.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Bug Reports
Bug Reports Post any bug you experience with the latest release of this bot here

Bots running in slow-motion.
Old
  (#1)
woot woot

Default Bots running in slow-motion. - 19-08-2006

Ok, this is bugging the heck out of me. I bought a server, a really nice one, and copied the files from my dedicated over to the server. I installed pb the way you're suppose to. It runs perfectly fine until I add in a bot and wait for them to run. When they run, they run like so slowly, slow motion. It's faster than walk.. and when they jump, then seem to float slowly and then down. o.o

I am running on a windows server with AMXX 1.75a, Booster, and StatsMe.

I have done the following:

Turned off amxx. Only pb, booster, and statsme running.
Turned off amxx and booster. Only pb and statsme running.
Turned off amxx, booster, and statsme. Only pb running by itself.
The results are the same. They still run slow.

I also tried running it with the Metamod 1.19p28 and original Metamod 1.19. Still the same result.

I have the latest files from the filebase since I update everytime KWo has a new beta coming out. I've contacted my host, but it seems to him that I'm the only one with that problem because other clients with bots are running them fine with all plugins on. What's the problem? I've tried a lot of things.

Re: Bots running in slow-motion.
Old
  (#2)
[NvT]_KaszpiR_

Default Re: Bots running in slow-motion. - 19-08-2006

what operating system (the more details the better, OS, hardware etc)
disable stastme
disable booster
use metamod 1.19

aos note:
on first map load/bot add the server calculates visibility, it should take up to 1 minute, then they shoudl worn properly

Old
  (#3)
noonoo

Default Re: Bots running in slow-motion. - 25-09-2006

I have just updated to V3 and also have slow running bots on our dedicated server but the older bot were fine (R2B46d) if anything sometimes too fast like speedhack but only once in a while. On my dedicated server at home (for testing) they (V3) run at normal speed.

Now on my home server its all standard install including sys_ticrate but on our dedicated sys_ticrate is set at 1000, so i tried lowering it and the lower it went the faster they ran untill normal speed was reached. This probably explains why the older bots looked like they sometimes had speedhack as i used a ping booster so sys_tic was constantly changing although now with V3 i no longer use a booster just media player and a sys_tic set to 1000.

I want to keep my sys_ticrate as high as poss for my fps but also have the bots run standard speed.

XEON 2.8
1GB EEC RAM

Windows Server 2003
AMXX 1.76
Metamod 1.19p28

Counter Strike 1.6

Thanks for any help in advance

Old
  (#4)
noonoo

I reinstalled Booster 2.40 as it manages fps / sys_ticrate better. When the server does not have many players the sys_ticrate is lower to maintain the fps i want and this seems to have fixed my bot prob they seem for now to run at normal speed. I only have 4 bots so could not say if this would still be true on a busy server when the sys_ticrate would go up to maintain fps.

Hope this helps, thanks

Old
  (#5)
Ancient
PodBot MM's Laziest Waypointer

I only notice this slow-mow thing when I am in spectating mode and there are about 20 Bots on the server, this is when I see the slow-mow, but it doesn't stay constant slow. Just a little bit when round restarts.

[Web Designer][Waypointer][Gamer]
CFE Games Administrator
[CFE]Games.com
[Never Trust the Untrusted]

Old
  (#6)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Bots running in slow-motion. - 26-09-2006

@woot woot and @noonoo - try to take the latest beta V3 Build 15d from filebase and check if this is working with Your booster correctly. Also mm 1.19 (original) is recommended. The fullpack is not updated, because I need to know if this binary is working better. Don't use StatsMe if You are using AMX X (it has the functionality to collect stats, too - no need to use StatsMe anymore).

Old
  (#7)
noonoo

Default Re: Bots running in slow-motion. - 27-09-2006

Hi, at the moment i am using V3 build 15c and with the amxx and metamod i mentioned above the bots work great. The booster keeps the sys_ticrate around 260 and fps to around the 250 mark. The problem i had was with a sys_ticrate above 300-350 the bots ran slower and between 500-1000 the ran in slow motion.

I will try the update and report back

Old
  (#8)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Bots running in slow-motion. - 27-09-2006

I think You cannot get working bots with booster above 250 fps... Just phisical limitation of time amount the bot shuold have on the server to work correctly. The minimum value of time needed by the function responsible for bots movement is 1msec (0.001 sec), so to get smooth movement You need to have frame time at least 5 times grater - so the minimum frame time is - 0.005s. To calculate the max fps You just need to calculate 1/min_frame_time -> 1/0.005 = 200. Above that value You may expect some stupid things as speedhacks of bots or their slow motion.

Old
  (#9)
noonoo

Default Re: Bots running in slow-motion. - 02-10-2006

Hi m8 i have been running V3 Build 15d and so far they are working fine with no probs at all.

For me it seems to get them to run at a normal speed the fps has to really stay around 250. I started to notice a slowdown from 300+ fps and the higher the fps the slower they ran.

The server we use is windows maybe it will be a little different for linux.

Anyway keep up the good work its nice to see they are still being developed and i will keep checking for updates as i see you might be considering making them have the option to auto waypoint.

Thanks, noonoo