.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > HPB_bot
HPB_bot The trusty good ole mechs by botman HLDMTFCOpposing ForceDMCFront Line Force

Bots & CS 1.6 & Steam
Old
  (#1)
formerpodbot2.5user

Default Bots & CS 1.6 & Steam - 02-02-2004

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody knows which of the existing bots actually runs on CS 1.6 & Steam.
I got akimbot running today after I extracted mp.dll from the counterstrike.gcf file, but the game starts to lag after a while until it's quite a single lag some rounds later. Maybe this is due to a early version of the bot or something.

Still I'd like to know which bots you know run with the current version of CS 1.6 and Steam smoothly.

Thanks!

Re: Bots & CS 1.6 & Steam
Old
  (#2)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

Default Re: Bots & CS 1.6 & Steam - 02-02-2004

Running in steam smoothly is difficult due the frequent changes in steam. However, i know the following bots work for sure:

HPB_Bot
RealBot
RACC

Author of RealBot, "Arrakis" and "Dune 2 - The Maker" | co-Founder of Bots-United | Fundynamic | Blog | E-Mail me

Old
  (#3)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Default Re: Bots & CS 1.6 & Steam - 02-02-2004

RACC does ? lol, it was not supposed to

IvPBot does.
NiceBot too (if you can handle an installer in Russian)

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#4)
formerpodbot2.5user

Default Re: Bots & CS 1.6 & Steam - 03-02-2004

Well, now that I've tested most of the bots, I've come to this:

akimbot works, starts to lag

hpb_bot works, is really not aware of the map(this might be caused through missing waypoint-files ;P )

nicebot is quite hard to get, I tried 1.0 and 1.2 and both crash, the former when I start cs(not compatible with 1.6 or steam), the latter when it tries to add bots to a running game.

Realbot has nice and easy installation procedures as well as a working activation/deactivation-system. Still the bots seem to have some difficulties with edges over their heads, they seem to think a lot about the terrorist spawn point on de_cbble and they tend to like to follow the steps of another bot(reminded me of a german expression "Entenmarsch" == duck march or something, non-idiomatic)

IvPBot seems to work and wasn't hard to install or I just forgot about that...It reminds me of PODBOTs. I'll probably stick to it, although it lacks the "botdontshoot" feature which is rather nice, since the bots are better practice targets than with jasonmode activated, because they do not have a slightly different hitbox due to their knife being activated and do not jump around to avoid my shots, which human players with guns don't do either.
I could imagine to try and add that option somehow out of the sourcecode of one of the other bots but I believe I will fail since I can't code and will have difficulty compiling the stuff.

I haven't spent a lot of time with RACC(I was tired), so I just tried once or twice to run it and I wasn't successful. Might be possible to get it running - I don't know for sure and my spirit is gone.

I can't remember but I believe some bot lacked the endround feature. I'm not too sure about that, might be the fact that I couldn't give HPB_bot any commands or something.

CU

Old
  (#5)
formerpodbot2.5user

Or maybe there's a way to change the behaviour of RealBot when in "rb_botdontshoot 1"-mode!? Maybe through the bot-personalities.

Old
  (#6)
formerpodbot2.5user

On my way through these sites I read the stuff on the RACC-site about AI and enjoyed that quite a lot. It's a good read. I was reminded about some stuff I've read before about visual intelligence as well as neruonal nets. Thought I wouldn't remember anything about those books