.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

action script ?
Old
  (#1)
gs384

Default action script ? - 17-03-2008

Is it possible to action engineers to stop going for a plant action and to go instantly to disarm another teams plant. Seems to me at the moment that untill they die and respawn they will not change there course to go instantly for a disarm.

and that dyno objectives cannot be scripted until after it has blown up.
Any feedback would be a great help, thanx

Last edited by gs384; 17-03-2008 at 01:10.. Reason: to add a relevant point

Re: action script ?
Old
  (#2)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Re: action script ? - 17-03-2008

In FritzBot ET you can use some ET Pro scripting to add extra functionality. In my CAHA_tavern waypoints I needed to focus the non engineer bots to support the top floor when dynamite is planted at Gen A. After implementation I wrote a wiki article (Making_Bots_Respond_To_Dynamite_Planted_Events) describing how to add a dynamite planted event to waypoints. Now you should verify that the dynamite planted event works with the objective you are talking about and that adding the fake entities to the map script doesn't make the waypoints unstable. Then you can briefly turn off the mentioned plant objective. And I mean briefly since you will also turn off the disarm on that plant objective.

As for the RTCW version of FritzBot sorry all you can do is add enough engineer bots and hope.

One other thing you can do is add an engineer camp action near the place they will have to defuse. But because these have the same priority as other major engr objectives there need to be more engineers on the team than available engineer camps and keep the engineer camp action radii tight like 20-30 units.

Old
  (#3)
gs384

thanxs for the quick response TomTom must remember in say it is a rtcw map Im doing

looks like im gonna have to do two engineers for the map.

Q. How do I make sure that the engineers split between the two actions and that they dont both go off to the same action i.e. they both camp or go to plant

Old
  (#4)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

You can't. But you can improve the odds by keeping the engineer camp radii small so they can't camp at the same time on the same spot.
And maybe you can also route the engrs to pass by the defuse objective/camp on the way to the plant. That way they might have to fight, and if they do fight then they will select their goal afresh afterwards. This will make the play somewhat defensive as far as the 2 engineers.

In my ET experience 2 engineers is the absolute minimum in maps needing engineers for main objectives but maybe the RTCW waypointers can advise you some more.