.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Enhancement Workshop > (mEAn) Bot.Admin Mod / ServerLoader > (mEAn) Bot.Admin Mod Help
(mEAn) Bot.Admin Mod Help Need Help? Ask questions in here

bugs in nextmap and autobalancebots
Old
  (#1)
gwzero
[G*W] Clan Leader

Default bugs in nextmap and autobalancebots - 29-09-2006

This thing is driving me nuts.

First off, mean still says the incorrect map when it announces the nextmap. I've tried everything an it looks to me like its a bug because it always says the first map it the mapcycle.

Secoundly, the bot balance is acting up big time. The autobalancebots is set to "on 2 16 2" with max humans of 8, a total server limit of 24, autoteambalance off, and humansvsbots with the bots on Terrorists. That works fine untill we get 3 to 5 human players on the server. At that point the bots start to just flood the server as spectators. It starts with only 1 bot that fails to join the T's, then another trys, and so on and so on untill they fill past the maxbots limt and up to the servers limit. changing the autobalancebots ratio above a 2 can also cause this to happen.

I need to know a fix for the autobalancebots ASAP, It has a tendency to overload the memory and crash the server (the server only has 256MB of ram and it normaly runs at 244MB with a full server of 16 bots and 8 humans). please help.

Re: bugs in nextmap and autobalancebots
Old
  (#2)
galloop

Default Re: bugs in nextmap and autobalancebots - 29-09-2006

ok here is what you do. turn off the server. disconnect all the cords. put it into a box and send it to Ethiopia. People there might need a comador64. Go to http://mammothgames.com and get a real server. The one you are using can't even run the Counter-Strike Client. Why are you attempting to run a server? I highly doubt you had 8 people on that unless you are wrong about how much memory it has. Remember you are running counter-Strike, not pong. Read the system requirements and when your system meets the minimum requirements, post again.

Re: bugs in nextmap and autobalancebots
Old
  (#3)
gwzero
[G*W] Clan Leader

Default Re: bugs in nextmap and autobalancebots - 07-10-2006

Hey when your working with no budget theres not very many options. I did try running it on my gaming computer with the same results (it has just under a gig of ram). The problem is not in the hardware at all, I never had a problem with it untill I added mean.
The server ran 24/7 for a full year as a no lag, 24 person server (no bots) without a single problem. The only reason it has been reduced to an 8 person server is because it's been relocated (temporarily) and it's only internet connection is a crappy dsl.

And by the way, with the right setup, I could probably make a comador64 run a halfway decent server.