.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Bug Reports
Bug Reports Post any bug you experience with the latest release of this bot here

Re: POD bot 2.6 mm crash in 1.6
Old
  (#21)
Zirax

Default Re: POD bot 2.6 mm crash in 1.6 - 25-08-2004

Hmm, those files was the same as mine...
And... It still crashes...
Maybe it is my cs 1.6.
I got it on a LAN, also not an orignal...
It is that i think...
:'( :'( :'( :'(
THAT was bad...

Or: Its some other wrong, but now im angry...

Plz help...:'( :'(

Thx anyway all!

Old
  (#22)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirax
Maybe it is my cs 1.6.
I got it on a LAN, also not an orignal...
If You use not-original LAN (not Steam) CS1.6 version, then pb2.6mm will crash at You. We don't support illegal platform. Sorry. >
We were writing about this 2 months ago.
http://forums.bots-united.com/showpo...&postcount=106
There is also a suggestion what the version of Steam install the people should to use.

Old
  (#23)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Argh, why didn't you say so before? > When you said you had this problem w/ CS 1.6, I naturally assumed that you had a regular Steam CS 1.6.

Of course, some dubious ripped illegal version you got from some bloke on a LAN party is not the ideal platform for anything.

Just FYI: There are some Steam-free CS 1.6 versions floating around on the net which seem to be quite ok, but with inofficial software, it's always a bit of a lottery. Since I dumped Steam and don't play CS online any longer, I once tested one of these, and it worked perfectly with PB 2.6mm. But if you want to play at home or on LAN with bots, you can stick to CS 1.5 as well - it runs perfectly with PB 2.6mm, and besides it's perfectly legal.

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.

Old
  (#24)
Cliffx

Default Re: POD bot 2.6 mm crash in 1.6 - 26-08-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by >BKA< T Wrecks
Argh, why didn't you say so before? > When you said you had this problem w/ CS 1.6, I naturally assumed that you had a regular Steam CS 1.6.

Of course, some dubious ripped illegal version you got from some bloke on a LAN party is not the ideal platform for anything.

Just FYI: There are some Steam-free CS 1.6 versions floating around on the net which seem to be quite ok, but with inofficial software, it's always a bit of a lottery. Since I dumped Steam and don't play CS online any longer, I once tested one of these, and it worked perfectly with PB 2.6mm. But if you want to play at home or on LAN with bots, you can stick to CS 1.5 as well - it runs perfectly with PB 2.6mm, and besides it's perfectly legal.
And I am using a non-steam CS1.6 but I'm not satisfied with it, for it is completely different from steam CS1.6.(In China people call it "CS1.6:CZ version",which can be cheaply bought from some bloke in the market.)In fact I am on a 56K modern. You wanna know why don't I get ADSL? Because it costs 1/10 my mother's pay per month!

Old
  (#25)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Yep, the one I tested was different, too. It was actually more CS 1.5 with support for the new items (Galil/Famas/Shield) and the new CS 1.6 models (player and weapons). That's about it. The new VGUI with rounded corners has not been included, and the zoom crosshair for Aug and Sig is still 1.5-style, too (i.e. tiny and yellow instead of normal).
In fact, the only reason why I got this version is because I don't play online anyway, but I test and waypoint new custom maps, and I want to test bots. And some recent maps come with features that don't show in 1.5, or rely on models / sprites etc. that are included in the CS 1.6 default maps, but not the 1.5 versions.
And of course, when I play against bots to test them, I like to have better models for players and weapons than the crappy default ones - and the best models around are for 1.6, not for 1.5. I know you can mirror & recompile them, but I just don't have the time or the nerve to do so.
All in all, I would prefer to have a well-running Steam 1.6 on my PC, but it just didn't work properly, and since I payed money for that game, I play it. If Valve don't get the job done, then I rely on someone else who does.
Oh, and the DSL problem, yeah... I can understand that. 10% of a month's salary? Holy shit, I wouldn't do that, either! In fact, even here in Germany it's not that cheap unless you are a complete computer nut and NEED DSL to survive...9_9 Otherwise, it's best if you can team up with some other guy(s) and share a DSL connection and the flatrate costs.
Gee, that was off topic!
So back to topic: We now know that PB 2.6mm doesn't work with every illegal CS 1.6 version. A sensational discovery? I don't think so - but it might still be worth an explicit statement in the documentation-to-come...

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.

Old
  (#26)
Zirax

Hmm, also there is the problem... Well, gotta get buy the orignal then... Hmm... All that guessing about that.... lol
Hey sorry...

But: I have learned alot! Thanks guys!