.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Help with crashes...
Old
  (#1)
makedonija77

Default Help with crashes... - 19-08-2006

When I start Fritzbot, I get the menu. When I go for to start a game, I get other menus such as Advanced and Fritzbot. In the Fritzbot menu, there is the min and max bots thing, which is 2 and 32. I found out how to override the 32 bots, but there's a problem there.

I write /g_maxbots 50, for example, for a maximum of 50 bots. Let's say I have with me 16 players per team, which is a total of 32 players, or uh 31 bots plus one player --- me.

I have the 50 max bots enabled, but now let's say I want to go over 32 and add more bots till I get to 50.

I use the command /addbot and ET freezes up, then crashes to my desktop and I get the usual error message from microsoft which tells me the problem had to close etc etc etc and I can debug(don't know what this is), send error or don't send error.

Well, basiclly my point is that ET/Fritzbot crashes to my desktop when I try to go over the 32 limit...

Is this a natural thing or can it be fixed???

If I can fix it, then please tell me how.

If I can't fix it, then I know there is no more releases supposed to be released but there are like more than 50 default bots on a list and I can only add about 32 of them, so can anyone find the time, if not Maleficus himself, to fix this???

By the way, Omni Bot sucks --- bots are too hard. Bobot sucks --- hardly adds any bots to different classes. Fritzbot is the best, bots are costumizable, they're smart and they can voice talk, they can basiclly do every basic thing in ET that people can do, and voice talk can sometimes get annoying when there are 10 bots saying 'Heal Me' or 'I Need A Medic' at a rate of 2-3 sayings per second...

Maleficus, great job buddy this is the best ET bot ever.

I know you don't have the time to work on it everyday cause you've got a life, job and family you need to be with, so I don't ask much from you...

But from anyone here with some programming skills that can add some stuff in the mean time or fix bugs or whatever, that would be great. You don't have to make a special installer for that but just slightly modify the files and show us.

I can't do this by myself, I have no programming experiance what so ever. I wish to make my own games some day but I'm just too lazy and besides, I don't give a crap about my future so what are the chances of it...

I don't even know how to make a game from a tutorial given to me --- I downloaded this free game making program, I tried the tutorial and still screwed up the game --- I followed step by step but prolly did something wrong and then my objective --- which is supposed to move around, when I clicked on it --- it appeared in another spot --- kinda stupid I got a tutorial wrong --- same with some games --- I get stuck and have to look up what to do next in a walkthrough and still can't figure out what to do, and then after a few minutes of playtime I then find out what to do --- even though it was right infront of my eyes all along...

Ah nvm is there a way to add all of the bots on the list rather than 32 of them???

Litarally not all of the bots, but a larger number than 32...

Re: Help with crashes...
Old
  (#2)
Boosted

Default Re: Help with crashes... - 19-08-2006

more than 32 is just too much.
no wonder that it crashes u need a high end pc to have good fps even with 32.
and i dont think its possible to override the max of 32 (without an error/crash).

Old
  (#3)
makedonija77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted View Post
more than 32 is just too much.
no wonder that it crashes u need a high end pc to have good fps even with 32.
and i dont think its possible to override the max of 32 (without an error/crash).
More than 32 is too much???

I have a high end pc and it works fine when I play with 50 other players through the internet, so I don't think it crashes because of that reason...

Here are the total number of 114 bots that can be added to the game, with the exeption that only 32 of them are ADDED TO THE GAME...

Well, if you can tell me how to make Fritzbot have over 32 bots than I'd be glad to do it...

Thanks for the help...

Old
  (#4)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

IMO increasing the player/bot limit would invalidate the weight of testing that the mod has had over the last many months. Increasing the dimension in one part of the code for bots would risk blowing the memory in a variety of other stucts. For example you could end up with internal Quake engine errors like the dreaded max_gamestate_chars error!

If you have 32 lovers then 32 ain't enough, so the trick is have fewer. You live longer.

.one Ringstellung to rule them all.

Old
  (#5)
the bindlestiff

Default Re: Help with crashes... - 20-08-2006

The bot limit has been mentioned in earlier postings. The maximum number of bots that can be loaded at one time is 32. Even though a larger number of bot names are available, the program will not load more than 32. The limit arises because of the large amount of processing power required to run a bot -- much more that is required by a human player. After all, the programmer doesn't have to code for a human brain like must be done for an artifical intelligence.

Old
  (#6)
Maleficus

Default Re: Help with crashes... - 20-08-2006

32 was a self imposed limit that I set, just because when you ran more then 32, the memory/cpu usage was insane. I have a top of the line machine, and it would lag me out. And I didnt want ppl to get upset and mail me like crazy that more then 32 was lagging them out, so I capped the number of bots.

I don't have the time to work on the bot anymore. It sucks I can't work on Fritz anymore (I'm kinda fond of it and the ppl here), but the games industry is a demanding mistress.

So - don't try to add more then 32.

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#7)
makedonija77

Default Re: Help with crashes... - 24-08-2006

Ok nevermind then. Is there any way to spectate the bots in first person?

Old
  (#8)
Maleficus

Default Re: Help with crashes... - 24-08-2006

no - I made it where you spec'd all the clients in 3rd person because it was requested to be that way.

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#9)
TNR360

Default Re: Help with crashes... - 25-08-2006

With whaleclient you spectate in 1st person and WOW it's nuts

the screen shakes and the croshair is everywhere it's like a regular player using a very old Auto aim hack