.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Forge of Digital Worlds > Mapping > HL Engine Mapping
HL Engine Mapping Maps for the Half-Life engine Half-Life

cs_robbery error message (map doesn't work)
Old
  (#1)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Default cs_robbery error message (map doesn't work) - 14-04-2004

Hello guys!

I'm not really sure if this is the place to post such kind of stuff, because it's not strictly about mapping. However, it's map-related (I hope), and I don't know where else to post.
Here's my problem: When I want to run cs_robbery on my computer, I get this error message:

"missing frame 0 of +1laser1fall",

and cs crashes. Does anybody know this problem or have a solution to it? This one really p*sses me off, because once this map worked, and I liked it a lot! (Originally, it never worked. Then, after an OS reinstall, it worked. After the next reinstall it didn't). ??? WTF...?

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.

Re: cs_robbery error message (map doesn't work)
Old
  (#2)
Hot-Doc

Default Re: cs_robbery error message (map doesn't work) - 14-04-2004

Hi BKA-TWRECKS:

Sorry if this is not very helpful but there are really a lot of different versions of cs_robbery out there. Some betas newer than the old final version a newer final without the Suffix "final" to it and so on. I never managed to find out which version was the real latest official final (although I must admit that I last searched 2 years ago...)

Just looked into my archives (got 5 of cs_robbery) My newest map is dated 20.01.2001 and called beta3. The development of this map must have been somehow really weird...9_9

Are you sure you always used the same map version or didn't autoloaded another while playing online?

Do you have all mdl files present? Or perhaps non corresponding model- and bsp-files?

Even if this was not helpful a link to your newest version would be very interesting to me (at least regarding your awaited waypoint-pack )!

Old
  (#3)
>BKA< T Wrecks

Dammit, your post IS helpful !! I plainly didn't know there were so many versions around! 99% of them are called cs_robbery, so there's no telling which one it is. Mine's from April, 10, 2000, and it's a 2,48 MB file (2,603,404 byte, to be exact). I don't rememer if I one had a different version, but it's the only thing that makes sense to me. So you suggest I d/l some cs_robberies and just try until I find one that works, or do you happen to know something like a cs_robbery_final that worked perfectly?
Well, as soon as I have a working version, I'll be happy to look at my old WP file and see if I can fix it up or make a new one. But wait, didn't SoUlFaThEr say somewhere that he wanted to waypoint it?
But to make the waiting time a little shorter, try this cs_futurcom waypoint file I made - the map didn't make it into the WP pack after all (due to the stuck hostage), but since you liked the map so much, this might be interesting for you anyway... a little sample, hehe...
Attached Files
File Type: zip pb26mm_wp_cs_futurcom.zip (12.8 KB, 372 views)

Old
  (#4)
SoUlFaThEr

yes, my cs_robbery loads fine and i was going to do this for Austins server so you can let it go.

do de_outrage, cuz i cant load that anymore for some reason.

Old
  (#5)
>BKA< T Wrecks

Yes, sir! Ok, de_outrage goes into our first WP pack, right? In that case, I'll start tonight...

Old
  (#6)
Hot-Doc

Thank you very much for offering your futurecom waypoint for download! Since I have little time this week I'm looking forward to playing with it next weekend. Will give you some feedback on your "sample" then.