.53, the first being "mp_carentan." I found three versions on the web and selected the one with the latest date: 6 May 2002 (5,016,070 bytes).

There were a lot of problems:

1. The objectives shown on the Limbo menu do not appear to be related to the map (which is a six-flag CP map).

2. Raising all six flags does not end the game, and raising a flag does not show a change in the stack of "progress" icons located in the upper left of the screen.

3. The team player "status list" shown in the upper right corner of the screen does not show the players' location but does show their health. So you can't tell if a player is at a specified objective location or not.

4. All bots, allied and enemy, are stuck in their spawn locations. One of them (allied and axis each) continually shoots at the ceiling. I verified that bot_pause was set to "0."

Have I got the wrong map or what??? I can't believe that this many obvious bugs would not have been discovered earlier.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the f0x is busily occupied in transforming his beautiful Linux box into a half-breed so we can play together using 0.53.

Cheers!

Re: Carentan map bugs
Old
  (#2)
the bindlestiff

Default Re: Carentan map bugs - 01-12-2005

Next map checked was "mp_forest", 10 Feb 2003 (2,065,919 bytes). This is a CP map.

Bugs found (when loaded from the console):

1. There are no objectives listed in the Limbo menu and no objective icon list on the screen.

2. The game does not end when all the flags have been raised.

3. The bots didn't load with the map.

BUT when loaded from the MainMenu, the objectives WERE present and the only problem was that the bots didn't load and I had to load them manually from the console.

Then I immediately tried loading the map again from the console. This time the objectives were present!! Again, the bots didn't load.

I was the only human player connected for this testing on my personal "listen" server.

Last edited by the bindlestiff; 01-12-2005 at 09:25..

Old
  (#3)
420Blunt

Try setting g_gametype to 7 for checkpoint maps.

Old
  (#4)
Sgt.slick

Quote:
. The objectives shown on the Limbo menu do not appear to be related to the map (which is a six-flag CP map).
Yeah mp_carentan is a dodgy map. The guy who created it must of just added any video or screenshots. Half-arsed!

Try mp_theguns if you havn't already, it's a decent map.

CHECK OUT MY CUSTOM Skin/Sound pack

Click Here

FJ07 in the mix

Old
  (#5)
the bindlestiff

Duhhhh!! So SIMPLE!!!! Thanks, Blunt.

All the time I thought that the gametype was set automatically (as it is from the Menu, where you select it from a list). Show you how ignorant I am! Won't make that mistake again.

That fixed the objective problems for Carentan and Forest. However, the other problems remain. The bots are totally screwed up in Carentan.

Now the GOOD news: Carnage Canyon, Crossing, X_lab, and Flooded Town seem to be working okay.

But none of the bots load automatically with the maps. If this were guaranteed to be always the case (and it isn't right now), I could exec them in the map rotation. But since the bods DO load with some maps, that would produce double numbers of bots -- not a good thing . . .

Old
  (#6)
Maleficus

You didn't forget that someone has to join for the bots to join right?

There are a lot of dodgy maps in the community that are really loved by players because they are fun, but are nightmares to deal with because of how buggy/poorly done there are.

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#7)
the bindlestiff

I thought that I was counted as a player being connected and that if another player joined, then the bots would stop loading automatically. At least that was the way it worked for me on 0.51.

What's happening now is that (running as a listen server with me as the only player) the bots load automatically on the first map of my maprotation.cfg OR will load automatically if I choose a map from the Main Menu.

For the maps following the first map in the rotation cycle the bots do not load automatically or if I load a map from the console.

What I want to happen is for the bots to load with the maps in my rotation config. I don't mind doing them manually from the console if I want just a specific map to run. But they HAVE to reliably load on the map rotations because that is how they run on a dedicated server (and mine is just about ready to start up) and HAVE to do that for any number of human players from 0 to the max allowed.

I just ran an experiment: I inserted exec...bots.cfg commands into the first two maps of my map rotation config. The number of bots did not double as I expected on the first map -- they loaded normally, as they did for the second map. BUT NOW a new problem arose -- the enemy bots did not see me at all. I could stand in front of them and fire away and they totally ignored me.

So I'm confused! Gotta leave right now to meet some friends to go bike riding. More later. . .

Old
  (#8)
420Blunt

Default Re: Carentan map bugs - 02-12-2005

Here's a link for the correct carentan map.

http://wolfmap.gameprophets.com/details.php?file_id=844

Old
  (#9)
Denny
FritzRTCW Team Member

Are you sure you even have the right carentan map because the one i did is not a Checkpoint map, it's a hybrid checkpoint/objective map (pathed to work in SW/MP mode) in which the allies must complete all objectives (one was removed because the bots would bug out on it really bad, that was the sewer lid) and the allies after that must take all checkpoint flags to win the match. The Axis win if time runs out. This is the Carentan map made by General Electric btw, not the other one (note to self, make note in wiki about that).

Sorry about that, i should have know that before release. Good to hear you got forest working right. Thanks for letting us know about this stuff.

FritzbotRTCW Official Waypointer & Beta Tester
Updated: 1/12/06

Click Here to view my current waypointing progress.

Old
  (#10)
the bindlestiff

I have installed the map using the link provided by Blunt. Thanks! I had found three other maps by that name and had chosen the one with the latest date.

The "Carentan Streets" works as a CP with all objectives listed. When run as an MP, the objectives are listed as text only - no pics of the objs. The bots are COMPLETELY non-functional for either version. They're permanently stuck in the respawn locations.

Minor FG42 bug: when first selected and fired, it cannot be reloaded unless another weapon is selected first, then if you return to the FG42, it can be reloaded. And, yes, I have the FG42 patch installed.