.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums irc server wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps waypoints yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > YaPB
YaPB Yet another POD-Bot flavor by Whistler and Jeefo Counter-Strike

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Re: YaPB2 Updates
Old
  (#91)
jeefo
ouch
 
jeefo's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 446
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Saint-Petersburg
Default Re: YaPB2 Updates - 17-12-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboCop View Post
This appears to occur on every CS 1.6 maps including de_dust. The version is YAPB v2.7.1.4323 on MM v1.21p37 for Linux HLDS SteamPipe.

I tried using rcon "yb_autovacate 1" but it instantly goes back to 0
With default install of hlds & bot, still can't reproduce.
  
Reply With Quote
Re: YaPB2 Updates
Old
  (#92)
RoboCop
vBulletin Veteran
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 139
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Dundee, Scotland
Default Re: YaPB2 Updates - 19-12-2015

Still cant reproduce, comrade?

Hmm why not look at my conf/yapb.cfg and maybe compare those variables and test it from that cfg?

Code:
// ------------------------------------------------------------------------
// This file is part of Yet Another Ping Of Death Bot Configuration Files.
// Copyright (c) 2003-2015, by YaPB Development Team.
//
// Please check out the documentation, before altering config files.
// ------------------------------------------------------------------------

//
// Display's additional debug information about bot, when you spectating him.
//
// Default: 0
//
yb_debug "0"

//
// Forces all bots to move to specified here goal.
//
// Default: -1
//
yb_debug_goal "-1"

//
// Chance that bot will autofollow human-commander in start of each round.
//
// Default: 20
//
yb_user_follow_percent "20"

//
// Maximum number of bots, that can follow human-commander each round.
//
// Default: 1
//
yb_user_max_followers "1"

//
// Forces all bot's to play only with knives.
//
// Default: 0
//
yb_jasonmode "0"

//
// Select's bot's radio-chatter-communication types.
//
// Allowed values:
//   0 - Radio & Chatter Disabled.
//   1 - Only Radio Enabled.
//   2 - Chatter & Radio Enabled.
//
// Default: 2
yb_communication_type "2"

//
// Enables bot's economics rounds. See general.cfg for more info.
//
// Default: 1
//
yb_economics_rounds "1"

//
// Enables or disables bot's ability to move silently, if they hears enemy.
//
// Default: 1
//
yb_walking_allowed "1"

//
// Forces bot to punish teammate, that shooting him. This also forces bots to vote for kick against his tk'ing teammate.
//
// Default "1"
//
yb_tkpunish "1"

//
// Bot's do nothings, and stays at spawn.
//
// Default: 0
//
yb_freeze_bots "0"

//
// Allows or disallows bot's to do spraypaints.
//
// Default: 1
//
yb_spraypaints "0"

//
// Allows or disallows bots ability to buy weapons.
//
// Default: 1
//
yb_botbuy "1"


//
// Path to chatter, by default points to chatter from Official CSBot
//
// Default: sound/radio/bot
//
yb_chatter_path "sound/radio/bot"

//
// Weapons that bot unable to buy in any situations. Priority of this cvar higher, than the data specified in general.cfg
//
// Default: 
//
yb_restricted_weapons ""

//
// Allows or disallows bot's shooting through walls at enemies.
//
// Default: 2
//
yb_shoots_thru_walls "2"

//
// When enabled, bot's will ignore any enemies on the way, but will do their goals.
//
// Default: 0
//
yb_ignore_enemies "0"


//
// Only used with CSDM mod, and selects whether CSDM is active. This cvar automatically configured by bot.
// No need to edit manually in most cases.
//
// Available values:
//  0 - Disabled CSDM.
//  1 - CSDM Active.
//  2 - CSDM Active with FFA mode.
//
yb_csdm_mode "0"

//
// Kick bots to automatically make room for human players.
//
// Default: 1
//
yb_autovacate "1"

//
// Adds this number of bots per human users.
//
// Default: 0
//
yb_quota_match "10"

//
// Total maximum bots can be added by yb_quota_match, only effective when yb_quota_match non-zero.
//
// Default: 0
//
yb_quota_match_max "10"

//
// Bot's will join the game, only one alive human already joined team.
//
// Default: 0
//
yb_join_after_player "0"

//
// Forces bot's to join specific team.
//
// Available values:
//   any - Bot's will join both teams.
//   ct - Bot's will join only CT team.
//   te - Bot's will join only T team.
//
// Default: any
//
yb_join_team "any"

//
// Specifies bot "clan" tag, that displayed before his name.
//
// Default: ""
//
yb_name_prefix "[APG-BOT]"


