.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > RealBot > Help request
Help request Need help? Ask around here! (for questions about the source code, go to the RealBot 'Source')

Re: I dunno what I am doing wrong here...
Old
  (#11)
archer

Default Re: I dunno what I am doing wrong here... - 15-09-2004

OK.... Some reason my initial set up had bots going from map to map...sometimes it worked sometimes it didnt.
I looked but didnt find the exec.cfg file. So I created one and put the admin_bot_protection 1 line in there. That definitely didnt solve any problems with the bots going from map to map. So I changed things back to the way I had originally set up. Thanks for the suggestion though, perhaps I am still doing something wrong, I am not sure, still testing what I had before out to see how long it keeps working.

As far as the bots. I tend to notice that the T's are more eager to explore to different nodes. The CT's however are lazy bumms that tend to stand around at their spawn waiting for the T's to find them. They do move around, but not very far. I tried using the ingame GO GO GO, and the FOLLOW ME radio commands, but they dont seem to listen. Dont know if they understand or just giving me the big FU.

Sorry if I'm being a pain with all this but I just want to get this down pat so I can go about blowing stuff up LOL

~Archer~

Old
  (#12)
dstruct2k

Archer, any command for a metamod plugin CANNOT be in server.cfg... Metamod isn't loaded yet when server.cfg is read, which is why exec.cfg was created.

As for T's doing stuff and CT's not... Are you on T? Bots learn from humans. Make sure you make 1 path from T spawn to CT spawn that goes in both directions by running from T to CT when you are a T, then from CT to T as a CT.

Try reordering the plugins in metamod though... Put RealBot at the top.

Old
  (#13)
archer

Ok I rearranged my plugins.ini file to
____

Win32 ../realbot/dll/realbot_mm.dll Realbot
Win32 addons/adminmod/dlls/admin_MM.dll
____

I removed admin_bot_protection from the server.cfg.

Created a file called exec.cfg and put it in the same folder as my plugins.ini file.

location C:\HLServer\cstrike\addons\metamod

+localinfo <field> <value>
so the setup would be <+localinfo mm_execcfg exec.cfg>?

and that would be placed within the target of the HLDS shortcut?

As far as my question about the CT's just standing there, I am on the CT team and I am out doing all the running around while they hang around the spawn point and wait for the T's. The terrorists seem to continually want to follow the same path over and over again to the CT spawn in certain maps.

I have done as suggested and get a couple real players in the map and just run around and around in certain maps, but still the same thing. I am about to uninstall everything and start over. I have got to be missing something simple.

The last hour I've had 5 bots loaded, within 2 map changes I've lost 2 bots. Not sure if that is map related or something to do with the "admin_bot_protection 1" problem I am dealing with.

Please advise.

~Archer ~

Old
  (#14)
dstruct2k

Default Re: I dunno what I am doing wrong here... - 16-09-2004

Quote:
+localinfo <field> <value>
so the setup would be <+localinfo mm_execcfg exec.cfg>?

and that would be placed within the target of the HLDS shortcut?
None of that is needed. exec.cfg is read automatically.

As for "losing" bots, that's most likely idle-kicking. I had that problem before too. Just turn off AFK kicking for now.

Old
  (#15)
Ry Spy

Don't worry Archer, you're not the only one experiencing this problem, but I'm sure either Stefan or evy is up to making another WIP to remedy the problem.

Ry Spy

Old
  (#16)
archer

I loaded up a server with 10 bots. Turned off the AFK kick from the HLDS console and went to bed... woke up 5 hours later and I see this message which I saw a couple times before but now sure what it means.

SZ_GetSpace: Overflow on netchan->message

...and still losing bots over time. This time I've only lost 5 in 5 hours

I've gone to two other servers that use the Realbot build 3005. Is that one more reliable than the latest and greatest builds?

Terrorisit bots are kickass, the CT's .... well they like to hang around spawn point on maps like de_dust2 and a couple others they seem to like to run around and do their thing. /shrug

Old
  (#17)
dstruct2k

SZ_GetSpace errors? We crushed those a looong time ago.

Backup your DLL and try this one.
Attached Files
File Type: zip realbot_mm.zip (150.6 KB, 67 views)

Old
  (#18)
archer

Default Re: I dunno what I am doing wrong here... - 17-09-2004

ok installed that realbot_mm.dll and running versoin 3059 now. Will give it a go and see what happens. Bots running now... thx for the help dstruct2k.

~Archer~

Old
  (#19)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: I dunno what I am doing wrong here... - 17-09-2004

This SZ_GetSpace: Overflow on netchan->message You can experience when too many messages are generated in some permissible time. Many times this error is generated with some motd at client_connect (some welcome messages). Maybe try to do shorter this motd file. If You have some plugin in adminmod controlling antiflood protection, try to disable it or change the settings for it and look if this problem still happen at Your server. But maybe first test You need to do it's this - disable adminmod (only Your favourite bot loaded) and see if the problem still exists. You can also try to disable botchatting (if this bot has something like this).

Old
  (#20)
Ry Spy

Default Re: I dunno what I am doing wrong here... - 18-09-2004

Funny, I don't seem to experience the problem "This SZ_GetSpace: Overflow on netchan->message" ???

Ry Spy