.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Bug Reports
Bug Reports Post any bug you experience with the latest release of this bot here

Podbot just wont work!
Old
  (#1)
Snukkie

Default Podbot just wont work! - 02-02-2009

HI, I've been busy with trying to get podbot work in AMX X for days now and it just wont work. In my plugins.ini in metamod i have
win32 addons\podbot\podbot_mm.dll. My libilist.gam is normal, just for metamod. this is what it says on end in libilist.gam.
//gamedll "dlls\mp.dll"
//gamedll_linux "dlls/cs_i386.so"
trainmap "tr_1"
gamedll "addons\metamod\dlls\metamod.dll"
gamedll_linux "addons/metamod/dlls/metamod_i386.so"

I've installed the AMX x for noobs.
Then i installed Podbot and put in in my Cstrike folder
i added the win32 addons\podbot\podbot_mm.dll. to the ini in the metamod file. Now it supose to work, but then it says bad file in Meta list in game.

What to do ?? i tried eveyrthing on the internet to find out, and tried every1 method people gave me so far, and everytime same mistake???

what does this mean, ill be back again in around 5 - 6 hours !

gr,

Snukkie

Re: Podbot just wont work!
Old
  (#2)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Podbot just wont work! - 02-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snukkie View Post
I've installed the AMX x for noobs.
Then i installed Podbot and put in in my Cstrike folder
i added the win32 addons\podbot\podbot_mm.dll. to the ini in the metamod file. Now it supose to work, but then it says bad file in Meta list in game.
podbot has to be installed in addons folder, not in the main cstrike folder.
Read again this topic.

Old
  (#3)
Snukkie

Hehe, that might just fix it, ill try it right away when i am home, and i read the readme and stuff million times, but never saw it say that u have to put podbot in ur addons folder. But thanks dude!

Old
  (#4)
Snukkie

Uhhm.. u said i had to put podbot in the addon file in cstrike, well i did and it has the mm.dll in the podbot file and i put it in cstrike aswell, i also tried with the mm.dll in the podbot folder only. then i put win32 addons/podbot/podbot_mm.dll in the plugins.ini file. Well this should be good, then i start up CS 1.6 with steam, and then i make a server, but it wont load, the loading screen stays empty. how the ....

so this is what i did!!
1. Installed AMX X for noobs
2. Added podbot to Addons
3. put win32 addons/podbot/podbot_mm.dll in plugins.ini
4. Start up Counterstrike , nothin happens when i make server, it crashes.

What did i do wrong?

First install podbot? or?
PS: Only the codes for AMX and metamod are in the Liblist.gam file, do i have to add podbot line there too?

help me please!

Old
  (#5)
Ancient
PodBot MM's Laziest Waypointer

To make the easiest install I would recomend install Podbot MM All in One.
Just extract to your cstrike folder and your liblist.gam will be overwritten and everything will be placed properly. http://filebase.bots-united.com/inde...on=file&id=222

However, your liblist.gam should have the line game_dll addons/metamod/dll/metamod.dll
instead of game_dll dll/cstrike.dll

There is a manual on manual installation. Maybe check it out.
http://podbotmm.bots-united.com/doc_...m_install.html

[Web Designer][Waypointer][Gamer]
CFE Games Administrator
[CFE]Games.com
[Never Trust the Untrusted]

Old
  (#6)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snukkie View Post
Hehe, that might just fix it, ill try it right away when i am home, and i read the readme and stuff million times, but never saw it say that u have to put podbot in ur addons folder. But thanks dude!
Really?It clearly says that:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
To install metamod You need to do this:
(...)
8. Download Full pack podbot mm V3Build15c from here
and extract it to Your addons directory. You have to see these directories after extracting:
...\cstrike\addons\podbot (and some subdirectories here...)
...\cstrike\addons\metamod\dlls
I would suggest You to read it million first time (just once more), but slowly and carefully, to better understand what is stated there and to find out what You are doing wrong.
If You want to install All-In-One package, You can read this topic.

Old
  (#7)
Snukkie

Default Re: Podbot just wont work! - 03-02-2009

Man, this is just ridicilous!!!
I tried http://podbotmm.bots-united.com/doc_...m_install.html
as an installation helper... i tried everything what they said there, and it still doesn't work.. i get the feeling i am downloading the wrong podbot.. my podbot zip file is called podbot_full_v3b20a..

I installed it just like the website says.
1. Install CS1.6 for steam
2. download Podbot and metamod
3. make the files: addons, metamod and dlls.
4. Add metamod.dll in the dlls file.
5. Add podbot to the addons file.
6. Put win32 addons/podbot/podbot_mm.dll in the plugins.ini
7. Open liblist.gam and replace gamedll "dlls\mp.dll" for gamedll "addons\metamod\dlls\metamod.dll"
8. Check Launch options in steam, and it was empty.
Didnt work, so i tried addin -dll addons/metamod/dlls/metamod.dll in launch options, and didnt show any difference.

Well this all should be correct according to the website, only 1 thing is different. On the website it says to download podbot_full_V3_BXY.zip and i have podbot_full_v3b20a, and the podbot file they are implying isn't there...

This is really starting to get annoying, i ain't a miracle with computers, but never had so much hustle with cs before... normally it just works..

THanks for helping so far, but still ain't working so, i would appreciate some more help

By the way, everytime i get on the same site to download the full stuff of podbot amx and everything, but i cant find the all in one file anywhere, can any list what names i should click to find the all in one , sorry if i such an anoying ..... , but i dont have much time to struggle with my computer right now, study is being a real pain, so would appreciate a little bit of help

Old
  (#8)
Snukkie

Default Re: Podbot just wont work! - 03-02-2009

I am getting nuts, i dont know which to download anymore

HEEELLP!!!

Old
  (#9)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Podbot just wont work! - 04-02-2009

The All-In-One package is here. The installation is different - You just need to download the zip file to Your server PC and extract all the crap into the main cstrike (or czero - depanding of the mod You are playing) folder. Yes - all-in-one needs to be installed in cstrike/czero folder (unlike it was for the fullpack). It comes with metamod, AMXX and podbot mm.

Old
  (#10)
frostiebek

Default Re: Podbot just wont work! - 04-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
The All-In-One package is here. The installation is different - You just need to download the zip file to Your server PC and extract all the crap into the main cstrike (or czero - depanding of the mod You are playing) folder. Yes - all-in-one needs to be installed in cstrike/czero folder (unlike it was for the fullpack). It comes with metamod, AMXX and podbot mm.
Hi, I am trying to get the All-In-One 3.1 package working on my cstrike 1.5 win32 installation but I am experiencing the same crash than the one reported above.

It seems to directly come from POD-Bot mm since hlds.exe is crashing just after displaying "Creating bot...". I have some programming skills, maybe I could help to find out the source of the problem if you could tell me how to get a detailled report of the crash

Anyway, thanks for your work : POD-Bot are fully functionnals when not used with AMX/MM and allowed me to have very sweet parties when my server had not enough human players