.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Common Questions
Common Questions Are you seeking help ? Get it here !

Re: pb menu doesn't work
Old
  (#91)
Philp

Default Re: pb menu doesn't work - 02-12-2007

I got that problem to, i've read everything here.. and probably i does not understand

Want this questions answears:
I should write:

rcon_password "MYRCONPASSWORD"
then...
rcon "pb_passwordkey" "_pbadminpw"
then...
rcon "pb_password" "asdf"
then...
setinfo "_pbadminpw" "asdf"

in my console (in-game)? and did you sad i didnt even have to do that? i have write down the setinfo and binded key in the config.cfg file inside my \My_Acc\Counter-Strike\cstrike folder and the pb_passwordkey and pb_password in my podbot files.

i have changed my passwordkey and password in my podbot.cfg maps (2 of them) one in Steam\SteamApps\My_Acc\dedicated server\cstrike\addons\podbot and one other in Steam\SteamApps\My_Acc\dedicated server\cstrike\addons\podbot\pod_v3 docs\files\configs so it looks like this but i've removed the passwords ofc:

# passwordkey - need set as setinfo to get access to main podbot menu
# usage (in below example You may need to write Your-own passwordkey instead
# _pbadminpw - if You changed the default setting for it):
# setinfo _pbadminpw "your_password"
pb_passwordkey ""

# Set the password to have access to podbot menu on DS by 'pb menu'
# console command typed in client's admin PC or called from the binded key.
# Example of bind on Your client PC:
# bind "=" "pb menu"
pb_password ""

I've restart both CS and my Dedicated Server... but it still says unknown command: pb (in-game CS) only works from the Dedicated server, BUT! its very hard to make Waypoints and such things from my Dedicated server, right?
should i maybe try remove the # infront of bind and setinfo in my podbot.cfg and only change the bind to . and write my password in setinfo?

im really stuck
what should i do without you guys?

EDIT:
if you wonder, i use:

] pb_version
"pb_version" is "3.0B18c"

Last edited by Philp; 02-12-2007 at 17:48..

Old
  (#92)
Philp

Angry Re: pb menu doesn't work - 02-12-2007

Forget about it, i made it! all i had to do was writing setinfo _pbadminpw "passwordhere" with my password in-game

weard is that i've done that before, but anyway.. it works! i come back if i get any issues.. or maybe if anyone needs help with this issues!! happy christmas everybody XD

Old
  (#93)
Ohman!

Default Re: pb menu doesn't work - 14-12-2008

Hi, iam having the same problem with the amx_pbmenu not working. The line in the podbot.cfg looks fine here it is:

Quote:
# passwordkey - need set as setinfo to get access to the main podbot menu.
# usage (in the below example You may need to write Your-own passwordkey
# string instead default _pbadminpw - if You changed it):
# setinfo _pbadminpw "your_password"
pb_passwordkey "_pbadminpw"

# Set the password to have access to the podbot menu on DS by 'pb menu'
# console command typed in client's admin PC or called from the binded key.
# Example of bind on Your client PC:
# bind "=" "pb menu"
pb_password "your_password"
Although I do have a dedicated server THAT I AM PAYING FOR so it is not running on my desktop, and I was not able to find the autoexec.cfg anywhere.

I read the first couple of posts that say i should set a password, but I do not see how that will help me because when I type in amx_pbmenu in the councel nothing will come up it will say unknown command. and if I do set a pasword would I have to set it in the autoexec.cfg aswell? and how would I enter it in the game once I start playing on my server?... sorry I don't understand all this.

Old
  (#94)
Ohman!

Default Re: pb menu doesn't work - 14-12-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philp View Post
Forget about it, i made it! all i had to do was writing setinfo _pbadminpw "passwordhere" with my password in-game

weard is that i've done that before, but anyway.. it works! i come back if i get any issues.. or maybe if anyone needs help with this issues!! happy christmas everybody XD
oh! help me please!!! =] what do I have to do and change?

