Ideas One idea per thread please! :)

PodBot & human teamplay insufficiencies
Old
  (#1)
CS1.6
This user broke our rules and has been BANNED

Post PodBot & human teamplay insufficiencies - 29-06-2010

The Problem:

If player demands backup / assistance etc ..the bots give up way too fast on succeeding this mission! They run a few metres towards player but then give up the teamplay request and go back to their initial bot goal. I have never seen that a player demands backup / assistance etc and that the player and the bots successfully created a group / gang that would go on and fight side by side (very cool thing). This feature is very vague atm. If you wouldnt know that this feature existed, you could not tell from the in-game experience that podbot had this feature. You hear "Affirmative" etc but you cannot visibly see creation of a group around the player and distinctive bot assistance .. like them going on to fight together side by side in a group.

If a player makes such a (radio) team assist request ..the bots should stay & move closely glued to the player ..and if possible attack in the direction where the player is shooting at..but this will automatically happen if they just would stick around the player and not just go away. This feature would actually make me want to play with bots myself and create a pack at each roundstart to protect me or to increase my fire power. This will be a huge facelift for podbots AI. For a change ..you would feel that you are actually "playing" with somebody. ATM everybody (of the bots) spreads out and everybody is doing "his" thing. You are kinda alone and don't feel you are in a real team. This will be a huge AI increase.

Two main solutions:
  • BOTs should stay close to player (visibly a group!)
  • BOTs should stay long enough so that the player actually benefits from the whole bot team-assist feature: BOTs should assist / backup till player dies (or commands the dissolving of group, e.g. "Go to position and wait..").

Last edited by CS1.6; 29-06-2010 at 16:33..

Re: PodBot & human teamplay insufficiencies
Old
  (#2)
Pagyra

Default Re: PodBot & human teamplay insufficiencies - 04-07-2010

In principle, the issue raised, and I want to artificially create the habits of a group of bots running at 2 +, are actively providing cover for his companion, especially in moments of reloading weapons

Old
  (#3)
CS1.6
This user broke our rules and has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pygmy View Post
In principle, the issue raised, and I want to artificially create the habits of a group of bots running at 2 +, are actively providing cover for his companion, especially in moments of reloading weapons
go learn some english..instead of posting 100% garbage in my threads.
you non-sense mumbling, fail-translator using annoying little pr*ck!

Old
  (#4)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

@CS1.6 - If somebody doesn't know English enough sufficiently to write here his thoughts, it's not yet the reason to offend him. None of the topic starter cannot be treated as its "owner". As long anybody want to add something related to any open topic, he is allowed to. It's up to moderators/admins here to eventually warn somebody if he is spaming the topic by something not related. Apology to Pagyra are expected...

@Pagyra - please, rephrase or express what do You mean so we can understand better Your thoughts. If You have troubles with English - try ask some Your friend to help in translation.

Old
  (#5)
Ancient
PodBot MM's Laziest Waypointer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
If somebody doesn't know English enough sufficiently to write here his thoughts, it's not yet the reason to offend him.
That's what really makes me mad, because when you (KWo) and I first conversed with each other, we had a hard time understanding each other, but thankfully we were patient enough.

@Pagyra
I'd like to understand this suggestion better too. Please rewrite if you're willing to.

[Web Designer][Waypointer][Gamer]
CFE Games Administrator
[CFE]Games.com
[Never Trust the Untrusted]

Old
  (#6)
Pagyra

Default Re: PodBot & human teamplay insufficiencies - 05-07-2010

Ok i paraphrasing.
Need to create a habit of bots in group, are actively providing cover for his teammate, especially in moments of reloading weapons.
Under the "cover" I mean to follow in the direction of sight mate (especially if it is temporarily camp)