.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Common Questions
Common Questions Are you seeking help ? Get it here !

in detail : what does some cvar of podbot mean ?
Old
  (#1)
chelseafc0512

Default in detail : what does some cvar of podbot mean ? - 16-02-2011

1. in csdm mode , i disable the weapon stay ,so bots can't pick up weapon ,
to save the cpu usage by bot and also increase performance
,i want to disable pick up weapon mode .to do this , i have to set pb_maxweaponpickup to 0 ? this means bots don't check weapon around it ?
2. in detail , what is pb_timer_pickup means ? it is the time bots check items around it, but what does "items" here means ?
it only includes weapon or it includes another item such as bomb, hostage.. ?
could u please tell me more detail ?
(because bots can't pick up weapon ,so if "items" here only is weapon , i want to increase it max to save cpu usage)
3. pb_dangerfactor ,: i want to disable this function (or set it lowest if it can't be disabled) ,i should set it to 0 ? or any value ?

Re: in detail : what does some cvar of podbot mean ?
Old
  (#2)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: in detail : what does some cvar of podbot mean ? - 16-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelseafc0512 View Post
1. in csdm mode , i disable the weapon stay ,so bots can't pick up weapon ,
to save the cpu usage by bot and also increase performance
,i want to disable pick up weapon mode .to do this , i have to set pb_maxweaponpickup to 0 ? this means bots don't check weapon around it ?
Yes and yes.
Quote:
2. in detail , what is pb_timer_pickup means ? it is the time bots check items around it, but what does "items" here means ?
If You put this cvar to 1, the bot will check all items around (including hostages, bomb, weapons) every 1 second. If You put this to 2, the bot will check all items around every 2 seconds. Between 2 scanning times the bot will ignore all items around (he doesn't see any new item). If You put it to 0, the bot will check items around every "his" frame (I mean if the bot joined the server on the 3'd slot, the first and the second frame the bot is not checking items around, it is doing that on the third frame, next frames until mp_maxplayers frame number it doesn't check items around again).

Quote:
3. pb_dangerfactor ,: i want to disable this function (or set it lowest if it can't be disabled) ,i should set it to 0 ? or any value ?
Bots remember places where they have got a hurt (more damage near the waypoint - higher value of "danger" to this WP and some part of it to WPs connected to it is added). Then - when the bot is looking for the path from WP A to WP B it is trying to use the optimal way. Bots more aggressive and also with higher health are trying to find the shortest way (they check only 3D distance between WP A and WP B). Normal bots with balanced fear and aggression are trying to find the best way calculating the 3D distance between waypoints, but also they are taking in account the "danger" of the path (it's like 4'th dimension in the calculating the length of the path - all "dangers" from all WPs of the calculated path are added together - it makes some "danger" distance). The "danger value is multiplyied by pb_dangerfactor value. Higher value means all "dangers" saved by the bot as the experience of all damages get by the bot will affect more that 4'th dimension distance - the bot needs to use more calculations to find safest way. The most scaried bots are checking only the safest path (no matter about the 3D distance between WP A and WP B). I hope that explanation clearly says what pb_dangerfactor does and what is it for.

Re: in detail : what is some cvar of podbot means ?
Old
  (#3)
chelseafc0512

Default Re: in detail : what is some cvar of podbot means ? - 16-02-2011

thank you for very detailed answer ,and i also ask for sure :d
about pb_dangerfactor : to save the cpu usage by bot (and also increase performance: i should set it to 0 (in case i do not care about danger)?

Old
  (#4)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: in detail : what is some cvar of podbot means ? - 17-02-2011

Yes - if You set it to 0, the bot makes less calculations to find the path - thus lower CPU usage.
BTW - What is Your server's hardware? Why You are trying to switch-off all podbot mm functinalities to get a better performance? Hint - don't try to use fps_max on the server higher than 100. It's useless and that makes higher CPU usage.

Old
  (#5)
chelseafc0512

Default Re: in detail : what is some cvar of podbot means ? - 17-02-2011

thank u for hint
the reason i want to disable some cvars ,because i think some useless in deathmatch mode , i just want to try if it will be better,thus , i want to know more about these cvars
in some maps ,which have many floors and open large area ,such as cs_1338_assault , many bots see each others causes fps drops to 3x-4x , in other maps fps always =60 ,it works fine