.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Forge of Digital Worlds > Waypointing > Other Bots
Other Bots Waypoints, nodes, navmeshes for all the other bots

[Release]MarD's CSSBot NavMesh Pack 1
Old
  (#1)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Default [Release]MarD's CSSBot NavMesh Pack 1 - 28-04-2007

Heyyo,

http://filebase.bots-united.com/inde...on=file&id=439

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarD's Readme For CSS NavMesh Pack 1.txt
Heyyo,

I made these waypoints for the fun of it all. Now remember, these levels weren't designed for bot usage in mind.

These maps weren't a request or anything, just me enjoying CSS, and CSS bots so I thought I'd modify the nav
meshes to be a little better than just generated ones.

Just extract it into your "$moddir\counter-strike source\cstrike\maps" folder and pwn.

===========================
Mappack Revision 1.1 Info
de_wanda - I noticed some bad errors on the upstairs of BombsiteA, so I made it less likely for bots to leap down to certain death. I also added more navmeshes to other scaffolding to help out bots if they randomly leap off it onto other ones even though I have it set to nav_no_jump at those spots.

Mappack Revision 1.0 Info

de_contra - I fixed a couple nav errors and added a few paths the generator missed for boxes, and also put some
names for the parts of the map. I also really fixed up the sewers navmeshes with custom sized ones.

de_cpl_fire - This map had screwed up navmeshes, probably from an older version of the map, so I re-generated the navmesh, re-created the areas, but renamed SideAlley to BackAlley since it's right next to BackHall. I also added custom navmeshes to the crates at BombsiteB that wouldn't generate, and removed a few bad generated navmeshes around TSpawn and merged another load of navmeshes, norm and jump ones to lower filesize and cpu usage.

de_cpl_mill - Oh boy.. this one needed some work. The ladders for sewers had to be redone so that they didn't suck, and the vents in basement, and the two at TSpawn needed custom navmeshes. I also merged a crapload of navmeshes in the sewers and the boxes at courtyard needed to be navmeshed, and setup bridge so that bots can jump down to bottom from bridge. I also merged a lot of staircases to help with cpu usage.

de_nightfever - NICE! this one was navmeshed quite well, kudos to the guy who did it for the map download. I just did some navmesh merging and fixed up some couches needing jumps and cut back the navmesh under the stairs a bit, and removed some navmeshes at dumpster cause I didn't see any and they were in the air, lol.. maybe older build of the map?

de_rotterdam - This map's a classic from old skool pre-steam days of CS. Was actually Part of an official mappack. Anywho, I did the norm of merging a lot of navmeshes, adding PlaceID's, and making doors a little easier to navigate for bots. I also tried to fix up some ladders.

de_russka - I had to add a bunch of crate spots that the nav generator wouldn't pickup, and I also tagged the
level with place ID's and merged a lot of navmeshes to lower cpu usage and filesize on the map.. spent a few
good hours on this map alone.. added custom PlaceID's too.

de_strike_rc4 - This one had a bit of missing navmeshes. The ladder by window and the walkway and box near it, the boxes at BombsiteA, and some boxes at BombsiteB, boxes near TSpawn, a connection between navmeshes on top walkway of middle and on bottom of middle through the fence.. the roof of building and boxes near TSpawn... I think that's it.. oh, fixed up appartments a bit too, and merged some navmeshes to make it more cpu friendly.

de_wanda - This maps navmesh autogen was lacking a lot. I added a lot of ladders, upper areas of the maps, roofs, and middle bridge. I had to create some custom navmeshes for the inside. I also needed

de_westwood_s - I had to add nav meshes for parts of the roof it missed and the tightrope-walk parts, and I also
added some place ID's to make it a little easier to figure out where the enemies are. I also fixed up the window
jumping parts a bit.. now the name's aren't 100% accurate, but hey, I worked with the place ID's I had.

Later-a-much, and LONG LIVE THE D!
ę ThE_MarŠ
If anyone spots probs with the NavMesh's or have better ideas for PlaceID names on some of the maps feel free to post it up and I'll start working on a Revision2.0 if needed!

Song for this release?

Bruce Springsteen - Cadillac Ranch

Classic, and I wish I could get that brassy jazz tone that Big Man can get.. I can get the notes, just not that badass sound..

Later-a-much, and LONG LIVE THE D!,
(Link>>>MarD's Moddin' Site<<<Link) MarD

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Last edited by MarD; 01-05-2007 at 02:39..

Re: [Release]MarD's CSSBot NavMesh Pack 1
Old
  (#2)
person135

Default Re: [Release]MarD's CSSBot NavMesh Pack 1 - 01-05-2007

the download link doesn't work

Old
  (#3)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Heyyo,
Quote:
Originally Posted by person135 View Post
the download link doesn't work
Wierdness.. meh, I fixed up de_wanda a bit anywho, lol, so Revision 1.1 is up!

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Old
  (#4)
jeefo
путинхуйлоебаное

Nice, thanks, playing with bots in CS:S last time, since no good servers and/or servers with cheaters

Old
  (#5)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Heyyo,

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeefo View Post
Nice, thanks, playing with bots in CS:S last time, since no good servers and/or servers with cheaters
Lol, true.. now if only the Source SDK didn't suck for third party fakeclients eh? YAPB Source!? ORLY!?

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Old
  (#6)
jeefo
путинхуйлоебаное

hehehe

More likely POD-Bot: Source, sounds good SourceSDK maintainer seems todo something on bot support, but no idea what/when

CSS-Server, most servers are with bots/no players at all, in case i find "good" server, there are cheating-mess... oh...

Bots & BU - forever!

Old
  (#7)
CoCoNUT

Default Re: [Release]MarD's CSSBot NavMesh Pack 1 - 02-05-2007

Exactly jeefo bots or private with friends are still the best ways to play cs with these cheaters all around. Atm I have CS1.5 installed again *lol* -my good old HL1 -no steam and 99 fps on my old crappy laptop.

For maps, nav-files, waypoints and more visit: http://coconut.de.tc

Last edited by CoCoNUT; 02-05-2007 at 10:04..