.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > YappA > The Agora
The Agora This is the place to go if you have suggestions, or if you want to participate in Council discussions. Everyone is welcome!

Spamming
Old
  (#1)
@$3.1415rin
Council Member, Author of JoeBOT

Default Spamming - 12-12-2004

well, I admit, i'm getting a bit pissed off. I see this since some weeks, and it's not because I started the thread i'm now reffering to, but it's a good example. This isnt against those people having answered in that thread, it's rather about the general behaviour

i'm talking about http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=3179
why cant everyone just stay on topic ? we have other parts of the forum to talk shit. talk about tanks, whatever. but her it's e.g. just not of interest if some website is updated or not, it's about bot aiming. I mean, a post where someone points out that someone else has found a better aiming algorithms and it turns out that this is also based on the one from JoeBOT, well, that's ok, you cannot know everyones code.

This is just as an example. there isnt the need to post useless stuff, it doesnt increase your 'ewang' as nova once had written in his signature. so people, please think a bit more before posting, thx.

Re: Spamming
Old
  (#2)
TruB
One Eyed Freak

Default Re: Spamming - 12-12-2004

I havent read the thread.. but in some cases changing direction of a thread isnt that bad.. in most cases it has been done discussed and it have take a direction that isnt too far away from the original thread..

teaching others however doesnt work.. it will alot of people to teach and all may not wanne be teached..

so what can WE do? having some moral (spell check) police coming and bashing people for not staying on topic isnt fun either..

Have been quoted [6] times

Old
  (#3)
Exilibur
Arnfred

Can't really follow you, aspirin. First of all I don't really think changing the subject equals spam, and secondly I can't really see any problems with people changing the subject in the thread you linked to.

As I see it, people might not know exactly what answer you are looking, but if the post something that is slightly relevant to the topic, somebody else who might click on the topic could find it interesting. Even if they didn't answer your question.

Now if somebody in the thread had wrote something completely off key, like a personal conversation or saying that it was their post number 100 (that annoys me) or something similar, then I would agree with you. But i don't really find the posts in the threat that useless.

While i sometimes feel that there is some spam going on in offtopic,

A greyscale with just one color? Heaven must surely be a dull place.
This calls for an extraordinary mix of psychology and extreme violence!

Old
  (#4)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

I'm surprised too... I don't find anything really useless and/or pointless or offtopic in the thread you mentioned. Can you be more precise ?

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#5)
@$3.1415rin

well, it's more a general thing, not only restricted to that specific thread. I don't think that the actuality of some file somewhere has anything to do with bot aiming, especially if that very piece of code some reply was referring to hasnt changed from that 'old' version to a newer.

As I said, it's more general. There are a lot of threads just going anywhere where it might have been handy to just start a new thread and thus keep topics more clean and make it more usable as a reference. botman's forum e.g., there wasnt that much of topic changes inside one topic, at least in the bot dev forum.

just wanted to remind ppl that you should think before you post

Old
  (#6)
TruB
One Eyed Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by @$3.1415rin
just wanted to remind ppl that you should think before you post
very true.. thats because i post mostly post in offtopic so i dont have to think.. 9_9

Have been quoted [6] times

Old
  (#7)
Rick
Council Member

I agree that sometimes some people are "spamming" here, just look at this thread: http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=3069

Old
  (#8)
Huntkillaz

geez @$3.1415rin i was just trying to tell u that the src code u got from my site is about 2-3 builds old, reinforcing what kwo said about getting the latest src if u like.

●_•

Old
  (#9)
biohazerd87
Moderator by day Waypointer by night

Quote:
Originally Posted by @$3.1415rin
well, I admit, i'm getting a bit pissed off. I see this since some weeks, and it's not because I started the thread i'm now reffering to, but it's a good example. This isnt against those people having answered in that thread, it's rather about the general behaviour

i'm talking about http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=3179
why cant everyone just stay on topic ? we have other parts of the forum to talk shit. talk about tanks, whatever. but her it's e.g. just not of interest if some website is updated or not, it's about bot aiming. I mean, a post where someone points out that someone else has found a better aiming algorithms and it turns out that this is also based on the one from JoeBOT, well, that's ok, you cannot know everyones code.

This is just as an example. there isnt the need to post useless stuff, it doesnt increase your 'ewang' as nova once had written in his signature. so people, please think a bit more before posting, thx.
i know exactly what you mean... i really hate it when i ask someone spacifically on what there opinion on something is... and i even use their name and everyone wants to put a word in as if there names are the one i specified... it is really annoying... IMO we should have a Sticky Thread somewhere that is just Spam... where if you have somthing to say go there and say it... if you can't help or follow directions don't post... i will admit i have done it before but not that much

Old
  (#10)
@$3.1415rin

Default Re: Spamming - 13-12-2004

to have another example : this thread : http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=2969

on top there are a few big words, and noone cares