Ideas One idea per thread please! :)

New method of waypointing
Old
  (#1)
chelseafc0512

Default New method of waypointing - 11-01-2011

thank you , kwo
i have some new problem
i 'm feeling very dizzy in making waypoint because when waypointing, we must stand at all the waypoints to check the waypoint radius
and it's connections path
is there a way to make waypointing be easier,such as like this :

1. the radius and the connections between all waypoint will always be showed,so that we can fly and detect wrong radius ,wrong connections
without standing at all waypoint
2. when aiming at a waypoint the waypoint and its radius will change the color to notice us it is marking ,and all the waypoint
that connected to it will have different color from the waypoint we aim and all other waypoint

when we want to connect /disconnect ... waypoint 1 with waypoint 2 we can do like this :
1 . aim at a waypoint 1 and type the command that mark a waypoint 1
2 . and aim at other waypoint (waypoint 2) and type command we want (connect/disconnect) ,
it will do the function between the marked waypoint and the waypoint we are aiming at

i have editing navigation mesh for zbots in condition zero ( which works like i said above) and i can do
many maps all day without getting dizzy (because i don't have to stand at all waypoint to check, i just fly and see
if there is wrong area or wrong connection)
but when waypointing, i feel dizzy very much and only works no more than 1-2 hours

would you like to change and is there a way to change this ? it helps me very much

Re: hi , i have some question
Old
  (#2)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: hi , i have some question - 11-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelseafc0512 View Post
1. the radius and the connections between all waypoint will always be showed,so that we can fly and detect wrong radius ,wrong connections
without standing at all waypoint
Some of connections between WPs are one-way connections. There are incoming (to the WP) and outgoing (from the WP) connections. How to show that - which one are incoming and which ones are outgoing, if You aren't atanding at the particular WP?
The radius is calculated automatically when You place the WP, so You don't need to check all of them. You need to check only those on WPs they are placed on some rutes when the bot would fall down if it would use the full range of the radius. If there is a wall nera WP, the radius is calculated so the bot wouldn't bump into the wall.

Quote:
2. when aiming at a waypoint the waypoint and its radius will change the color to notice us it is marking ,and all the waypoint
that connected to it will have different color from the waypoint we aim and all other waypoint

when we want to connect /disconnect ... waypoint 1 with waypoint 2 we can do like this :
1 . aim at a waypoint 1 and type the command that mark a waypoint 1
2 . and aim at other waypoint (waypoint 2) and type command we want (connect/disconnect) ,
it will do the function between the marked waypoint and the waypoint we are aiming at
The same problem - which one is incoming and which one is outgoing path?
BTW - You don't need to type manually any command from the console to add/remove WP/path. All You need is to prepare the special binding for the keyboard which makes the waypointing very easy and fast.
Read this.

Quote:
i have editing navigation mesh for zbots in condition zero ( which works like i said above) and i can do
many maps all day without getting dizzy (because i don't have to stand at all waypoint to check, i just fly and see
if there is wrong area or wrong connection)
but when waypointing, i feel dizzy very much and only works no more than 1-2 hours
The navigation for CZERO bots is completly different way done than the navigation for podbot mm (and other podbot clones), so the Waypointing cannot be comparable - so it cannot be done a similar way.

Re: hi , i have some question
Old
  (#3)
chelseafc0512

Default Re: hi , i have some question - 11-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
Some of connections between WPs are one-way connections. There are incoming (to the WP) and outgoing (from the WP) connections. How to show that - which one are incoming and which ones are outgoing, if You aren't atanding at the particular WP?
actually ,this can be solved ,
for the one way connection , only the connection (outgoing and the outgoing ) be showed when you aim at the waypoint
an the two way connection , it can be choosed it always be show or only the connection of aiming waypoint be showed as i will say following
this is how connection of navigation mesh in zbot appears , i think it is very useful
and the radius of waypoint we are aiming will be showed as different color (in compare with the color of other waypoint's radius)

Quote:
The radius is calculated automatically when You place the WP, so You don't need to check all of them. You need to check only those on WPs they are placed on some rutes when the bot would fall down if it would use the full range of the radius. If there is a wall nera WP, the radius is calculated so the bot wouldn't bump into the wall.
i have to set almost the radius because it seems it is calculated not for all the direction ,if i leave it default ,it takes bots many times to go => more chance of dead (sorry for bad words)

Quote:
The same problem - which one is incoming and which one is outgoing path?
BTW - You don't need to type manually any command from the console to add/remove WP/path. All You need is to prepare the special binding for the keyboard which makes the waypointing very easy and fast.
Read this.
yes, i have binded key( instead of typing command) before
the incoming and outgoing path keeps it colors ( gray for incoming and whie for outgoing) .as i said above ,only one way connections of the waypoint that we aim at be showed
And the two way connections, you can choose
the 2 way connections of all waypoints will be show or only the 2 way connections of aiming waypoint be showed ( i think it is better if it always be showed , or even better you have option menu in game to choose show all 2 way connections or only aiming waypoint

Quote:
The navigation for CZERO bots is completly different way done than the navigation for podbot mm (and other podbot clones), so the Waypointing cannot be comparable - so it cannot be done a similar way.
i think it can be done very simple if this is not the coding problem (sorry i don't know of it),
i think zbot navigation and podbot waypoint are similar
nav area of zbot is similar to waypoint of podbot
and zbot navigation have connections too
i will be happy if it can be done ,thank you

Last edited by chelseafc0512; 11-01-2011 at 15:59..

Re: New method of waypointing
Old
  (#4)
ExAnimo

Default Re: New method of waypointing - 25-10-2011

maybe need make waypoints with method like this plugin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAM3K...layer_embedded