.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

another new rtcw bot
Old
  (#1)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Default another new rtcw bot - 28-06-2004

There seems to be another RTCW bot in the making...
http://rtcw.filefront.com/file.info?ID=24977
it was just for the info

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Re: another new rtcw bot
Old
  (#2)
Maleficus

Default Re: another new rtcw bot - 28-06-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre-Marie Baty
There seems to be another RTCW bot in the making...
http://rtcw.filefront.com/file.info?ID=24977
it was just for the info
Thats NOT for the game RTCW. Its for its offshoot Enemy Territory.

Enemy Territory is built off the RTCW engine and basic design, but is very different. Its also 100% free to download and play!

To clarify - its NOT a mod for RTCW or a part of RTCW, it (being ET - ENEMY TERRITORY) was created by Splash Damage for Activision, and was going to be a full retail game that would go along with the RTCW gameplay and story. It was supposed to have a single player game that featured bots taking the role of teammates fighting along side the main character. Official multiplayer bots were also supposed to be included.

It was killed for reasons unknown (the speculation is that the A.I. sucked, and they didn't want to bother with it anymore). The multiplayer part of the game was pretty much done tho (with no bots however!), so in a gesture of goodwill, they just released what they had - Enemy Territory, A.K.A. ET. ET is strict multiplayer and only has 6 maps in it. The mapping/modding community is pretty strong tho, because its 100% free.

If you've never tried it, I recommend you do - it will only cost you the time it takes to download it!

AFAIK, there are 3 ET bots in the works. The one you pointed out is one of them. I can't recall the names of the others, but I've read about them here and there.

Right now, Fritz and the Ubersoldat mod are the only active bot mods for RTCW, AFAIK.

Dum Spiro Spero

Last edited by Maleficus; 30-06-2004 at 09:54..

Old
  (#3)
Minh-Lo-Hwang

Default Re: another new rtcw bot - 24-07-2004

and the wolfbot
www.planetwolfenstein.com/wolfbot

Old
  (#4)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Default Re: another new rtcw bot - 03-09-2004

Heyyo,

I thought they stopped developping wolfbot??? err... yeah, their last news update was 02.11.2003......

Later-a-much, and LONG LIVE THE D!,
(Link>>>MarD's Moddin' Site<<<Link) MarD

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Old
  (#5)
Maleficus

Default Re: another new rtcw bot - 04-09-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarD
Heyyo,

I thought they stopped developping wolfbot??? err... yeah, their last news update was 02.11.2003......
Your right - they did: Wolfbot is a dead mod.

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#6)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Default Re: another new rtcw bot - 07-09-2004

Heyyo,

Yeah, wolfbot came, n' then dissapeared not long later... But at least there's Fritzbot to replace it.

Fritzbot's like PODbot v2.6mm, and wolfbot's PODbot v2.5.. You can feel the improvements on the newer bots.

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Old
  (#7)
Cheeseh
[rcbot]

Default Re: another new rtcw bot - 07-09-2004

argh that site is evil and is full of dialer pop-ups!

Old
  (#8)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Default Re: another new rtcw bot - 13-01-2005

Heyyo,

I downloaded ET, and the 1.02 patch and gave bobot a go... bobot got pwned by fritzbot.

ET is INCREDIBLE. The teamplay is rediculous guys! I mean, people actually WORK as a team, this's what CS used to be!

I was a medic, so I constantly layed down medipacks around fellow allied troops as we held down the bridge that led into a ruined town, while leutenants called in for airstrikes and layed down some ammo packs, and rocketteers nuked the crap outta an advancing enemy tank... wow... too bad bobot doesn't represent this.

A few upsides though is they tended to defend some proper spots, but they never used the machinegun entrenchments to totally nuke the enemy team which made it pretty easy to storm them most of the time by grenades (yeah, they don't run away from nades..).

I binded keys to the bobot menu buttons (wich were all in french), and ingame? nothing. I also then tried the addbot command, adds a random bot to a random team, but diddn't make their class random, or their username, or difficulty. So they all spawned as bobot, with 100% accuracy, and as engineers... the bot tended to try and climb hills that were impossible forever (probably just bad waypointing, but since the waypoint menu diddn't work and no console commands for it either, I couldn't do anything aboot it..), and the bots tended to not aim at what they wanted to build and diddn't build what they wanted to most of the time, and they wandered around randomly and died a lot... so yeah, now that I'm used to the bot standard that is Fritzbot... I think I'll leave ET for online play, and stick with RTCW for my botfix.

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Old
  (#9)
Gatekeeper

Default Re: another new rtcw bot - 14-01-2005

"/addbot <team> <class> <name> <skill 0-5>" is how you're supposed to add the bobots properly. Also, make sure you have the latest version, which is the .02 beta (not the 1.03 alpha). If you install it correctly your menu options shouldn't be in French (except, for some unfathomable reason, VIEW is changed to HUD).

Here is the latest version: http://returntocastlewolfenstein.fil...e/Bobots;31155

Also, make note that there are NO active bot mods currently for ET. So, I've come to troll these forums, waiting for the day that Fritz is ported to ET. Of course, you guys don't mind.

Last edited by Gatekeeper; 14-01-2005 at 17:02..

Old
  (#10)
Maleficus

Default Re: another new rtcw bot - 14-01-2005

Mard: I have Bobots too, and they do have some odd issues, but they are a good start. ET is even more complex than RtCW, so you have to give them credit for being the first to create an ET bot. And some of the totally bizarre stuff the bots do just cracks me up sometimes!

Gatekeeper: There are also no other active bot mods for RtCW either. I checked the UberSoldat website recently, and it seems the coder has moved on to another game/mod project.

And I heard about the Bobot team losing one of its programmers and basically stopping production.

Other than a bot that is supposedly in the works for the ETF mod, it would seem Fritz is the only Wolfenstein based game bot left.

Fritz will probably be ported someday to ET (not until its done for RtCW tho), but in the mean time - have you tried it for RtCW? All constructive comments and suggestions are welcome!

And the new version should be in your hands around the end of Jan. or so (maybe the first week of Feb.).

Cheers!

btw: IIRC, someone told me that the 1.03 version of Bobots has problems running in Windows XP/2000. I've run it in WinME just fine, but in XP, nothing works (the menu, etc).

Dum Spiro Spero