.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > YappA > Offtopic
Offtopic Just anything. You have time to waste ? Prove it !!!

Life Update
Old
  (#1)
von Ryan
Yeah, right.

Warning Life Update - 10-09-2006

So, now that I'm having sort of a break from my studies and MUN activities (September 7th is Independence Day here), I figured I could bother you guys with what I've been doing.

So, I think I left off when I represented the Netherlands in a MUN. In order to put you guys up to speed quickly, I've travelled to Argentina in January (Buenos Aires and Bariloche).

Then, in the easter holiday, I attended a MUN at Brasília (capital), representing Japan in the Committee of Science and Technology for Development, where we discussed sustainable energies. I must say, it was one of the best times I've had in my life. And I put out a very good academic presentation as well (as opposed to the one last year, since it was my first one and I didn't knew how things worked. I also didn't put much effort into studying properly).

Following that MUN, I had another one here in Rio in late July (this time with a group from my school that I assembled). I represented Denmark in the UN Security Council, discussing the nuclear programme of Iran. I didn't do as well as the one before, but I think it was an "alright" performance. Most of that is due to school exams, because I had to get som high grades at some subjects and had to reduce the time I studied for the MUN.

One week after that, I had my first Vestibular exam. Fortunately, I got an "A" grade, what already gives me 20/100 points in the overall grade (with "B", you would got 15; "C", 10; "D", 5; and "E" eliminated you).

Now, I've subscribed myself to another MUN in early November, and I'll represent France in the World Economic Forum. The topics are the BRIC group and alternative energy sources.

So, in a nutshell, that's it. Of course, other stuff have been happening in my personal life, but I don't want to bother you that much

von Ryan, pwning Combine Dropships since 2005

Last edited by von Ryan; 10-09-2006 at 01:09.. Reason: Spelling

Re: Life Update
Old
  (#2)
Leagle
Failed student

Default Re: Life Update - 17-09-2006

I used to do MUN.

Our school used to organise THIMUN

RESISTANCE IS use-LESS!

Brother Boot Knife of Quiet Reflection

The following errors occurred when this message was submitted:
  1. The text that you have entered is too long (492645 characters). Please shorten it to 50000 characters long.

Old
  (#3)
Exilibur
Arnfred

Default Re: Life Update - 28-09-2006

It's been a little quiet in here lately?

Thanks for the update, this mun stuff sounds fun although I'm of course inraged that you didn't do your most utterly best representing denmark... But I've moved to France anyway... All by my self... so you'll get another chance of representing my country I see. I hope you do every effort to represent France in the best way possible. Pole dancing is definately not completely out of the picture.

My personal update would pretty much consist of my now living in France instead of Denmark. I live in Toulouse to be precise, which is a nice town, close to the mountains fortunately. I'm probably not gonna stay here forever since I plan on moving to aspen in a year, but what do I know...

So right now I'm doing a great job representing myself... which is my main priority btw.

A greyscale with just one color? Heaven must surely be a dull place.
This calls for an extraordinary mix of psychology and extreme violence!

Old
  (#4)
von Ryan
Yeah, right.

Default Re: Life Update - 30-09-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leagle View Post
I used to do MUN.

Our school used to organise THIMUN
Yeah, I wanted to go to THIMUN, but I couldn't get enough people. Or money.
But anyway, I'll be going to college next year, so I can expect a good 5 years of AMUN (Americas Model United Nations) to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exilibur View Post
Thanks for the update, this mun stuff sounds fun although I'm of course inraged that you didn't do your most utterly best representing denmark... But I've moved to France anyway... All by my self... so you'll get another chance of representing my country I see. I hope you do every effort to represent France in the best way possible. Pole dancing is definately not completely out of the picture.
I'll keep that in mind. France shall 0\/\/|\| teh World Economic Forum.

Old
  (#5)
von Ryan
Yeah, right.

Default Re: Life Update - 17-12-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by von Ryan View Post
I'll keep that in mind. France shall 0\/\/|\| teh World Economic Forum.
UPDATE:
France pwned teh World Economic Forum

I even got a round of applause by 300+ people in the closing cerimony