.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > YappA > The Agora
The Agora This is the place to go if you have suggestions, or if you want to participate in Council discussions. Everyone is welcome!

Re: Warning/banning procedure
Old
  (#21)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Default Re: Warning/banning procedure - 02-01-2005

yes, I agree 100% with all that KWo said.

In my opinion he's so f*ckin' right, and I want honestly to apologize for being quick to hit the warn button. In my opinion there's one main cause, it's the (3)COLORS phenomenon.

Bots United has not always been like that. In the beginning, everything was fine and everybody was patient and very tolerant, because we had mature members, people could understand things and carefully avoid disputes especially those emerging for little or no reason. We were a very friendly community. I hope, and I think, that it's still the case, but one thing is clear, (3)COLORS fucked up the whole forum ambience for good. This kid personally got on my nerves. Tossing shit around, being warned, then banned, then coming back, being banned again, coming back, ban, back, ban, back, an insane number of times ! Really, I admit, at some point I was suspicious against every new member and tried to carefully check whether it would not be a disguised (3)COLORS. I may have been rude in the start for some. Yes, that fucker really went on my nerves, and it would not surprise me that other mods sometimes feel a little suspicion towards every new member too. Which is obviously not a very sane behaviour.

Luckily this story is over. Yet I'm pretty certain this kid registered again, but either he's shutting his trap up, or he's grown more mature and isn't posting the same bullshit anymore, which is fine for me in both cases. He can stay, as long as he stops fucking around.

And yes, KWo, you're right, people - and me in the first place - need to learn patience everyday.

I suggest we soften our rules, anyway. The politics one can be softened, as people are mature enough I think. We can just say that political discussions are a touchy matter, and encourage people to be extremely cautious with these issues when they want to take part in one. But I don't think we should restrict subjects like that. Expression is free. As for the rest, I believe it still fits together, but as KWo says, we should start informing people that they're talking about warez when they do so and pointing them to the rules before freaking out on them.

Very good discussion guys.

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."