.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Be Server Admin for FritzBot.
Old
  (#1)
RR99i

Default Be Server Admin for FritzBot. - 31-01-2009

Hi everyone ,

I'm needing some help. I have my ET server running on a old PC of mine. FritzBot is running on it. I'm wanting to be able to control FritzBot on my other computer that is playing on the server. I want to be able to add/remove bots... pretty much have full control over FritzBot on the server. I haven't played around much to figure this one out. Hopefully someone will be able to help me. I run my server through starting it through the game.

Re: Be Server Admin for FritzBot.
Old
  (#2)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Re: Be Server Admin for FritzBot. - 31-01-2009

FritzBot like Bobots is not great at removing a single bot (they have referee status) but you can kick allbots then add back the bots you want.

At a minimum you can create small config files to do what you want for kicking and adding bots (random or specific), and then run the config files remotely with rcon.

Old
  (#3)
RR99i

Default Re: Be Server Admin for FritzBot. - 31-01-2009

I know that I have on my computer FritzBot with Enemy Territory. There are options, just like on the old PC, that will allow me to add or remove bots. When I try to add a bot, it tells me it's an unknown command. Probably because I'm not a full admin of the server. Not sure if I put in a config file that I want to be an admin, like with Counter-Strike.

Old
  (#4)
RR99i

Default Re: Be Server Admin for FritzBot. - 02-02-2009

TomTom, if I have FritzBot on both PCs, the one hosting the server and my PC. Would it be possible to put something in a cfg file for both PCs, to allow me to change Fritzbot settings? When I join the server, FritzBot's settings are available on my PC.

Old
  (#5)
TomTom

Default Re: Be Server Admin for FritzBot. - 02-02-2009

I suspect you could put rcon commands inside the config file on the client that would run a config file containing the fritzbot commands on the server. The only point to that would be to not have to remember how to do a rcon command or the password.

There are other server controls available you could try like Rcon Unlimited, RconIt and ET server watch. I am not the best person to ask as the only server testing I have done is with 2 PCs side by side so I have not tried out remote server control much. Maybe Nedd3h has some experience he could relate.

The web page of the developers of Rcon Unlimited and of RconIt seem taken over or expired. The RconIT manual is here (thanks to mapper Marko of MLB fame).

Last edited by TomTom; 02-02-2009 at 08:08.. Reason: links update

Old
  (#6)
TomTom

Default Re: Be Server Admin for FritzBot. - 03-02-2009

Got around to trying out RconIT. It runs fine as is (just unzipped no installer). My config file idea worked fine but then I went on to trying out the send command box. What I found was that the most likely commands you would want remote control of in FritzBot ET are already directly supported by the FritzBot ET server through rcon. I.E. kick allbots, addbot, addbot <name>, g_minbots, g_maxbots, bot_skill, bot_aimskill, map etc. are supported under custom/additional commands. If you remember the FritzBot ET console command just type it there (without the leading slash '/'). and it should work if you have connected to the server with the correct rconPassword.

So for instance if my server is set to the LAN IP 192.168.0.1 port 27960 password test, I would first make certain that the server windows network settings fixed the machine's IP to 192.168.0.1 (or run IPconfig to find existing IP, or get it from ET's console serverinfo). Then type rconPassword "test" in the console of the dedicated server. Once done run RconIT on your client machine and enter the Server IP address, Server Port and Server rcon Password (without the quotes) and you should connect (if your firewall allows 192.168.0.1 in the trusted zone). I did find that I could kick individual bots by name in the Kick by Name box. And then tried out Kick By ID number and at random banned myself ( oops). But RconIt seemed to be still connected so I guess that is one advantage. My only complaint is that RconIt takes up 60% of my current screen resolution obscuring most of my ET play window, so I guess I would chose to learn rcon in the console too.

Old
  (#7)
RR99i

Default Re: Be Server Admin for FritzBot. - 04-02-2009

Yeah, I may need Nedd3h's help. Some from Bots-United know how slow I can be learning all this. I know that FritzBot options show up when I hit ESC key on the client PC. I want my server PC to know that when I set the "HOME" key for adding more bots. That it will accept the command. I don't know if I put something in the server.cfg file of both my server PC or my client PC. It would be easier to use FritzBot's menu from my client PC to config FritzBot.

Old
  (#8)
TomTom

The basic thing is if you could just add a bot from that menu then every client could. That is why rcon does not work until the server rconPassword is set. But when it is set I guess you can have many controlling the server as you cared to share the password with.
RconIt is easy to use, easy to set up. And all you need to do is set the rconPassword at the server (preferably in the server config). But you can set it in the console line too, but I do find it will eventually forget and need to have it set again so better to force it in the config.

Old
  (#9)
RR99i

Would I have to set anything else in the server.cfg to make FritzBot's in-game menu to work? I know that when I put the rcon password in, then in the console put, kick allbots. It will then kick them, but they come back, mostly because of the "Min. Bots" I have set. But being able to use the in-game menu of Fritzbot would be nice.

Old
  (#10)
TomTom

The in-game menu uses stuff coded and compiled in program source file ui_main.c. I don't have Mal's version of that file so I don't know if he put changes in there for communicating with the server by rcon. Some of the standard referee menu might work remotely with a fritzbot server but I have not tested it.

Overall key bindings are easier
try
/bind F4 "rcon addbot;addbot"
and
/bind F5 "rcon kick allbots;kick allbots"
notice that I put in both the local and the remote version of the command so it will work either way.

you could even bind a key for the password but that would waste the limited set of keys to work from

UPDATE: Still can't kick bots with referee menu so rcon is the way to go. 3 choices (1) type it in the console (2) bind keys and (3) use something like RconIt

Last edited by TomTom; 04-02-2009 at 11:07.. Reason: ref testing