.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > YappA > Half-Life 2, Source and Source Games
Half-Life 2, Source and Source Games Discuss about Valve's new FPS game and its mods here Half-Life 2

Zombie Panic! Source Bots unheard of
Old
  (#1)
Daimyo

Default Zombie Panic! Source Bots unheard of - 04-12-2010

I came on these forums researching for bots for zps years back and now again. Only post I could find were from 4-5 years back.

If youve played Zombie Panic! Source, youd know its a great game with emphasis on great gameplay such as barricading, scarce weapons/ammo, and fun objectives (way more thrill than l4d imo).

The community is still very active even with the lack of updates the devs have given. Though sometimes it is hard getting new servers up and running, some people use the Fakeclients plugin which I am against tricking the community with.

Something that ZPS has been in dire need of is Zombie Bots. Its never been done on ZPS and most people who tried over the years have failed again and again. Its a simple concept but most coders run into the problem of not knowing the protocol names of action commands that the devs use to code the game. I know a very advanced coder currently too busy to help me with this but he knows all the source code commands so basically youd have to know how to transfer RCBOT or HPB bot to work in ZPS code. I have to talk to him to see if he'd at least help and give guidelines/code and or the basic zombie attacks/lunge/jump coding commands etc and what can be used as waypoints.

If theres any coders that are willing to take this challenge please let me know. I will not take any credit AT ALL if this is made successful. I am more of an assistant and willing to spend days/weeks/months helping to make this happen. If you work for money, we can negotiate something but beware.. im a full on BS detector and will not tolerate thievery. Im honestly fine with the most basic stupid bot being on the server as long as it doesnt crash. If me helping as much as possible is enough, than lets make some history!

Side notes about me: Ive taken some computer science classes 3-4 years back and have very little to no experience coding bots but understand the basics of coding and have some experience with basic scripting. Right now I do mapping in hammer and have 2 completed maps that are very well done/optimized and very popular by some servers.