Old
  (#95)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: pb menu doesn't work - 15-12-2008

You are mixing 2 menus as one, that's why You don't understand how to get it working...
amx_pbmenu is the command coming from AMX X plugin amxx_podbotmenu. To get the access fot the menu coming from this plugin You need to have ADMIN_MENU rights in amxmodx\configs\users.ini (so basically You have to have AMX X running on the server and this plugin installed to have the chance get working amx_pbmenu command).
This topic we are in it right now is basically dedicated to "pb menu" command, which invokes the build-in the bot dll/so menu to control/handle bots. "pb menu" is a client console command, so it shouldn't be called as any "rcon" command. If On Your client's PC autoexec.cfg file doesn't exist, just create as text fle the new one with all this stuff You were reading before. If You don't have time to read the whole topic (all posts in it) to understand how to get "pb menu" command working, I don't have time to write 100 time the same wheat I was writing here already.

Last edited by KWo; 15-12-2008 at 11:50..

Old
  (#96)
Ohman!

Default Re: pb menu doesn't work - 15-12-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
You are mixing 2 menus as one, that's why You don't understand how to get it working...
amx_pbmenu is the command coming from AMX X plugin amxx_podbotmenu. To get the access fot the menu coming from this plugin You need to have ADMIN_MENU rights in amxmodx\configs\users.ini (so basically You have to have AMX X running on the server and this plugin installed to have the chance get working amx_pbmenu command).
This topic we are in it right now is basically dedicated to "pb menu" command, which invokes the build-in the bot dll/so menu to control/handle bots. "pb menu" is a client console command, so it shouldn't be called as any "rcon" command. If On Your client's PC autoexec.cfg file doesn't exist, just create as text fle the new one with all this stuff You were reading before. If You don't have time to read the whole topic (all posts in it) to understand how to get "pb menu" command working, I don't have time to write 100 time the same wheat I was writing here already.
What to you mean "Your client's PC"... is that refering to my PC? I have a autoexec.cfg file in my valve folder in my steamapps on my desktop but its empty, and its no where else to be located so I don't know what to put in it, and where would I save it to on my dedicated server if I was to make a new one? ... and if I do this it should work?

Old
  (#97)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: pb menu doesn't work - 16-12-2008

The box PC You are paying for renting it it's Your dedicated server. You are running the CS on it and You have all settings there for the user access (for example podbot.cfg in addons\podbot folder and the section about passwords; users.ini for AMX X in addons\amxmodx\configs folder).
To manage CS during the game You need to connect from another PC (in this case it's more thank likely Your home's PC). Any PC using data shared by the server is called a "client". So on the client PC (Your home PC You are trying to connect the rented dedicated server from) in folder ...SteamApps\counter-strike\cstrike or ...SteamApps\condition zero\czero You should have the file called autoexec.cfg (if it doesn't exist - just create it by notepad - it's a txt file). If You have everything there and You still have troubles with access to "pb menu" or "amx_pbmenu" command, open the file config.cfg (placed in the same folder) and find the same lines in it like in autoexec.cfg You wrote. If they didn't come there, just add them manually by notepad (config.cfg should contain "setinfo" lines with passwords You want to send to the server to get the access on it after joining it).

Old
  (#98)
Fixer

Default Re: pb menu doesn't work - 06-02-2009

I've just installed CS 1.6 full v6 + patch 35 (4156/p47) and i can't launch game with pb mm (and yapb too). When I press Start Game hl.exe crashes.

Also, this release is using steamemu.

Old
  (#99)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: pb menu doesn't work - 06-02-2009

CS1.6 no-steam is not supported.

Old
  (#100)
kevinflavel

Default Re: pb menu doesn't work - 17-04-2009

Hello guys, i was wondering if any1 can help me im running a HLDS i installed pod-bot into puglins.ini, went into my server typed amx_pbmenu it poped up but the add bots won't add any bots to my server. Can any1 plz help me??

Thhankk yoou for your timee.

Last edited by kevinflavel; 17-04-2009 at 11:45.. Reason: error