.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Common Questions
Common Questions Are you seeking help ? Get it here !

PodbotMM + CS1.6 Dead
Old
  (#1)
Arcaine

Default PodbotMM + CS1.6 Dead - 15-12-2005

I followed the steps carefully for installing podbot and metamod, I've done a day of searching on these forums and google in general to no avail. My problem is when i start the game no bots are there, and furthermore when i do a "meta list" "metalist" i get told that that command doesnt exist, I downloaded the dedicated server through steam, and I can even get on that and run around, but its kinda boring when youre the only thing on it. I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips or ideas on how to get this bot running.

Re: PodbotMM + CS1.6 Dead
Old
  (#2)
Arcaine

Default Re: PodbotMM + CS1.6 Dead - 16-12-2005

I just tried to set up counter-strike and podbot on my work pc which has never seen a game and I run into the same problem. So here's what I did.

Downloaded the newest steam client, input my username and password, downloaded from steam only counter-strike and dedicated server. I then downloaded
"podbot_full_R2B46d.zip" and "metamod-1.18-win.zip". I created:
"C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\loginid\counter-strike\cstrike\addons\"
inside of that directory I created:
"C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\loginid\counter-strike\cstrike\addons\metamod\"
and also:
"C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\loginid\counter-strike\cstrike\addons\podbot\"
and inside of metamod I made:
"C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\loginid\counter-strike\cstrike\addons\metamod\dlls\"

I opened "metamod-1.18-win.zip" and extracted "metamod.dll" into:
"C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\loginid\counter-strike\cstrike\addons\metamod\dlls\"

Now for podbot I opened "podbot_full_R2B46d.zip" and extracted the contents of the folder "podbot" into the podbot folder I had created at:
"C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\loginid\counter-strike\cstrike\addons\podbot\"

I edited "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\loginid\counter-strike\cstrike\liblist.gam" to read:

game "Counter-Strike"
url_info "www.counter-strike.net"
url_dl ""
version "1.6"
size "184000000"
svonly "0"
secure "1"
type "multiplayer_only"
cldll "1"
hlversion "1111"
nomodels "1"
nohimodel "1"
mpentity "info_player_start"
gamedll "addons\metamod\dlls\metamod.dll"
gamedll_linux "dlls/cs_i386.so"
trainmap "tr_1"

I then created
"C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\arcaine08\counter-strike\cstrike\addons\metamod\plugins.ini"
and it reads:
w32 addons/podbot/podbot_mm.dll

Also I verified that "Hide extensions for known file types" is infact unchecked just to be sure my .ini is a .ini.

I then ran Steam, launched Dedicated Server, chose counter-strike for the game, gave the server a name, chose LAN for the network, and set my RCON Password, and also ensured VAC was enabled. Now I launched counter-strike hit the "~" key, typed in "connect 127.0.0.1" I then typed in "rcon_password (password)" and to test I typed rcon stats, and I got a reply.

At this point, I have no bots in the game, "meta list", which was suggested in these forums for debugging returns "Unknown command: meta". I hope this post hasnt been too painfully descriptive, but it needed to be as I need a solution to this and I've been fighting with this for 3 days, at this point i have 15 views on my post (1 of them mine) and no replies. Thanks ahead of time to anyone that replies.

//Brad

Old
  (#3)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.
Default Re: PodbotMM + CS1.6 Dead - 16-12-2005

AH! That explains it.. you installed it for the Counter-Strike listen server. Instead of "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\loginid\counter-strike\cstrike\" it should be ""C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\loginid\dedicated server\cstrike\". Everything you did seems correct.

Old
  (#4)
Cowardly

Default Re: PodbotMM + CS1.6 Dead - 19-12-2005

So this means that podbot only works on dedicated servers ?

I had a previous version running fine on an older version of CS (without steam)

Old
  (#5)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: PodbotMM + CS1.6 Dead - 19-12-2005

No - it works on both - listen and dedicated, but You need to install it in correct place (separate for listen server and for dedicated server).
For listenserver under CS1.6 You need to install podbot folder in:
..\steamApps\your@email\counter-strike\cstrike\addons
and for dedicated server:
..\steamApps\your@email\dedicated server\cstrike\addons