.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot > Waypoint Forum
Waypoint Forum A place to request waypoints for a specific map, or to check on the progress of waypoints for your favorite maps.

Breakout2 Waypoints
Old
  (#1)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Post Breakout2 Waypoints - 18-10-2008

2Bit is still at it making great ET maps. His latest release is a sequel to his Breakout (3.71) map (the one where allies move a tank under then onto the train tracks). (Not to be confused with the Normandy breakout map by Menzel and converted to ET by Ifurita, the one that enigma1 provided waypoints for.)
This time 2Bit has teamed up with Avoc to create a larger vista map complete with moving trains, birds and other great animations. Check it out!

I have thrown together a first waypoint for play testing. There are still lots of routes to add and balance tests before I am done. The barrier by the Allied CP is a problem for bots so feel free to help the Allies there too. The Aiscript is near to bursting the limits already and you must have the keyword_fix beta installed (0.70c) to run these waypoints. For now I suggest you help the Allies move the tank to the final tunnel.
All feedback welcome.

.one Ringstellung to rule them all.

Re: Breakout2 Waypoints
Old
  (#2)
TomTom

Default Re: Breakout2 Waypoints - 09-11-2008

Just a warning. The waypoints above are for breakout2_120.pk3 ONLY. The newest version 130 is not supported as yet. BUT BE WARNED like with the variantions of glider, breakout2 variations all use the same bsp filename. Because the bsp names are not unique FritzBot ET will load even if ET opens the other version of these maps. Just having both copies in etmain means 1.3.0 will load instead of 1.2.0. And if the waypoints and the map version don't match FritzBot ET may crash.

Old
  (#3)
TomTom

Default Re: Breakout2 Waypoints - 18-11-2008

OK first waypoints (0.31) for version breakout2 1.3.0 are posted. Remove any older waypoints for breakout2, and older versions of the map (map must be breakout2_130.pk3). Place newest waypoints in /fritzbot (rename .zip as .pk3).

Old
  (#4)
TomTom

Default Re: Breakout2 Waypoints - 22-11-2008

,A few changes, mostly around the mine tunnel barrier to make it harder to exploit, are in 0.32, now posted.

Old
  (#5)
TomTom

Default Re: Breakout2 Waypoints - 11-02-2009

Breakout2 Version 1.4.0 now supported with 0.43 version of waypoints. Remember you must remove older waypoints and map versions to avoid problems. This waypoint should override the 1.3.0 version inside the WIP pack2 I posted to filefront but to be safe, that should be verified.

FYI 1.4.0 mostly just changes the exits from the initial axis spawns

Old
  (#6)
enigma1

Default Re: Breakout2 Waypoints - 13-02-2009

Hey Tom, I played the map few times and when I was on the axis side I noticed the bots end up with no objectives at some point. It happened just before the tank exited the first tunnel. Only the engineers were moving when that happened (tank was damaged at the time). I haven't checked the scripts to see what triggered this.

Old
  (#7)
TomTom

Default Re: Breakout2 Waypoints - 13-02-2009

Thanks Yah I think I know what it may be. Action group 8 (footbridge defense) was only enabled if the footbridge was blown when the tank arrived. And I assumed the tank would get to the next spline "past the bridge" within 10 seconds if the bridge was not blown. If it doesn't get to that next spline and the tank is damaged then the team that has the flag may not have goals for all classes.
So the simplest fix is to unconditionally activateAction_group 8 in action 46 test block (i.e. leaving the tunnel test). It should have only a slight effect (like; Allies less aggressive moving the tank between s102 and s103 splines) and the group will still be deactivated at the next spline (in action 52 test block). I'll update the aiscript and run some unattended tests next week before posting 0.44.

Old
  (#8)
TomTom

Default Re: Breakout2 Waypoints - 24-03-2009

If you are waiting for 0.44, I am sorry but I worked on it making the above change and a few other small changes. Everything was going fine then a few more changes and ET crashed. I tried various things backtracking but ET kept crashing. I even went back to the previous waypoints and they started crashing. So it seems something else I did on my computer must be interacting with my running this map+waypoints.

Anyway thought you should know jic. Been too busy the last few weeks so I hope to have a day to try again around Easter.

Old
  (#9)
TomTom

Default Re: Breakout2 Waypoints - 07-04-2009

Ok 0.44 is now posted.
Changes:
I fixed the no goals case and no waypoint errors are reported to the console or in Hobbit's editor. I also fixed 2 typos that had kept two mobilemg42 camps inactive. I stopped the Axis defusing dyno at the road barrier construction, and limit the Allied engineer to only dyno this barrier while the tank is going through the tunnel. I fixed the flag action so it is active longer but no longer for field ops (they may still react to the node's node_flag). This frees up the Allied Fieldop to move the tank, aircan the mine barrier etc. Also I added an isolated path from a couple of initial allied spawn pads to force a bot or two to a point behind the tank initially, and/or to follow it into the rail tunnel rather than take the road tunnel. Hopefully this moves the tank to the footbridge faster.
- - -
Please note: I did experience a couple of Max_game_char errors after adding about 3 more bots. The Map may have a leak affecting temporary entities. In FritBot 0.70c and in Omni-bot 0.71 /entitylist shows large jumps in the numbering of the tempentities. The number of tempentities listed is small but with each taking an index of 40-110 greater than the previous, it is possible that the highest entity number will exceed 1024 even though there is plenty of space for temp entities.

Old
  (#10)
nedd3h

Default Re: Breakout2 Waypoints - 16-09-2009

I just had a couple of games on this map. We didn't look at anything specific, just an initial playtest. We found when both games first started the tank was left behind. It was moved forward after about a minute. Other than that it flowed quite well with no obvious issues.

A map bug was found. At Allied initial spawn if you head left and enter a tunnel you will get to a barricade that gives you a 'fist' icon which means low-damage-destroyable. I saw a BOT run to this barricade then turn around back to spawn. It couldn't be destroyed. We tried bullets, knives, grenades, satchels, dynos and artie.

This is an excellent map, very well done and looks great. I'll post back some more feedback next few days after some more games.