.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Common Questions
Common Questions Are you seeking help ? Get it here !

PodBot very high CPU
Old
  (#1)
mattisbogus

Default PodBot very high CPU - 19-08-2009

KWo & those associated, you all have made such a great bot guys... but now I have finally got to the root of my problem finally fixed. After so many hours of trying to figure out what could be causing the amount of lag/high pings my users were experiencing, I think I have finally found the problem.

For some reason the newest versions of PB just uses way to much CPU, or it's some other issue, but after trying older versions of PB the problem has gone.

I am currently using V3.0 18B without any ping issues. The moment I load the newer versions pings skyrocket.

Although I would rather run the very latest of PB, it just isn't possible.

Intel Pent. D 3.0Ghz
Windows OS
1GB Ram
2k upload
21 slot server.
and rates adjusted accordingly to my upload.

I hope reporting this could possibly help in a way to improve podbot. After reading a few posts on the forum about YaPB using less CPU then podbot, I decided to start trying different versions. So it might not only be just a problem for me Gl all.

Re: PodBot very high CPU
Old
  (#2)
RR99i

Default Re: PodBot very high CPU - 14-11-2009

Right now, I'm using podbot_mm v3B20e, and getting high CPU usage. Here are my system specs:

Windows XP Home Edition
Pentium 4 HT 3.0GHz
2GB PC3200 RAM
ATI Radeon X700 PCI Express

It seems, not sure if it's podbot_mm or not. But when running my server and joining it, I have my first logical processor on my P4 is at 100%, my second logical processor is around 10-15% usage. I know I never had this problem before when running my server and joining it. The bots freeze and I seem to be lagging around the map.

Old
  (#3)
mattisbogus

That's so strange because I was trying to work with KWo to figure out what could be causing the problem by trying out all different kinds of builds, and the results I got were not very good, most of the builds caused me lag while a very small amount worked ok.

Now after KWo coming out with v3B20e I don't seem to experience the lag that I did in other builds, and also these new features are really nice for the bots not getting stuck. They do sometimes get stuck but it was just a pain before, when all the bots would do is back up and retry sometimes causing and endless loop. Also the feature to use a different WP if a bot/player is using a WP is really nice, it helps to avoid stuck bots.

I'm sorry I'm not sure why it's lagging for you.

Old
  (#4)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR99i View Post
Right now, I'm using podbot_mm v3B20e, and getting high CPU usage.
How many bots You have there? No matter which map (big/small) You have that high CPU usage?

Old
  (#5)
RR99i

Default Re: PodBot very high CPU - 16-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
How many bots You have there? No matter which map (big/small) You have that high CPU usage?
I did have 15 bots, but now I'm down to 5, and still get lag. Every map produces this lag. I forget the last build that didn't do this.

Old
  (#6)
RR99i

Default Re: PodBot very high CPU - 25-11-2009

After a little time trying to figure it out. I know that my dedicated server alone, doesn't eat up 100% CPU. Now, when I do join my server, that's where my Pentium 4's CPU0 goes to 100%. My CPU1 stays around 15-20%.