.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > E[POD]bot
E[POD]bot Evil mutants tamed out of POD-bot by The Storm and Markus Heiden Counter-Strike

Bot Crashing
Old
  (#1)
BlueForce

Default Bot Crashing - 25-05-2004

i installed the podbots perfectly fine and they work. but when i use the = button to bring up the podbot menu, and try to add a bot, it crashes. someone help me please?

Re: Bot Crashing
Old
  (#2)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Default Re: Bot Crashing - 25-05-2004

Heyyo,

Hmm, well, this is an odd bug. What version of CS are you running, and what version of E[POD]bot are you running?

Also, give us some info if your version's the Retail, or MOD, and where you installed CS.

Also, do you own both Counter-Strike, and Half-Life? Cause I just gotta feelin' you might have installed cs over HL.

Later-a-much, and LONG LIVE THE D!,
(Link>>>MarD's Moddin' Site<<<Link) MarD

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Old
  (#3)
BlueForce

Default Re: Bot Crashing - 25-05-2004

im running 1.6. i dont even think it's an e[pod]bot but it's the only [pod]bot i know of that is compatible with 1.6.

i dont have retail(why would anyone waste money on it?) it's installed into program files\steam

i only on half-life(again why would you waste money on buying cs?)

Last edited by BlueForce; 25-05-2004 at 22:24..

Old
  (#4)
heavensoul

Default Re: Bot Crashing - 26-05-2004

MarD, where's LN ????

And wher's the IIId ????

Old
  (#5)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Default Re: Bot Crashing - 26-05-2004

Heyyo,

Well, make sure for PODbot, that you're using the v2.6mm edition, and not the original PODbot v2.5, cause v2.5 isin't steam compatible, and that can cause probs. Gearbox, the makers of CS say they fixed the CL_Fakeclient problem, but then they messed up the rest by changing the newround code, and making most bots mess up cause now, unless they were updated, they won't know when to buy guns n' stuff.. I know IvPbot, and PODbot v2.6mm both have been updated to recognize newrounds, dunno aboot other bots...

You'll need metamod to get PODbot v2.6mm to work, so go to www.metamod.org and download it and install that.

This forum thread for PODbot v2.6mm has the latest release of it, which is still being updated by sPlOrYgOn: http://forums.bots-united.com/showth...9&page=1&pp=10

Well, the reason why you can buy retail is that if you want CS, and don't wanna have to buy HL, and then download the MOD, then you can get CS at stores, which is the standalone edition.

The instructions on how to install and operate PODbot v2.6mm is included in its download. If you have probs, go to the PODbot v2.6mm section of these forums, and post any probs there.

Ok, also, by where you installled it? it looks wrong dude. Here's what it should look like:

<folders before the steam folder>\steamapps\<e-mail login address>\counter-strike\cstrike\

so for example, mine looks like this:

C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\jagged_jimmy_j@yahoo.com\ counter-strike\cstrike

I like to organize my games in games folders, not by the compagnies so I can easily mod a game without havin to figure out who made it....

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Last edited by MarD; 26-05-2004 at 09:25..

Old
  (#6)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Default Re: Bot Crashing - 27-05-2004

Heyyo,

I know this is double posting, but my edit button seems to be missing... Anywho, I forgot to respond to ya heavensoul. LN's been pretty busy, and I'm hosting the E[POD]bot III release, cause IIId isin't released yet...

Rock Hound. (<Link)