Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > YappA > Half-Life and HL1 Mods
Half-Life and HL1 Mods Discuss about your favourites HL1 Mods here Half-Life

Operation Flashpoint Manual needed
Old
  (#1)
threat

Default Operation Flashpoint Manual needed - 26-01-2004

Hi folks!

I don't think, that the communities of CS and OF are enemies and I've searched the internet for a long time without success - so I place my question here:

I definitely urgent need a manual for the commands, actions and the editor of Operation Flashpoint!

I've bought the "Game of the Year"-Edition, which consists of 3 CDs and a tiny overview of the keys. That's all... I'm not very amused about this. I remember the time, when e.g. M1 Tank Platoon and Gunship 2000 came out with very accurate manuals, including stories and history, data about weapons and vehicles, detailed infos about all interfaces and menus and tipps on tactic.

OF doesn't have any of this! 8D SHIT! The single player missions are hard as hell for a noob and I'm stuck in the first mission in the campaign, because I cannot give tactical commands as I should, everything is very confused....
There's no training mission, no briefings... it is very hard for me, and I am a experienced in shooters and military (since I'm militia member in Austria - radio operator troop commandant - "FunkSprTrpKdt")... I can easy imagine, how many absolute noobs installed the game and then never played because frustrated about this shit!

I even cannot use the editor, because I don't understand the Player-Commander-Driver-System... What's the different between "Player is Driver" and "Player is driveable"? And how can I manage different groups and command them? You see - I NEED A MANUAL!!!!!

Can anybody help me? A PDF-Manual would be great... I've searched many sites and forums, but the game is old already (2001) and many sites don't exist anymore or are left alone...

(Of course I still keep on playing CS - but a little diversion is OK sometimes... )

Re: Operation Flashpoint Manual needed
Old
  (#2)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Default Re: Operation Flashpoint Manual needed - 26-01-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by threat
I can easy imagine, how many absolute noobs installed the game and then never played because frustrated about this shit!
Yeah, another noob here to second this affirmation 9_9
What I found the most disturbing with this game is the fact that you don't look where you run and you don't run where you look either. I have long searched for something that would clamp the view angles to the player's body angles, in the config stuff and such, but I couldn't seem to find anything... so I just stopped playing it at the first mission... disappointing

*edit* I move this thread to the FPS gamers forum since it rather belongs there...

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Last edited by Pierre-Marie Baty; 26-01-2004 at 04:05..

Old
  (#3)
threat

Hi Pierre!

It is good to know, that I'm not the only one, who has problems with this game.

It is really not understandable, why they didn't pack a manual or trainings missions to this game. I will search the CDs today - probably there's something hidden on it - main thing, that they packed these "superb" game soundtracks on CD 3... 8D

Also I've registered on the BohemiaInteractive-Forum and encountered an email adress of the CodeMasters Customer Service.

I also searched in Amazon - nothing. Hm, strange - I think, that this game has really potential, since it is no shooter, but a simulation. And I think, that this game would give lots of material for a book author 'bout strategy. I also found out, that this "game" is used by some real military units, in the spare time for training of their leader and strategic skills and in service time for practice units.

Maybe this is the cause for the cult about it - and the more I try, the more I find out how realistic it is. And it plays in a reasonably realistic scenario.
(CS isn't realistic at all - it is pure action! - it has more to do with Paintball than with a real military or Anti-Terror operation... hm, probably I should try Rainbow Six, too?)

So this isn't really comparable with CS, it's not that fast - it's more than Battlefield, but much more realistic.

Old
  (#4)
threat

But nevertheless

I'M STILL IN SEARCH OF A MANUAL!

.oO(This ain't possible - somebody here must have played OF before...)

Old
  (#5)
MC-Timmy-M

Default Re: Operation Flashpoint Manual needed - 08-03-2004

I have got OF, hasnt the CD got the manual on it? or havent u got the CD either? i'll check on my OF CD and if it's on there i'll send it to you.

MC-Timmy-M

Old
  (#6)
Sweeper

Default Re: Operation Flashpoint Manual needed - 09-03-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre-Marie Baty
Yeah, another noob here to second this affirmation 9_9
What I found the most disturbing with this game is the fact that you don't look where you run and you don't run where you look either. I have long searched for something that would clamp the view angles to the player's body angles, in the config stuff and such, but I couldn't seem to find anything... so I just stopped playing it at the first mission... disappointing

*edit* I move this thread to the FPS gamers forum since it rather belongs there...
You obviously either pressed Delete at the numpad or the * at the numpad.
This allows you to look around and run in another direction.

Yup, I play this game a lot, I am now modefying the resistance campaign to a more fun level, anybody ever wanted to run down soviets in a Mammoth Tank from C&C? Or play around with a silenced Sniper rifle?

Old
  (#7)
Infidel

Default Re: Operation Flashpoint Manual needed - 10-03-2004

I've got the original disk with the Gold upgrade.I sniped it at Ebay and it came with a few manuals.I loaded it up and went through the training courses and I must say ??? ,THIS GAME SUCKS A BIG ONE!!!
If anyone is interested,I'll drop both disks and all the manuals in a priority mail box and mail it to any US address if you will send me a $5 money order and promise to never tell anyone that I ever bought this fucking game.How embarrassing. It's all you damn bot coders fault for letting Steam trash Botmans template which killed all my bot servers.This is just one stupid thing I did from boredom after the fact. You assholes!!9_9

Old
  (#8)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel
(snip) ,THIS GAME SUCKS A BIG ONE!!! (snip) You assholes!!
Please moderate your expressions, Infidel. Since you're a newcomer to these forums I'll just remind you our Rules of Conduct, which you have agreed with when you registered your account:
Quote:
8. The use of profanity is tolerated, but is generally discouraged. Consider using abbreviations, or other generally acceptable forms of expressing profanity. Take the time to learn what is acceptable and what is not before posting profanity.
It must be possible for a native english speaker like you to add as much colour and taste as you want to your mother tongue without using such expedients, no ?

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#9)
Sweeper

Well those training missions as a US soldier is not fun.
Anyways, as for editor usage, please tell me what you want to learn, like I said, I ripped open the Resistance campaign, threw in a couple of addons.
Hey, the Russians came, they said hi to my Mammoth Tank! Place your bets on these odds:
"Open Plains, 10x mixed Russian tanks 4x BMP 4x T72 and 3x T-80 VS 1X Mammoth Tank!"
Who won?

Well OFP, something that has me hooked, at the start of resistance campaign, I added a T-90 behind the house.
sounded pretty funny when you waited in the line for the bullet as you heard the T-90 whine from the autoloader.
And more shocked they became when I ran them down with the T-90...

Old
  (#10)
HangFire
Best served chilled

Default Re: Operation Flashpoint Manual needed - 11-03-2004

I have manuals for both OPFP and FP:RES, but I have no scanner so I can't really help you with getting a manual.