.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Bug Reports
Bug Reports Post any bug you experience with the latest release of this bot here

Bad alteration of player_weaponstrip entities
Old
  (#1)
Teyut

Default Bad alteration of player_weaponstrip entities - 18-12-2006

Hi,

It seems like* POD-Bot always changes the targetname (and target) property of every player_weaponstrip entities on a map to the value "fake". Some maps on my servers rely on this property value to work correctly (awp_jump, fun_ALLinONE, some fy_*, etc.). Since this property is expected to be set on such entities (according to the VERC), the way PB is altering it is clearly a bug for me.

Can you fix that, or otherwise, explain me why it's not a bug please ?

* to say that, I've tested the above maps with and without PB, and compared the entities that were present in both cases (and their properties).

Re: Bad alteration of player_weaponstrip entities
Old
  (#2)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Bad alteration of player_weaponstrip entities - 18-12-2006

It's not a bug - it's a fix against VALVE bug causing crash of bots playing on maps with such entities (for example all scoutzknivez maps).
I don't like the method of changing entity properties, but since we didn't find any better solution to workaround that bug (it was working correctly with CS1.5 but crashes with CS1.6/CZERO), we had to do this so. Sorry for inconveniance. I can ask strelomet to look at this again.

Old
  (#3)
jeefo
путинхуйлоебаное

well, since this bug is appears only on scoutknivzes we can put a filter to activate it only on that map, i have no any idea...

(i'll try to find any better solution)

Old
  (#4)
Teyut

Thanks for the explanations

Quote:
Originally Posted by strelomet View Post
well, since this bug is appears only on scoutknivzes we can put a filter to activate it only on that map, i have no any idea...
Did you try that bug with the other maps I've listed bellow (awp_jump & fun_ALLinOne at least) ? Hard coded map adaptation is a bit ugly, but if scoutzknivez is the only one to bug, so yes, it seems to be a better solution. Or maybe could you give the server admin a configuration parameter (in podbot.cfg) which contain a list of map on which the fix should be applied ?

BTW, on my servers, we don't activate bots for such maps (mostly because they're supposed to be fun maps, and bots can't really understand that :O), so it would be great if the entities were not altered when bots are disabled (i.e., when no waypoint file is found for the map).

PS: sorry for the english mistakes that could be found on my messages ; I don't speak english very often

Old
  (#5)
Teyut

Post Re: Bad alteration of player_weaponstrip entities - 22-12-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teyut View Post
BTW, on my servers, we don't activate bots for such maps (mostly because they're supposed to be fun maps, and bots can't really understand that :O), so it would be great if the entities were not altered when bots are disabled (i.e., when no waypoint file is found for the map).
I've made the modification in bold on my servers. You can find the diff here if you're interested. There's no incredible line of code in it, but I guess the GPL needs the modifications to be shown ...

Old
  (#6)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Bad alteration of player_weaponstrip entities - 22-12-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teyut
BTW, on my servers, we don't activate bots for such maps (mostly because they're supposed to be fun maps, and bots can't really understand that :O)
Can You elaborate more detailed what do You mean by that?