.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Re: Some things ive noticed
Old
  (#31)
varjo

Default Re: Some things ive noticed - 22-04-2006

My friend noticed a bug while playing as a covert ops. He took disguised himself becoming invicible for the enemy team (unless shooting them 1st). But that's not the bug. When he took the parts, in radar i think, he was still invicible to axis team, so he was able to secure both partrs easilly. Maybe you could make bots see the objects sign?

Old
  (#32)
Danke

Perhaps there should be more options like a whole menu for difficulty where the user can set stuff on and off to their liking (eg: strafing or camping, etc).

Or maybe just have more AI skills like 1 - 6 or something. IDK.

Old
  (#33)
Maleficus

With Fritz, I've followed the K.I.S.S. princible. Thats means keeping it as simple as possible for the end user. Tons of user defined controls only create confusion and headaches.

Some of you want a bot thats basically that: a robot that you can control and order about.

I'm sorry, but thats NOT what the FritzBot Project is about. My intentions with Fritz has always to make a bot that could simulate a good human pub player. To bring the pub server experience to ppl who don't have good connections, can't find a good server to play on, or who want to practice without being bothered. That means sometimes they do things you'd rather them not do, but as long as its something a REAL person would do: then they're doing what I designed them to do.

This is a first release, so of course its going to have bugs and issues. If I waited to release until it was perfect, I'd prolly never release! Also, we on the FritzBot Team have lives, jobs, families and school to attend to first, so Fritz is just something we do in our precious spare time for fun. So, we work on the things we consider priorities first, and we make the bot something we'd enjoy ourselves.

Trust me - if I was getting paid to do this everyday, I'd make the bot of your dreams, with whatever you wanted, but I don't - so I make the bot WE want to play with.

Balance will always remain a priority, as CrapShoot noted. Because for every e-mail/PM/post/letter/etc I get that the bot is too hard, I get just as many if not more that its too easy. For every request to make the bot more complex as far as user options go, I get just as many that its too complicated.

So, I look for the balance.

Your comments and suggestions are appreciated and encouraged, just remember that we do this for fun in our spare time, so we can't just jump and do everything everyone wants.

Cheers!

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#34)
Maleficus

BTW in general Fritzy news: hitsounds and ETPro map script support has just been finished, and will be in the next release!

Cheers!

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#35)
Superkala

Didnt mean to sound like i was putting it down, and i realize it is a first release. I assumed you want feedback, however.

I like the direction of the bots in simulating people personaly, i prefer that to 'do this do that' bots.

Old
  (#36)
Danke

Default Re: Some things ive noticed - 23-04-2006

LMAO, Another problem I have noticed that could be a bug or just could be my computer. It starts to skip alot really fast, the sound is more affected, its not like lag its different, then the bots pause, if I kill them they start saying, I have no objcetive i can not do anything or something like that. This has happened on radar and oasis for me, I had a thought it could be (radar) when there is one radar part to be stolen and an axis kills an allie and the axis doesnt secure the parts, I thought the bots dont know where it is and they stuff up, but then I dont know why it would happen on oasis.

This normally happened when theres only one more objective, like one tank has been blown up and theres 1 more to blow up, or 1 radar parts have been secured but theres still 1 more to capture. Sometimes it does it. Ive used fritzbots for about 8 weeks and its happened about 4 times so its not a major problem for me.

EDIT: Everything in this whole topic is just something for you too look over and maybe if you didnt know of a certain bug you could maybe try to fix it. Anyway I think everyone here appreciates everything you have done with fritzbots.

Old
  (#37)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Possible waypoint issue w/ a bot getting stuck somewhere that it can't get out of. I'll look through the maps to see if I missed any areas.

Thanks for the info.

Old
  (#38)
Danke

Yeh happens with all the bots on the team, the whole allie team just stops, I noticed if I kill someone next to a medic the medic will heal him and give him medpacks and then just go back to standing still again.

I'm left to take on the whole axis team by myself... "sigh"

Old
  (#39)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Ahh, that's one of the freeze bugs that's being looked into.

Old
  (#40)
Infinite Death
56k Gamer

I dont have any issues with the bot at all... i could never play online and keep up with players due to my very very slow internet connection, but now with this its almost exactly like playing online without all the whining, complaining, ignorant players , hackers, and most importantly to me, no lag!! First release of this bot has totally blown me away didnt think a bot would be so enjoyable, would like to thank all you who work on fritzbot for making wolf fun for me to play excellent excellent work