//
// Controls what latency will be shown in scoreboard for bots.
// 
// Available values:
//  0 - Nothing is displayed.
//  1 - "BOT" latency is displayed.
//  2 - Simulating human latency.
//
yb_latency_display "1"

//
// Allows or disallows bots text-chat.
//
// Default: 1
//
yb_chat "0"

//
// Controls the password to access bot command and menus, when connected to server running yapb.
//
// Default: thebot
//
// Notes: Change this, if you going to run bots on dedicated server.
//
yb_password "pissoffbot"

//
// Setinfo password key, that holds yb_password on client, to access bot commands and menus, when connected to server
// running yapb.
//
// Default: _ybpw
//
// Usage:
//   setinfo _ybpw thebot  - You will be able to access bot's menu in commands remotely.
//
yb_password_key "_ybwp"

//
// Small welcome message on first round, showing version and build of the bot.
//
// Default: 1
//
yb_listenserver_welcome "1"

//
// Specifies host, that contains dozen of waypoint files. Host must contain subdirectory /wpdb/ which contains all the waypoints.
//
// Default; yapb.jeefo.net
//
yb_waypoint_autodl_host "yapb.jeefo.net"

//
// Allows or disallows bot to download waypoints from autodl_host.
//
// Default: 1
//
// Notes: This may freeze game loading process for a few seconds, as download done in main thread.
//
yb_waypoint_autodl_enable "1"

//
// Language that used to display menus and messages from bot dll.
//
// Default: en
//
yb_language "en"

//
// Bot difficulty. As it-is.
//
// Default: 4
//
yb_difficulty "3"

//
// Amount of bots to add. Adding many bots will use more cpu. Start with a few bots, then add more if needed.
//
// Default: 9
//
yb_quota "10"

//
// Binds "=" key to open bot's main menu
//
bind "=" "yb menu"





vBulletin Webmaster since 2001
  
Reply With Quote
Re: YaPB2 Updates
Old
  (#93)
jeefo
ouch
 
jeefo's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 446
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Saint-Petersburg
Default Re: YaPB2 Updates - 20-12-2015

Try latest build. https://yapb.jeefo.net/drop/releases..._latest.tar.xz
  
Reply With Quote
Re: YaPB2 Updates
Old
  (#94)
RoboCop
vBulletin Veteran
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 139
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Dundee, Scotland
Default Re: YaPB2 Updates - 20-12-2015

OK the bot quota seems to be working fine. Except the autovacate when I join the server with the same yapb config and despite using rcon yb_autovacate 0 that automatically made yb_autovacate 0 stay on. And the quota doesnt reduce when I join to reserve the slots for human players e.g. 10 human players vacates all 10 bots from the bot quota.

Also the server floods with yb_quota 0 and yb_quota 10 every second, on a map that doesn't have waypoints on a particular map so you may want to fix that.





vBulletin Webmaster since 2001

Last edited by RoboCop; 20-12-2015 at 20:56..
  
Reply With Quote
Re: YaPB2 Updates
Old
  (#95)
jeefo
ouch
 
jeefo's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 446
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Saint-Petersburg
Default Re: YaPB2 Updates - 23-12-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboCop View Post
OK the bot quota seems to be working fine. Except the autovacate when I join the server with the same yapb config and despite using rcon yb_autovacate 0 that automatically made yb_autovacate 0 stay on. And the quota doesnt reduce when I join to reserve the slots for human players e.g. 10 human players vacates all 10 bots from the bot quota.

Also the server floods with yb_quota 0 and yb_quota 10 every second, on a map that doesn't have waypoints on a particular map so you may want to fix that.
Autovacate is disabled when quota_match/quota_match_max is used.

Will fix spam in next commit.
  
Reply With Quote
Re: YaPB2 Updates
Old
  (#96)
jeefo
ouch
 
jeefo's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 446
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Saint-Petersburg
Default Re: YaPB2 Updates - 04-01-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeefo View Post
Autovacate is disabled when quota_match/quota_match_max is used.

Will fix spam in next commit.
Should be fixed now.
  
Reply With Quote
Re: YaPB2 Updates
Old
  (#97)
jeefo
ouch
 
jeefo's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 446
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Saint-Petersburg
Default Re: YaPB2 Updates - 04-01-2016

Tested YaPB vs Podbot in terms of CPU usage. Podbot is a truly monster.

