.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot > Waypoint Forum
Waypoint Forum A place to request waypoints for a specific map, or to check on the progress of waypoints for your favorite maps.

Re: Glider 3.02 waypoint project
Old
  (#11)
nedd3h

Default Re: Glider 3.02 waypoint project - 10-08-2007

v0.03 on my server now

some feedback after a quick game:

• yes axis bots are more challanging!
• axis bots attacked more while i was on tank mg (r-nades and arty)
• looks like bots won't go to built glider if outpost flag not captured
• bots used ME109

• axis bots aren't yet using island spawn ?

thanks for this update, love ya work

Old
  (#12)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Re: Glider 3.02 waypoint project - 10-08-2007

Did not remember the island spawn in previous versions, and I don't see the advantage to the axis being so exposed. When should they capture it?
I did not put much emphasis on the island mg either since the fight at or near the compound favors axis already.
One thing I may need to add is the slide down the hill to the garage. Of course the bots will likely suicide if they get shot at and don't tightly follow the nodes.
And I could try adding some class restricted flanking routes when the tank is coming down the home stretch. Say Axis soldiers, who might then (sometimes) use the hills overlooking the trucks (too bad the cvops get mortared).
I just wish I could solve the Glider through CP-build yield problem. If I can't I have another final map in mind...

- - -
Ahhh I think I see, the island spawn flag merely enables a user optional spawn, so bots won't likely use it unless we disable their spawning someplace else.. Maybe I could do a test spawn arrangement (one or two new spawns at the island bunker, the rest in the compound? However I might have to disable the other existing spawn pads in the bunker!)

BTW the glider build is not dependent on the outpost flag, but lowering the priority of constructions might possibly make engrs chose the flag as objective sometimes. I'll try a class restriction JIC.

Last edited by TomTom; 10-08-2007 at 16:37.. Reason: after testing

Old
  (#13)
TomTom

Default Re: Glider 3.02 waypoint project - 14-07-2008

Finally got around to trying out the final priority arrangement. Seems to result in some improvement in Allied CP focus (well actually its only 46% in unattended tests) at the cost of some no goal messages. Bot on Bot balance is running 2.5:1 in favor of axis. The bulletproofing of the cockpit has some side effects on panzers (see readme for details). Over all lots of changes too numerous to describe Here. So get 0.05 and see what you think.

(I have left the island spawn alone for now).

.one Ringstellung to rule them all.

Last edited by TomTom; 14-07-2008 at 07:18.. Reason: long term unattended tests results

Old
  (#14)
nedd3h

Default Re: Glider 3.02 waypoint project - 19-07-2008

will test this out during the week with a few others

Old
  (#15)
TomTom

Post Re: Glider 3.02 waypoint project - 25-02-2012

Latest update I am calling 0.10. More things to focus the Allied bots on the CP, and the engrs left behind will go to the pump room to slow down its destruction. CP seems to be built mostly the first time so yield is better. I have made some improvements to the Axis defense in two places to be a bit more challenging. Hopefully team balance will still be good. Teams are set to 8 bots each with Humans optional.

With balance testing still to do I am calling it playable WIP quality or better. Feedback is appreciated.

Warning: the map has a lot of entities so it can crash ET with the MAX_GAMESTATE_CHARS error reported. To avoid this either run it in an impure server (sv_pure 0) or limit the number of map files you keep in etmain.

Installation: As always rename the waypoints file to remove the .zip ending and put the pk3 file in your fritzbot subdirectory.

Waypoints can be downloaded from Ancients CFEGame.com site http://www.cfegames.com/index.php?ac...=view;down=270

.one Ringstellung to rule them all.