meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Ideas
Ideas One idea per thread please! :)

Zombie Plague mod compatibility
Old
  (#1)
SonicSonedit

Warning Zombie Plague mod compatibility - 27-12-2010

Zombie Plague is the most famous CS 1.6 mod for now (it easily pushed away from the scene such mods like warcraft3FT and gungame) just click Find Server -> Internet and see for yourself.

POD bot works fine with ZP, but there are some bugs:
  1. 1) before round starts, bots are shooting at each other. Is there a possibility to introduce pb_bot_holdfire_delay cvar that will make bot don't shoot for n seconds of game? (it can also be used to make bots don't attack you, which is very usefull for testing, btw)
  2. 2) Can you add a pb_zombie_plague cvar, that will make following changes:
  • sometimes when zombie (terror) gets close to human (CT) bot, human bot moves, keeping safe distance while shooting (and that's AWESOME), but sometimes human bot takes a knife and attacks, lol. human (CT) bot should NEVER use a knife.
  • in ZP mod, CT (human) bot must NEVER leave a camping waypoint.
  • in ZP mod, T (zombie) bot must NEVER camp, only rush to the CT'S (Humans) locations.
  • in ZP mod, camp waypoints must be more important.
  • in ZP mod, once T bot (zombie bot) sees a human, it remembers it's location and also tells all other zombie bots to rush there. If human leaves this location, the information about location is reseted.
  • in ZP mod, bots should not care about any task, the CT's bots should camp, the T's should rush to CT's. They should rush non-stop and know where CT's are if at least any of T's bot seen CT's bot.

Can you please make these options?

Re: Zombie Plague mod compatibility
Old
  (#2)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Zombie Plague mod compatibility - 27-12-2010

1. http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=8087 - this ZP plugin problem, not podbot mm. It has to make transfer of player to the other team a bit different way, so bots can notice who is in which team without being confused.
2. No more cvars - especially just only for some mod. The bot has to be universal.
a) I think I can check if the enemy is zombie, so the bot-human shouldn't use the knife (without any extra cvar).
b) if the zombie is too close - the bot SHOULD leave the camp waypoint (otherwise the camping bot-human has no chance to survie).
c) Bot-zombie really shouldn't camp, but I have to check how about other zombie mods - if that is common for all those mods, I can make it also so without any cvar.
d) That I have to check also with other zombie mods - more than likely I can check somehow there is any zombie mod active on the server to do it so (then I don't need to add any extra cvar again).
e) there is a task - "Bot hunts an enemy" - probably - if the bot is a zombie - this task can have longer timer to expire and also higher priority (no need extra cvar).
f) That would need to significantly change the whole task system, so You can forget about this feature.

From that what I could see while playing Zombie Plague - bots didn't behave very bad. I would even say - as for bots - their game playing was acceptable for me. I believe there might be some users they aren't satisfied, but it's always so - bots are bots only...

Old
  (#3)
SonicSonedit

Default Re: Zombie Plague mod compatibility - 28-12-2010

1)
Quote:
It has to make transfer of player to the other team a bit different way, so bots can notice who is in which team without being confused.
The Zombie Plague mod and bot works it should be - it's that just round starts n seconds later in this mod (so humans have some time to hide), still i can make the plugin that blocks user's fire if user is bot, but how can i make the bot ignore player from opposite team for n seconds of round?

2) ok
a) That would be great! This mod has some forwards/natives
b) In most cases there is no escape routes, sadly. anyway, bots right now a trying to keep distance (until they use a knife, lol) so human bot should just move back if there any free space/waypoints (and then probably find his way back to camp waypoint where it camped). What i mean is not leaving a camp waypoint over time and for any goals (like help someone or going hunting)
c)
Quote:
I have to check how about other zombie mods - if that is common for all those mods, I can make it also so without any cvar.
Most of zombie mods work this way, but some servers have zombie respawn switched off (zp_deathmatch 0), so it depend's on server's settings, not just mod itself. But anyway, that would be really better if they would not camp. Otherwise game becomes something like "who will get bored first" - zombies waiting on one side of barricade and humans on other.
d) ok!
e) That's probably the solution!
f) ok

Quote:
From that what I could see while playing Zombie Plague - bots didn't behave very bad. I would even say - as for bots - their game playing was acceptable for me. I believe there might be some users they aren't satisfied, but it's always so - bots are bots only...
That's right, major bugs are mostly zombies camping and humans using knifes and leaving camp waypoints...also zombies sometimes stand still for no reason (it looks like zombie bot targets a human that he can't reach (pathfinding fails because way is blocked by other players/etc) and stands still waiting for path to be found) ignoring when you shoot him, until a certain human comes near it, then it attacks.

Thank you very much for your answer!

Old
  (#4)
SonicSonedit

Default Re: Zombie Plague mod compatibility - 23-01-2011

Thanks for zombie fix in new beta!