Here the sampling data from Visual Studio:

300 seconds, de_aztec, 32bots, latest hlds. i7-3517U

both bots running under metamod-p.

podbot_mm v22c:


yapb 2.7.1 (latest commit):


yapb currently runs ~2 times faster than podbot_mm. i'm happy
  
Reply With Quote
Re: YaPB2 Updates
Old
  (#98)
ViBE@
Member
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 24
Join Date: Jan 2016
Question Re: YaPB2 Updates - 09-01-2016

i'm a bit new here so i have some questions now. i have some servers and i decided to change PB on my CSDM server to something new. around 2004-2005 was the last time when i met with all the well known bots so i have no clue what's changed in the last ~11 years. that was pretty far and what i only know well is PB.

the main reason of the change is what you posted above: CPU usage. i dunno how bot modules works but i guess poorly made waypoints with wrong paths and flags really kicks the server's ass. and i guess till Valve updated the engine PB getting more unstable. KWo is a cool guy but he is not too active so i think YaPB2 would be a better choice for me now.

so i have a CSDM on a v6027 Linux server with latest Metamod-P and AMXX 1.8.2. this forum is really crowded and it's hard to find exact answers for my questions so sorry if i'm dumb:

1.) is YaPB2 support CSDM well?
2.) is YaPB2 better than PB (performance, functions)?
3.) does YaPB2 know the same what PB know?
4.) can YaPB2 handle already existing and newly created PB waypoints?
5.) where can i find a detailed tutorial for installation/configuration/usage?
6.) i know how to make waypoints but don't know how to optimise. where can i find any guide?
7.) could you link me the base language file? i would add hungarian language support.
8.) can i make some requests?


„the cake is a lie”

Last edited by ViBE@; 09-01-2016 at 22:20..
  
Reply With Quote
Re: YaPB2 Updates
Old
  (#99)
jeefo
ouch
 
jeefo's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 446
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Saint-Petersburg
Default Re: YaPB2 Updates - 09-01-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViBE@ View Post
i'm a bit new here so i have some questions now. i have some servers and i decided to change PB on my CSDM server to something new. around 2004-2005 was the last time when i met with all the well known bots so i have no clue what's changed in the last ~11 years. that was pretty far and what i only know well is PB.

the main reason of the change is what you posted above: CPU usage. i dunno how bot modules works but i guess poorly made waypoints with wrong paths and flags really kicks the server's ass. and i guess till Valve updated the engine PB getting more unstable. KWo is a cool guy but he is not too active so i think YaPB2 would be a better choice for me now.

so i have a CSDM on a v6027 Linux server with latest Metamod-P and AMXX 1.8.2. this forum is really crowded and it's hard to find exact answers for my questions so sorry if i'm dumb:

1.) is YaPB2 support CSDM well?
2.) is YaPB2 better than PB (performance, functions)?
3.) does YaPB2 know the same what PB know?
4.) can YaPB2 handle already existing and newly created PB waypoints?
5.) where can i find a detailed tutorial for installation/configuration/usage?
6.) i know how to make waypoints but don't know how to optimise. where can i find any guide?
7.) could you link me the base language file? i would add hungarian language support.
Hello and welcome!

1) Yes, including FFA mode.
2) Well they somewhat equal. Perfomance better than pb. Functions? Well the same, except that YAPB not affected by darkness.
3) Mostly yes.
4) Yes.
5) Old docs is not complete, new is not yet written. Installation: Extract linux package, add linux addons/yapb/bin/yapb.so to plugins.ini.
6) If yb waypoint save works, waypoints are pretty good, for CSDM it doesn't matter at all
7) https://yapb.jeefo.net/drop/releases/ addons/yapb/conf/lang/
  
Reply With Quote
Re: YaPB2 Updates
Old
  (#100)
ViBE@
Member
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 24
Join Date: Jan 2016
Question Re: YaPB2 Updates - 09-01-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeefo View Post
Hello and welcome!

1) Yes, including FFA mode.
2) Well they somewhat equal. Perfomance better than pb. Functions? Well the same, except that YAPB not affected by darkness.
3) Mostly yes.
4) Yes.
5) Old docs is not complete, new is not yet written. Installation: Extract linux package, add linux addons/yapb/bin/yapb.so to plugins.ini.
6) If yb waypoint save works, waypoints are pretty good, for CSDM it doesn't matter at all
7) https://yapb.jeefo.net/drop/releases/ addons/yapb/conf/lang/
thanks!
1.) what CSDM mode exactly do? is it just tell the bots to ignore goals? cause i have a request and maybe this already exist.
5.) please link me those tutorials if still useful.
7.) i mean there is no "en_lang.cfg" file in the package.


„the cake is a lie”
  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com