.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > YappA > The Agora
The Agora This is the place to go if you have suggestions, or if you want to participate in Council discussions. Everyone is welcome!

View Poll Results: Council, will you allow...
yes 0 0%
no 2 100.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

attn: council
Old
  (#1)
dead bwoy

Default attn: council - 15-05-2004

I've posted this already but got no response, probably because it was posted in another thread...

Not to be confused with CS:CZ TOD (Tour of Duty)...
There are a small group of us in the cz community looking for a host for CS:CZ TOD mission pack add-ons. This does relate to bots (CSBot), but packs are coming out that will include maps and models, which can get quite large. The demo for my pack will be approx. ~ 70Mb using some quite large maps. I highly doubt you guys would donate the space for hosting the packs themselves, but what about a webpage/forum topic for the creators of these packs? Something like czmissions.bots-united.com?
A gaming server company has agreed to host the packs themselves, so that's no problem as long as I can link to the files through the webpage or filebase.
How this project relates to bots:
These are Single Player Missions using CSBots. not on-line anything (although there may be a future update to include on-line co-op). Custom maps also require nav (waypoint) editing to make the maps more playable with csbot. A mission pack would contain:
Code:
-mission files
	 =career files: maps, their tasks, pretty much the "coding" of the missions.
	 =bot files: botprofile, navs for custom maps.
-custom maps (if any)
-custom models (if any)
-other add-ons (if any): sounds, cfg files, etc...
Thank you for your time and response,
DEAD

Re: attn: council
Old
  (#2)
@$3.1415rin
Council Member, Author of JoeBOT

Default Re: attn: council - 15-05-2004

I think hosting files is almost impossible, since we do not really have that much of free traffic. ( we should anyway maybe outsource some files, like joebot on sf )

about the forums .. dunno, we should discuss about it. it isnt really third party bot related ...

Old
  (#3)
Cpl. Shrike
ShrikeBot Coder/Moderator

Default Re: attn: council - 15-05-2004

Yup i think the whole map hosting is to much for BU after all.
It would bring a hugh strain on download traffic.

I think it should be better if we ppl get 3rd party hosts to host the map downloads and bring only the urls to one place.

=========
edit.

don't wanne sound harsh but i think CS:CZ (tod) is just part of CS
Lotsa hosting sites for that topic already exists

Last edited by Cpl. Shrike; 15-05-2004 at 22:18..

Old
  (#4)
dead bwoy

Default Re: attn: council - 16-05-2004

@ @$3.1415rin:
Quote:
A gaming server company has agreed to host the packs themselves, so that's no problem as long as I can link to the files through the webpage or filebase.
it isnt really third party bot related? true.
is this "3rd party Bots-United?"
CSBot has an official site with forums but will not host a site for TOD add-ons.

@ Cpl. Shrike:
(see quote above)
Quote:
don't wanne sound harsh but i think CS:CZ (tod) is just part of CS
Lotsa hosting sites for that topic already exists
CS:CZ is not a part of CS! It is illegal to run anything from CS:CZ in CS! We even got permission from waldo @ steampowered.com to include customized deleted scenes skins, ONLY for use in CZS. Right now, there is one site hosting CS:CZ files and it hasn't even been updated since January (since b4 the game actually came out): http://www.conditionzerofiles.com/ They haven't responded to ONE of my e-mails asking them if they needed help with the site. There are a few private (geocities type) sites hosting nav files (not to forget my CSBot nav pack in your filebase, which has had a whopping 110 downloads! Thank you again!!!), but no official mission pack creation webpage.

again: All I'm asking for is a webpage (sub-domain?) and a forum topic under say... Forge of Digital Worlds... The most I would need to store on BU is stuff for a webpage, images etc.... I kinda get the feeling you guys didn't read my post and just skimmed through it.
Anyways, thanks for your comments!

Old
  (#5)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Default Re: attn: council - 17-05-2004

Having a subdomain for bot-related mapping would make sense for Bots United, BUT, only for covering aspects of mapping related to MANY games and MANY bots at once.

IMO what you ask is WAY too specific (CZ only, official bot only). Specificity is not what Bots United aims for. I don't think we can provide a different webspace for every single game that features bots and allow third party mapping, can we ?

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#6)
dead bwoy

Default Re: attn: council - 18-05-2004

Quote:
I don't think we can provide a different webspace for every single game that features bots and allow third party mapping
mapping... not what I'm doing...
I'm just trying to help people better their TOD packs. This involves changing code in steam (vdf/db) files, correct directory placement, taking screenshots and editing them, and making sure all syntax is correct. Other possible features with TOD packs:
(These are all optional features)
Custom Models
Custom Sounds
Custom Maps
Custom Sprites
NONE of this will need to be hosted @ BU!
Just a webpage with links to all the packs (hosted on a third party site) and a forum topic for us TOD pack creators to converse and discuss syntax and possible add-on features. I have been doing this since before the mission pack creation documents came out and have a very good understanding of the layout and possible options of these packs. It would be SO much easier if I could help people in one place, rather than jumping from forum to forum.

I agree that CSBot doesn't quite fit in at BU being an official bot and all. But Turtle Rock Studios (the official site/forum) will not do this for us and I think it's essential to the growth of CS:CZ. I understand that this community is directed at bots for all games, but you can not do these TOD packs for any other game or bot, making it unique.
Quote:
Having a subdomain for bot-related mapping would make sense for Bots United, BUT, only for covering aspects of mapping related to MANY games and MANY bots at once.
I agree! However, this is a different topic altogether.